A home for EVERYONE!

Amber - From last time, I know they started the pitocin during the night and then dr waited to break the water until the morning? I forget his reasoning... I think it hurts more once water is broken maybe?? Because I didn't get the epidural until after that. I am definitely planning to get epidural sooner this time if possible!!! Yes, hindsight!

Nicole - Good luck with the big cleaning! And hope you are able to go get the stroller! Oh my hope Jerusha sleeps better tonight... hate nights like that... I've been up for hours during the night with Siena because she would be scared like that and desperate for me to stay with her but not going back to sleep... that made my 530 am alarm for work AWFUL! Your dr's office needs to call you today grr!!

Grace - ok glad the hospital has sorted things out and Ethan gets to come home soon! Good eater! That is one less thing to stress about, yay! You must be totally stressed but you sound like you are handling things very well, at least on here you do!

Krissy - Ok good pain is down some. I still hope they give you some stronger meds grr. And yeah keep ER as an option if it gets bad again!

afm - put up out of office sign on monitors, changed phone voicemail, out of office 'on' for Outlook email... I'm outta here, yay! Off to lunch with my mom and not back at work until after Labor Day!

Alright, see if I can update quickly! Things are good. We came home last friday, so i'm on my own! I ended up spending the wkend in bed while my husband played with m due to my migraine....still no meds. :( it has gotten worse, but now he's at work and I have to suck it up.

C is doing well. She's filling out and has changed a lot. We had a wk of reflux. I realized it was the crystallite lemonade I was drinking finally. She was spitting up in small amts most of the time, so didn't realize how much. Weighed her and she was down to 4.5 lbs....eek! She's back to putting on wt, so i'm happy. I think she's going through a growth spurt, eating hrly most of the time......no sleep for mommy.....oh well. She of course slept a few hrs this am, but m was already up, so no sleep for me. I can't believe she's already 3 wks old...today would have been my due date.

Janelle- how is the bleeding, hopefully better.

Grace- hope things continue well and he gets to come home. If you can nurse your milk supply will likely increase....or when you pump, pump a few min past producing milk to signal need for more if you aren't keeping up with him.

Krissy- completely understand dr fruestration!

Nicole- hope things work out for stroller!

Libby- after they broke my water things got intense quickly/immediately. But if you get epidural first it wouldn't matter much!

Hi ladies,

Krissy.. You have been on my mind the past few days. I do hope the pain lessens. With time, I hope you feel better mentally and emotionally. I can only imagine how difficult it is. Please know you are in my thoughts.

Nicole.. Hopefully you can get the stroller. How long are they going to hold it for you?

Libby.. I have no personal experience so I can offer no advice in that department. I do understand what it is like to have a strong opinion and then you gets thrown a curve ball by a higher professional.

Grace.. Hopefully baby can go home soon :)

Misty.. Beautiful picture :)

Janelle.. Hope all is good with your family

Loren, Amber, and if I missed anyone else
Hi and I hope mommy and baby are great :)

What did it feel like the first time you felt baby move? I can feel something but am not thinking anything of it. Imagine a heartbeat, but with the beats 30 seconds between. Now if that heartbeat was stronger. Then a part of me wants to say it is like a weird thunk twitch. Hard to explain. It happened a couple of times today. Either way I do not think it is baby yet.

Quick update before I call the dr's office and eat lunch.:

We got the stroller! So excited to use it this summer! Making chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream tomorrow as my splurge for cleaning. Done some dishes but have a lot more to do still. No DH wont be able to come home until October because it is only a 9 month deployment. Jerusha has been crabby today but she is going down for a nap in 15 minutes after she finishes eating.

Just wanted to say, I hate waiting. I thought the hospital would have called to schedule my C-section by now so I called my OB's office to see why they havent called. The lady told me that they wont call til probably around 4 p.m. on Tuesday because then they will know an exact time. So I only find out 36 hours beforehand? Ugh....rant over.

Ugh, was going to post pic, but cuts most of it off....

The girls.. :)

1013_631443500217738_477425520_n.jpg

Amber.. You have beautiful daughters. Love the photo :)

Amber sooooo cute!

Ok little but of good news josh got called for his interview for Monday at the same place his brother works at, his ap was handed in Tuesday so everything crossed he gets it! Would be a HUGE blessing for us and I could really use one right about now!

Well just took my cocktail of Norco an flexural so hopefully a really sound sleep for me tonight still not 100% on going back to work tomorrow.

Amber too cute!!! Beautiful girls :)

Aspe what day is your scan?

Grace I hope Ethan is able to get his health issues resolved and goes home soon!

Krissy how are u feeling? I hate that you're in so much pain. Like you're not dealing with enough...

Janelle tell Sara her boyfriend says hi and to keep eating. He likes his women chubby ;)

Libby I sure hope you're still going to post even tho you're not at work anymore!!

Nicole so you know what day you're having your c section, just not the time?

Who'd I miss?

Afm I sure wish I had some anxiety medicine. I go back to work Monday and every minute closer it gets, the more nauseous I become...

Yeah, baby is 5 days away! We know this baby will be here on Thursday before the afternoon but apparently they have to figure out a time. We are in a medium-sized city but there are 4 hospitals in this city so I don't see why they have to let me know the time. I'm sure that they aren't doing 12 C-sections that day and that is my OB's OR (operating room) day!

misty-I am with u on the antianxiety meds! I am pretty sure I am going back today and so not ready for the questions....who is watching tyler for ya? I know it will be hard for ya but if your anything like me I know I have to go back bc we need the money....

Nicole-I so don't understand your dr office. with my planned csections I had mine scheduled by the time I was 20weeks to make sure I had the day and time I wanted. but at least you have some sort of idea when.

afm-slept a lot better from like 10pm-6am then meds wore off and took more now doing better. I don't want to go back to work bc I know I will get all the questions but I also know we need the money. but to make sure I am really up to it I am going to do some cleaning around the house and see what that does to me bc if I cant even clean I know I cant work.....

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA lately. Just been kinda busy and lazy around my house. I'm suuuuper tired because of the heat here. I think I'm going to take a nap in a few minutes.

Krissy, I hope he gets the job! Keep me posted!

Nicole, good news that you're getting your csection done. Any decision on the MIL being their for the birth?

Misty, Sara is definitely getting chunky for her man! Don't you worry.

Amber, cute pic of the girls.

Grace, happy to read things are looking up. Hope Ethan can go home on Monday.

Aspe, Can't wait for your scan!!!

Maria, hope things are going well for you.

Angel, I miss reading your posts, although I can't really talk... I hope things are going well for you and your little guy. Didn't you get work recently? I can't remember. How is that going for you?

Libby, hope you're enjoying the not having to work and relax approach. Sprout still kicking your butt?

PDX, Are you in any sort of 2ww yet?

Sorry, if I missed anyone, I'm really trying to keep my eyes open at the moment. Someone asked how my "bleeding" was. Well, Dan went to walmart and got me this stuff called Nipple Butter. IT'S A MUST HAVE!!! That Lanolin crap is toast, compared to this stuff. With in minutes my nipples felt better and by the next morning they were healed. GET IT!!!

Other than that, things are going well for us. Sara had a doctors appointment yesterday and is up 1 lb from her last visit. She's a little chunk! Even my doctor was amazed at how much she gained in 10 days. I'm loving every minute that I get to spend with my family. Samuel is running through the sprinklers right now as we speak, so I better for join the fun before my nap

Here is a recent picture of my little piglet!

0601132543_01.jpg

We talked it over but decided to stay with the original plan especially since not sure how responsive and alert she will be since on weekdays she works the overnight shift. For example, last night she only worked 5 hours but even though she got more than enough sleep she still wasnt up at noon when we were supposed to be at a graduation party. We eventually got to the party and she passed out at the table after eating half a sandwich. I just dont think I can trust her to be alert enough. Going to mall tomorrow after church to do another 90 minutes of walking so I'll breing my running shoes and our close family friend who will be their for the delivery said she may stop and buy some castor oil and orange juice for me. She is really excited to meet this baby (she is kinda like an adopted grandmother to our kids). As far as Jerusha, she is getting crabbier and more clingy as the days go by so I'm not looking forward to the next 3 days before the operation. Tonight was supposed to be my last free night before the baby arrives but Dh's parents have the other 2 grandkids this weekend and her cousin Wrigley (yes, that is her actual first name) has major head lice. They got a prescription and treated her but she has a ton of eggs in her hair so Jerusha will just have her time with DH's parents Wednesday night-Sunday instead of going over for her usual Saturday night.

Hoping I can convince my mom to buy the 3 things I still need for baby: 1. Changing table, 2. Baby bathtub, and 3. Newborn head support for carseat (didnt realize until last week that we left the one that belongs with the carseat in NY).

Nicole, be careful with the castor oil...i read somewhere in my first preg that it can cause excessive bleeding. Not a good thing, esp if you have c-section, not that you want extra bleeding if have natural delivery either. I know a lot of people use it, but just be careful.

I'm not sure if she'll actually buy it or not. She just brought it up in front of my in-laws today because everyone keeps asking if baby is ready to come out yet. I'm still taking EPO, taking the stairs about 10 times a day at home, and doing 30 minutes of bouncing on my gym ball.

Oh, I only got 5 hours of sleep last night because when I got up to pee at 3 a.m. last night baby decided he wntted to be active and every time he would start to move I would have to pee again. Ended up being up from 3 a.m. til almost 7 a.m. I went over this month's budget and wrote a 3 month (starting in July) workout plan and wrote my goal in large letters at the top. It is a very light workout routine mainly consisting of walks with the double stroller and 3-5 pushups every day using my gym ball. I wont start doing sit-ups until baby is about 8 weeks old.

Ugh...well it happened. $ days before my C-section, our friend who was going to be in the room with me during my C-section fell down the cement stairs at church and has probably popped a tendon in her ankle. Now to talk to DH about who is our backup choice.

Like I always tell Dan, you gotta have a back up to back up the back up. Hope your husband can think of someone quickly just in case you go into labor on your own. ...I'd hold off on all the walking and castor oil until you're able to find a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->