A home for EVERYONE!

Nicole - Siena is a light eater... so I usually just serve myself a small portion of what I've made her, with plans to eat a snack later after she's asleep. I find that makes me eat less... when I eat a normal portion of what she's eating, then I STILL eat something later so yeah better when I eat just enough while she's eating so that she's not bugging me about not eating (she doesn't like eating alone, lol). Also, I tend to give her healthy stuff, so that's not the issue... it's just the eating food when she's eating even though I'm not hungry that has been a problem on occasion.

Janelle - I about died after grocery shopping Saturday, so I am seriously considering getting a wheelchair next time! Torn! That time was worse because needed stuff all over the store. Better when not having to walk the entire store. And yeah sounds like compression socks really help you!! I elevate my feet at work and at home when I can.. but I don't have major swelling issues yet. It sounds like the weather makes a difference! Our weather hasn't gotten super hot yet. Oh and I get out of bed by grabbing the headboard and pulling... I found that tends to make it so I don't get the pains in my legs that I'd get from rolling over. Good luck! Come on Friday!!! Yay for the yard work!!

Oh I'm happy because DH finished redoing our deck railing out back. So I should be seeing him more now. Yay! We even put Siena down together last night at bedtime. Had been almost a month of him being outside till past her bedtime.

Ok off to lunch I go! Think I'll pick up a salad at the salad bar... spinach with kidney and black beans and then regular stuff too.. but I read on here someone said that stuff had magnesium in it so helps with leg pains?? Hey, worth a try! So that'll be dinner... will get a hummus veggie wrap with chips for my lunch... my go-to fav healthy prego meal that has helped me avoid having all the subway and mcdonalds I had in my first pregnancy!

I cleaned some and I am exhausted and I still have to go to work and write a paper tonight? seriously? ugh.....

Janelle you made me smile! oh and by the way I have FRIDAY OFF!!!!!! I will have my phone clutched in my hand the WHOLE and no kids so no need to get up early so no worries on your part for waking me up or not.....OH I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Lizzy- I give it up to you girl I cant be that good lol

0513081341_01.jpg 0513092849_01.jpg
Here is a picture of the back patio. I like the red mulch boarder. It added some color. We're going to paint the gray stepping stones a bright vibrant pattern. It looks too earthy to me just the way it is. I think painting the stones might add some character.

There are 4 red stepping stones in the bottom right corner, you can only see 3 in the picture, but I'm going to paint out foot prints on them. Because there is going to be 4 of us. :) Behind the wood fence in the picture is a decent section of yard, that fence used to go around the whole patio, but I had Dan cut one side down to open up the yard. Anyway, we're going to do a garden behind that fence probably next year. I thought it would be a cute idea to paint Samuel and Sara's footprints on stepping stones each year, kind like to document their growth. These 4 that we do this year, will be sort of like a test run.

I'll take a picture of the front when I go to get the mail when it gets here.

Krissy, it will be 9:00 your time when we go to the hospital.

Janelle you are going in the morning right? I don't care what time stuff happens lol just happy I sit my phone!

Yep. 6 am. Friday morning. Dr. said if I do that, shift change is at 7 am and I will be first on the list for an epidural, so I wont have to wait hours. He said the only thing that could hold him up is if there was a surgery scheduled and even then I would only have to wait 45 mins.

ok happy to hear you get it right away so you can fINALLY get comfy!!!!!

ok time to get ready for work!

Janelle - I'm so jealous you have an induction date. Your backyard looks great! I just wanna lay outside now. Does it get pretty hot in the summer there? I only remember you having snow in the winter.

Libby - Glad your dh finished the deck and it was just in time.

Amber, Krissy, Angel, Maria, Nicole, Misty, Loren - :hi:

AFM - Went in for a nst due to slowed movements and little mam started kicking as I was on my way to the dr. Apparently he's moving a lot more than I can feel. Only 1 cm though. I'm so ready to have this baby. *sigh*

Grace, thanks. it's suppose to peak at 87 today. It gets pretty warm, but it's dry heat. I'm sure it doesn't get as warm as it does where you are. It's pretty humid where you live right? I'm not a fan of humidity. I do like relaxing outside, but not when I have elephant feet.

1 cm isn't bad, it's something. You were thinned out quite a bit weren't you? I was only 50% effaced.

Yep - We have humid heat and it sucks. Today is nice though. She said I had effaced some but didnt say the percentage. Said cervix was soft but not in a condition to induce. He'll be here when he's ready, I guess. I'm just sick of work right now.

I feel lucky that I didn't have to worth through either of my pregnancies. I don't know how you do it. I would have stopped weeks ago! Better to save up what time you've got though! I worked with this one lady who was IN LABOR on my shift. She refused to go to the hospital until her shift was over because she needed the money. It was a nightmare for me to try and focus with her breathing and angry face. LOL don't be THAT lady, Grace!

Don't worry. I will not be THAT woman. I would stop working now but I've got a bonus I should be getting on the 20th so I need to try stay here for that, but once that money hits our account then I'm done!

GRace - Yeah they had me come in after I had a fall one weekend and I hadn't felt much movement and turned out I just hadn't been feeling it. Hate that! And yeah working sucks... but it also does help the time go by... I was dreading coming to work this morning while getting dressed and then I though well, what would I do if I stayed home anyway?? I can't really be all that active unless I want to make myself incredibly sore. And I'm sick of tv after watching it more than normal due to being more sedentary lately at home. also, my nursery is done and we don't have much left to buy. So I'll keep draggin my butt to work I guess. Had considered going to half days at 38 weeks. Now not sure if I need that. But would give me something to look forward to... but still have a way to break up my day some so I have a reason to get up...

Libby - Waking up and getting ready is by far the worst part of working. My nurse was telling me that she stopped working at 38 weeks with her first but went right up until her delivery date with her second. Said the samething you did about it making the time go by faster. Too bad we don't get naps at work. ;)

So ladies, I seen a nursery set, which included crib, dresser, and change table for 249.99 in Sears. Opinions?

Aspe - do you know what gender you're having? That can help a lot! Or are you just buying gender neutral furniture for now?

4 more days Janelle!! Hopefully not much more for you too, Grace! Can't wait to see your babies!!

Tyler rolled from his tummy to back today! Three different times and both ways, to the right and left. I don't remember the ages of all of these milestones but I was excited anyway! lol

Ok selfish post.....today has been one of the worst days of my life by far. My poor dad called my sobbing because the dr office had called and told him that it looks like his cancer is back according to the blood work. he has been in remission for 7 1/2 years!!!! It sounds corny and cliché but he is the best man ever! he is selfless and cares so much for other people and time and time again he keeps getting knocked down. we wont know more of how bad it is exactly till he sees his cancer dr whenever they get that apt set up hopefully some time soon but I am just devastated! I could hardly think at work because he had called me an hour before I had to be there and he was home alone bc my brothers were working and my mom was at school taking her finals. so I had to work knowing my dad was all alone having to deal with such terrible news.

ok I have to try and do this stupid paper now...I don't even care about it anymore....

Awww...Krissy, I'm so sorry hun. Sending special prayers for your dad and prayers of peace for you.

I'll be home all day FRiday Janelle so someone better keep this site updated since I feel like I'm the only one who has nobody's cell phone numbers.

AFM- Tomorrow at 2 p.m. is my appointment. Not expecting much but hoping for something. The past 3 days I've had random contractions, about 3-5 a day but they are around 2-3 hours apart. Oh, I got a bassinet in a beige/cream color off of Craigslist tonight for $50 so that saved us a good bunch of money. Next month we are saving for a double stroller (new or like new) and the Medela Swing single electric breast pump (new obviously). Once I get my closet rearranged this week and the bassinet in my room I will officially be ready for this baby to come. Just to let you know, my babies like to come on Mondays.

Grace-You doing anything to help yourself along? Sex? Pineapple juice? Massage?

Libby-I should eat smaller portions but I'm usually really hungry at dinner time.

Hi to everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->