A home for EVERYONE!

Nicole have you called your insurance yet? bc the research I did last night said that with the obma care private insurance companies are now required to cover the cost of a breast pump. call your insurance company see what they say don't hurt!

I already know the breastpump thing doesnt affect military insurance but I will call Tricare during my daughter'snap to double check. I decided to email my DH about the breastpump on craigslist. If he says no, I wont push it and just settle for what we agreed on. Ugh...making my daughter's oatmeal made me nauseous and now I'm sitting down because I"m dizzy.

So tired. Journal explains why. But yeah Janelle I hate stainless steel too. Brushed/oiled bronze so much better for fingerprints etc. Glad your feet are better. And yea cervical pain probably a good thing! You moving around and such now is good... they say the stuff that helps put you into labor won't really do much until your body is geared to go into labor. Can't believe DH's lead did that, gah. Dan HAS to take off!!!!

Grace - Spotting huh? Well maybe that is good! I don't recall spotting after I got one, or if so it wasn't much. And yeah the pump is nice! Make sure to call and get one! I didn't have to fill anything out... just had to call and say I was prego! I'm glad I did and I already had a pump! But now I can keep one at work. So you are going to stay home and not go back to work?

Since so many folks on Bnb are in UK... I see how common it is to go past your due date! Seems like that is more common there instead of inducing like here. So 41+ weeks seems pretty normal there! Gah! I'm like Grace in not wanting to induce... but not sure I could last that long!!

Wow Amber! Your baby is gorgeous but yes car seat picture really shows how small she is!!!!!! Thank you for the pictures!! And glad you are starting to be able to play with your daughter again! I have been trying to do things with mine but man it gets harder and harder!

Nicole - My appt... no news... he didn't check cervix, I'm measuring fine. Said I'm good to have baby any time starting Friday. But don't expect to go early. Yeah if I was going to have a c section no matter what, I'd prefer an earlier date instead of 41 weeks!!!! My cervix is soft like yours also. That is good!

Had a scan last week and baby was 6+ pounds, forgetting the ounces. But seems like we thought he was smaller than Siena so that gives me hope that he won't be bigger than her even if born a week later than her.

Krissy - Did any of your kids get really upset when they needed to go and demand a diaper?? Siena seems to be scared to not have one on when she needs to go. And will sit on the potty, but not to go. She's gone on it maybe twice? But one of those times she was going AS I was putting her on it.

Just called my insurance and they said a breast pump isn't covered because my company does not follow Healthcare Reform. Darn it! They are a freaking $20 billion company and they can't cover a breast pump. *end vent*

Guess I need to go look at which one I want. I hear the manual pumps work really well if you don't plan on working. Any suggestions?

Grace- If you go manual, go Medela. The harmony is reallyeasy to use and I got a lot of use out of mine. Also if you need spare parts for it at any point almost any store will have replacement valves and such. I would buy extra bottles too. We are getting anelectricx for the simple fact that I'll have a toddler to take care of too.

Aw man that sucks!!

Well, I am about to head home. Taking off work early. Exhausted. Guess I overdid it last night.

Well we have been to the potty 4 times. She ate her oatmeal better than expected so that should help since she has been havibng pooping trouble again. Going to put her on her potty one more time before we go outside for half an hour. Still have to figure out lunch but I'm sure something will come to me.

Rest up Libby! Wish I could but that wont be for another 90 minutes at least.

Morning ladies.

Amber, she is so stinkin' cute!!! Awe, seeing that little face in that little seat just took the fear of labor away. Oh, I can't wait to meet my little lady. I'm so excited to be having a girl!!

I've forgotten what everyone else has said. Sorry. I know potty training was a topic of conversation. We tried it with Samuel and it was a nightmare. I finally gave up because I didn't want to traumatize him. I figure, he gave up his crib, highchair, bottle, sippy cup, pacifier, and blankie all on his own. I'm sure there will come a time soon he will give up his diaper. He tells you when he has to poop and will go in the other room to do it. He knows when he has to pee and tells you when he needs a new diaper. We tried the whole big boy undies, but he will hold his pee all day long and I fear him getting a UTI or some infection. He's starting to show interest though. He'll take his diaper off and sit on the potty, but not go even though he says he did. I like letting him do things on his own, seems easier and I don't have to fight him. He's a pretty easy kid doing it that way. I can't imagine potty training with a newborn though. Especially since the only newborn I know of is Samuel. So, I'm expecting Sara to be throwing up all the time and wearing our vacuum out getting her to sleep LOL. Hopefully it is nothing like that and this baby is a breeze.

Breast pump. Someone mentioned breast pumps. I had a double electric pump that was evenflo I think when I first started. That thing was worthless once I discovered medela. I couldn't get a good seal with the evenflo and it was just a mess and frustrating, so I rarely pumped. Then I got a medela and was in heaven!! I was able to pump so much so quickly, that I increased my supply. I loved it! I've never tried a hand pump, but I'm not sure I would having used an electric. Especially, if you have the bra that holds the pump in place. You can pump and vacuum if you need. Or catch a quick snooze.

Well, Dan's employee showed up to work today and Dan straight told him if he doesn't show up to work on Friday he wont have a job to return to on Monday. He wrote him up for missing work yesterday as well. Showing him he's not messing around. Dan told me if he doesn't show up on Friday he'll close shop. He's not going to miss the birth of Sara. So, now I'm not worried at all. :)

AFM, I've got some serious vagina stabbing going on today. Maybe I can get that other 1/2 cm in there. (((grumble)))

Hope you ladies are enjoying you day so far!!

Well potty training is not bad so far. She agrees to sit on her potty every 20 minutes. I even told her that diapers are for babies and now she wants nothing to do with them. We have had one poop and one pee accident in the last 2 hours. I showed her where poop goes and plopped it in. We waved goodbye and flushed it down. When she had peed, I asked and she admitted it. We took off her wet panites and got a new pair. She is so big now! My only fear is that she is down for a nap nowand I'm afraid she's going to wake up covered in pee but I guess it's the price to pay in order to get her to learn that she needs to get mommy when she has to go potty.

DH asked what all was included with the pump and I told him I'd call or text the lady to ask about it. We are kinda stuck on the double stroller thing. There are only 2 brands that seem to be compatible with the infant car seat we have so we are hoping one of those comes on craigslist next month.

....you can always post in the wanted section. Might get what you need for free. I give stuff away all the time to those in need on craigslist. I take care of my stuff too.

Yeah I'll probably post about a double stroller later today after I call my insurance.

No Grace, it's only Wednesday. COME ON FRIDAY!!!! We're suppose to have thunderstorms tomorrow and Friday. Samuel was born during a thunderstorm.

My babies like to be born on Mondays. I understand wanting it to be June, Grace. I'm expecting this baby to be very comfy inside momma so will probably stay in til my due date even though my back wants him out already.

Okay, finally on BnB on my computer so I'm going to do a picture montage from beginning in case anybody would like to see!!

Tyler just born.jpg
This is just minutes after being born.

wires everywhere.jpg
All wired up :(

day old tubed up.JPG
Next day with cpap machine giving oxygen

Mama's first hold.jpg
My first time getting to hold him :)

Daddy's first hold.jpg
Daddy's first time getting to hold him <3

MnJ.... your pics brought tears of joy to my eyes :cloud9:

Janelle.... good luck for Friday, I'm away for a few days from tomorrow but I'll try and stalk for an update when I can :winkwink::baby:

Hi everybody, all is good here and I had my booking in appointment yesterday. :baby: is measuring 4 days ahead and they are taking great care of me because of my history and risks :cloud9:

xoxo

One day old cpap gone.jpg
Here he's one day old, already got rid of the oxygen and cpap machine so we were able to move the feeding tube to his nose instead of through his mouth.

3 days old under biliruben lights.jpg
3 days old... under the bilirubin lights because he had jaundice :(

3 days old my little monkey man.jpg
3 days old, my little monkey man :)

4 days old daddy son time.jpg
4 days old, daddy/son bonding time

parents room in nicu.jpg
This is the parents' room in the nicu that I was able to stay in for 13 days for free!! I don't know what I would have done without it. I was just down the hallway from Tyler's little room so when it was time to eat the nurses just called me if I was in the room sleeping and I was there in a minute. So cool!

Oh Misty! He is so cute! I'm waiting on more pics.

I love the monkey cap. So cute.

9 days old car seat test in hospital.jpg
9 days old having the car seat test done at the hospital. He had to be able to sit in the car seat for 90 minutes without drops in his heart rate or oxygen level in order to be able to go home. He passed but didn't go home for 9 more days anyway!

2 weeks old.jpg
2 weeks old... gassy smiles :)

15 days old so handsome.jpg
15 days old.. LOVE this picture!!

18 days just got home from hospital cats checking out.jpg
18 days old, just got home from the hospital and my 3 cats are like what the HECK is this?!

Max checking Tyler out just home from hospital.jpg
This picture just made me cry. This is my Max meeting Tyler for the first time. This is the dog I had to put down :cry:

Misty, isn't it crazy how quickly their little faces change? I look at pictures of Samuel when he was first born and then a few months later and now and he looks completely different in each set. So happy the little guy is doing well and you're all healthy and happy! Any guesses on who he looks more like?

Angel, I've missed seeing your posts!! I was just thinking about you this morning. Happy to read that you're measuring ahead and all is well. Can't wait to see what you're having. Only a few more weeks!!!

AFM, I think I'm going to repack my hospital bag tonight. That way Dan can put in what he wants. I don't even know what I have packed in it..

Have any of you ladies been induced before? Libby, I know you have. What's the eating rule??? If I go in at 6 in the morning should I not eat breakfast? Maybe I should call my doctor or the hospital and ask them. I know the only reason they say they don't want you eating while you're in labor or so many hours before is if you have to have a csection. I may still need one. It's not completely ruled out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->