A home for EVERYONE!

Morning ladies!!!

Woke up today with my hips locked. AGAIN. Took a nice hot shower and I'm feeling much better. So excited that I only have to deal with this today and tomorrow morning. Then it's all down hill from there. I can't believe the time has come to finally push this watermelon out! Feels like just yesterday we were trying to get pregnant again. It's been one year since our first miscarriage. Can't wait to meet little Miss Sara Evelyn.

Krissy, So happy to read that "asshole" teacher accepted your paper!!! ;)

Nicole, Happy to read you're not in pain. Let me tell you, it sucks and I wouldn't wish it on anyone! I dread getting out of bed to pee every night and in the morning. Especially when my hips lock. If you've made it this long with out pain, I'm sure you'll make it to the end comfortable enough to not complain much.

Grace, I was screaming! I'm sure everyone in the doctors office heard me yelling at my doctor. I was also sobbing because I went an entire week in so much pain and I only dilated 1/2 cm. I'm sure they are use to hearing crazy pregnant women screaming. I couldn't help myself.. It worked though. I could see that my doctor felt bad for me, but it's the hospital's policy to not induce before 39 weeks. If it were up to him, he would have induced me at 37. He even went out of his way to make sure I had a good anesthesiologist to give me my epidural. I like that. He made sure I was in good hands. Now if only I can get a nurse with gentle hands to check me.

Janelle - Yes, let's get Sara on out then. We do not need you screaming in the dr's office. You better keep us updated too. I can't be going 2 or 3 days not knowing what's going on.

Janelle - i went in at bedtime for my induction that way I could get some sleep before everything got started. And they said I could eat up until I went to the hospital. I would say eat in the morning but something very light.

I want to catch up with everybody, but about to go get Siena. I took off early yesterday to go home and sleep. And then today I was busy playing catch-up. And then our Internet at work was down the rest of the day, of course grrrr. So I couldn't get online! I will read everybody's posts tomorrow!

Janelle.. How does the baking soda test go? You put so much pee on top of baking soda? If it foams, it means?

I bet you are busy doing last minute things this evening. Thinking about you and how Sara will be here shortly. I still remember the day and the image of the first response test you posted. How time flies.

Hope your labour and delivery goes well. Will be anxiously waiting updates on you and baby. Thinking about you

All the very best for tomorrow Janelle...waiting to c pics of sara soon... will keep u in my prayers for a safe delivery and a healthy baby :hugs:

Yay, excited for Janelle tomorrow!

Aspe, you put like 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup and then pee on it. If it fizzes its supposed to be a boy, no fizz means a girl.

Went grocery shopping and bought 90% of healthy stuff and some frozen skillet meals for when baby gets here.

No improvements on potty training but I'm not letting up.

Hey ladies had a stressful day at work basically hoping I don't get in trouble for anything last thing I need is to loose my job! Trying to relax and go to sleep but all I can think about is what I didn't do and if caught could be big trouble why am I so stupid and forgetful? Ok gonna try not to stress what done is done I can't change a thing now.....

Krissy - Please try and relax. I'm sure they will understand if they find out. No one is perfect. You sound like you give things a really good effort. I'm sure they will remember that.

Janelle - I hope everything goes well today. I hope you get that epidural before things get to painful, and I hope you're holding Sara in your arms in no time. This is so exciting. I can't wait to see big brother Samuel and his little sister. I'm sure your pics will have us crying as much as Misty's did. I'll be thinking about you all day. Keep us updated if you can, but I think you'll be pretty busy. ;-)

Oh no krissy :( try not to worry, everyone makes mistakes! It sounds like thimgs are a little stressful for you right now...fingers crossed for joshs job interview and your dad's testing...he sounds like one amazing guy!!! Hope little bean is behaving for you! Xx

Good luck today janelley!!! You're about to meet your little girl!! So incredibly excited for you! Hope it all goes smoothly and healthily! Xx

Aspe, my soda test was right, didnt foam and predicted boy :)

Hello all other lovely ladies, hope you're all well and little babies are treating you well! Xxx

Today's the day, Janelle!!! woo hoo!!! Exciting!! Can't wait for that to be me!!!

What do ya'll think about having house guests? I just read someone suggesting no house guests for like the first week so you can 'cocoon' and just snuggle with the baby and not have people interfering. I can see that being nice for some. Me, I'll have my mom stay with us about a week or so right away. Because she'll be visiting for the birth. But I think I'll like it. She's not going to be in the way and bugging me... she already said she's planning to cook and clean and help with Siena... she knows she's not staying with us to watch a newborn!

Work will be slow today... I 'think'... going back to read the posts I missed last couple of days.

Nicole - Good luck with potty training! Siena isn't ready yet... or at least I'm not ready to force her into it yet! Hoping sometime on maternity leave she gets interested because that would be ideal! Right now, she'll ask for a diaper in order to go to the bathroom if not wearing one, grr!

Pumps, I had medela double electric that I'll use again... I had trouble with let down though. And NEVER got a second letdown while pumping like I read was possible. But then I wasn't the type to start leaking when a baby cried either. So just depends on your supply I guess. But I will be pumping for sure... just not until later.

And good luck with the double stroller... I haven't gotten one yet... not really sure yet what to get. I'm thinking it'll be a pain to use one because so big! And we don't use a stroller a ton right now... usually a cart or something if we're at a store... and then we carry her or she walks when we go somewhere. But its not like I'm taking Siena to the mall and zoos and stuff. I guess eventually. IF we go to a mall, it’s a SHORT trip because she won't last long before becoming a pain! Anyway, so I'm figuring snap n go stroller for the infant car seat or if Siena needs a stroller, then put Sprout in a carrier on my front. We shall see...

Janelle - Oh good I am glad Dan is putting his foot down and refusing to let work interfere with being at the hospital!!! And yeah I think I spent 2 nights in the hospital... but that they would have let me go a day sooner if I wanted... but I said I'd stay! And I Was glad I did for the help!! But this time around I am guessing I'll want to leave sooner, we'll see.

Angel - Oh cool on having your appt! Happy 15 weeks!!

Misty - Yeah I love that pic you said you loved of Tyler in the Monkey hat... and so sad about your dog and meeting Tyler awwwwww. So I guess maybe your first while at home with Tyler was different since he had been at the hospital awhile... was he at all adjusted to nights and days when he came home? Did you go crazy with waking up so often at night? Interested to see how the newborn stage goes for everyone!

Aspe - Yep, sounds like stretching pains and normal pains.

Krissy - Glad you got 100 on your paper yayyy!!! Fingers crossed for Josh's job!!! Oh dear what happened at work? I hope you 'get away with it' because that sounds like the best option in the situation... ack! I have had that fear before at work too and it sucks!!! I know that in my case usually I stressed over it way more than needed though... and people can be pretty understanding... good luck!

Happy full term day to me!! Bring on any and all labour starting ideas, haha!

Not that I'm in a rush though. Still need to clean the baby contraptions DH pulled from the attic and assemble the big swing etc. Car seat base is filthy too. And not installed. Co sleeper isn't attached to the bed yet... there's a strap that has to go all the way under our incredibly heavy mattress... one of those foam kind oh dear my stupid prego brain has been so BAD this week... I can't rememebr what they're called!?

I want to get my hair cut and colored before the birth also! Since there will be pics at the hospital and then also we'll have newborn family pics less than a week later too. May try and schedule a haircut for my lunch hour. Coloring... ha I have a box at home, so will do that. But has highlight kit with it, so thinking I may wait until my mom comes to get her help since last time I did one of those, I got all lazy and just chose random hairs to highlight.

Libby - It sounds like you have a good plan with your mom. She's got reasonable expectations too. My mom is coming the week after so that we can establish a routine and figure out what we really need help with. I'm also concerned about really giving breastfeeding a shot and I just won't feel comfortable trying to figure all that out with my mom staring at me.

Yeah first time around, it was good I didn't have a house guest right away... I was an emotional WRECK!!! And DH took off 2 weeks. Although my mom would have been more REAL help, it was good for him to be involved since it was our first etc. This time, he hasn't really planned to officially take any certain amount of time off... but its a family business and now he's been there awhile so they are more lax about his time off. Told him I am more worried about AFTER my mom leaves. Hoping he can be around THEN. Like midday right after the baby eats, take him so I can get a nap.

I'm the one that picks up the house and cleans up after Siena and does her laundry and although DH does do dishes as much as I do, I'm the one that cleans the kitchen... its stuff he just doesn't think about... I also keep the fridge/pantry stocked and am the one to note when we run out of anything in the house from toilet paper to diapers so pretty sure there will be tons of 'omgs' where we have to make a gadgillion store runs because we're totally out of something as trivial as tin foil lol. So pretty sure the house is going to he@@ after I have this baby, sigh!

As far as nursing, yeah last time my dad came when Siena was 2 weeks old, stayed for 2 weeks. That worked because yeah had a bit more of a routine before he got there so I was not so insane about trying to learn everything and had an easier time knowing how he could help. Nursing was still not totally figured out, but better. Was great by a month because that's when my nips hardened up and stopped bleeding etc.. but that's different for everyone. Was nice when I could walk around without a shirt on, so missed that while my dad was here, ha. Nips couldn't air out as much! :)

Hey everyone! Janelle sent this for me to post. Last belly pic!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 3
First of all Congrats Janelle!!!!! Good luck and cant wait for updates!!!

Loren thanks and your little man is so freaking cute!!!! as far as josh wont really hear anything till at least Monday.

Lizzy-my mom was always a huge help! we lived with them the first month josh was alive before we moved and she was great! gave me breaks when needed but NEVER tried to tell me how to care for my baby. she knew I knew what I was doing. then when we moved out he was 6weeks old and had just started in with colic! that is HELL!!!!!!!!! so my mom would take him over night starting at about 2 months just to make sure I did not kill him, lol. cograts on full term!!!!

Grace-tell that baby to hurry up lol!!!!! yeah I don't think nothing will come of last night just have too much of a conscience I guess lol. I am going to enjoy my day!!!!!

Aspe-i might try that test to not sure If I have baking soda handy though! I know I got pee lol.

pdx-hi lady!!! how you been??????

Misty it is soooo good to see you on here!!! thanks for the pic! she missed me on that one lol. so happy I have today off...don't be afraid to hit me up lol.

Nicole-did you figure anything out yet?

Afm-i am going to have a good day damn it! little miss sara should be born, going to relay for life event today with the family for my dad. maybe some yard saling? I am not sure yet. just happy to not be at work!

Still smiling so must not be hurting too much yet! lol They gave her pitocin but no epidural yet til they get fluids in her. She said contractions aren't unbearable yet. Well as I'm typing she texted they are going to give her the epidural now. They were waiting til she got that to check how dilated she is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 4
Ok Janelle update-she is patiently waiting for her epidural last time I talked to her and once she has it she will be checked then so she wont have to go through the pain of being checked then the game plan will be set.

go Janelle go!!!!!

lol misty we typed basically the samething......maybe I should leave you to Janelle up dates lol!

I was just laughing and saying OOPS too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->