A home for EVERYONE!

Amber, Cloth diapers are the way to go! We used them with Samuel and plan to use them with Sara. She sleeps with pampers at night though. We were going to start using them as soon as her umbilical cord fell off, but she's growing so quickly we wanted to get use of our newborn diapers. They aren't cheap! So, we'll be starting them this weekend along with size 1 diapers at night. Where did you get your pattern for the cloth diapers? I bought 100 covers from china I think off of ebay when I was pregnant with Samuel and they worked great, but they are all blue, green, and yellow. Wouldn't mind some girly ones. As for the actual diapers, we just bought the gerber diapers from walmart $12 for a pack of 12. I just cut them the length of the covers and sewed them. This time around I had Dan's grandma knit a bunch of liners to slip in the cover pocket. We'll see how all of this goes.

Samuel had really bad GERD when he was little and when he had to sleep in his pack in play we would either put a pillow under the mat or a rolled up towel/blanket to create an incline. That might help, until you can actually purchase an incline for it.

Good to read your migraines are finally gone. Mine are still lingering. I'm not a big fan of this medication. Depakote kinda sucks. I wake up in the night so confused and unfocused. Then I feel like I'm under water for most of the day, along with a lingering headache that is ALWAYS there. It usually turns into a full blown migraine by the afternoon, but Dan is usually home by then, and I can lay down, if it gets really bad I take a norco, which sometimes works, but most of the time doesn't do squat.

Dan's grandma sent me a sling to use, but there are no instructions on how the hell to use it. I've looked on the internet, but I feel so awkward wearing it. It doesn't feel right. Maybe when Sara is a little bigger and can sit up on her own, it will feel more comfortable. Right now I just feel lopsided.

Krissy, AWESOME on the weight loss!!! I'm down 33 lbs. I have 7 more to go, but doctor wants me to lose 17. Lets do it together!!!! We'll be each others cheerleaders. I've been walking 2 miles a day. One for me, the other for Misty. ;) Your kids are adorable!! Where is this picture of the kids and Josh smiling?

Misty, Tyler is too damn cute!

Hi to all the other ladies!!! I wanna read some new updates!! Hope all is well with you all.

Janelle- i'm using the little green bear preemie diaper pattern- it's free on wazoodle. Have to put it in your cart and go through ckout process but it won't ask for pmt info. Just have to go to my downloads afterward. I'm going to try their newborn one too. Says equivelant to size 1-2 diapers. The preemie diaper is just so nice bc it isn't bulky. Hoping the other patterns are the same. Or i'll try one of the many others I downloaded! I'm doing covers with inserts so i'll only need a fewcoversto alternate through. I'll post pics when I get some more done. I'm using some fabric we already had so inserts won't match, but my covers are going to be cute. Joann fabric had PUL half off last wk. I'll end up with a couple dozen diaper covers for super cheap! We used bummis whisper covers and prefolds last time. Even at night we didn't have leaks. Loved them....they are just huge right now and were bulkier like normal cloth diaper. If I can keep these trim, i'll prob stick with these.

With our sling I put c in so it's the same position if I were holding her. Maybe just a little more elevated.

I hope your headaches/migraines get better soon. Sorry I know it is no fun.

Oh, towels rolled up are what i'm using now at end of pack n play. She just doesn't stay where she's suppose to. Even squirms out of sleep positioner when I triedto keep her there.
put her on the floor and 5 min later she's moved herself 5 ft away. Lol

Good day ladies,

Beautiful pictures ladies - thanks for sharing.

Amber and Janelle.. Really hope your heahaches leave you soon.

Angel.. How are you? Are you still living with your dh, if you do not mind me asking.

Krissy.. Hope you are feeling better. When do you go back to trying?

Nicole, Misty, and Loren.. Hope all is well with you and your babies

When is too early to have a baby shower? Db do not want to buy too much because of what we might get at our shower. Almost all major puchases are bought though.
We have more names on our list now. Yahoo lol

Aspe,i think I had my babyshowers with m at 28 and 32 wks. It is hard when you want to prepare but feel like you have to wait. How are you feeling?

Well......we have a roller!! Thought it was a fluke but she did it a 2nd time the other way......then.....rolled herself back ti her tummy, which made her angry. Even tho jim is home, he missed it. :/ and she was too angry by then to do it again.

So 5 wks old. We are in big trouble! Especially since she scoots herself on her tummy all over too. I want her to stay little a while longer.

quick pop in...I hope everyone had a good fathers day! got my hcg back from last Friday and is 13 already so that means after this Friday blood test all should be good.

ok got to feed kids and get the ready for my moms...

oh cant remember if I told yall but my parents are taking the kids on a two week vacation! they are leaving the 28th and I wont get them back till july 12th! they are for sure going to Arkansas to see my dad's family....stay at a cabin on a lake go fishing and swimming go to the caves and the hot springs and go to the Memphis Zoo...I am jealous I have to work lol.

WEll all you new mommies must be pretty busy! well today is day 4 so ready to be out of work and have not even left yet lol. any ways got to get and take a shower...wonder if I have enough time lol...okie dokie....bye bye!

Good day ladies,

I have a question. I recently heard of people buying bean bag chairs for newborns. Have any of you heard of this and the reviews?

Hi all, sorry I'm currently MIA. My broadband is broken at the moment and it will probably be another couple of weeks before it's sorted. My mobile data allowance is also poor. Things have also been a bit tough so it's been very difficult to get online. Home life is so so, dh is really trying but I'm so busy with my new job and baby worries I'm not really helping improve things. I think I'm justified in making him sweat but I know I need to help too if I want to save our marriage. Watch this space lol...

aspe, we are back living together, I'm not sûre if it's because of tiredness, the extra support or marriage I'm after though.

I had a small scare last week re baby but all is ok. I got an emergency scan as I hadn't felt anything for a week but as hoped it was just hiding behind the placenta which is still low and anterior. Docs seem to be concerned about my history, age blah blah, we're all in the same boat. I'm to get growth scans every 3wks plus midwife checks inbetween those from next wk, 20 weeks on Friday! Anomoly scan is next weds.

Krissy, hope your doing ok. Make sure they test for clotting issues too xo

I've been having bnb withdrawal symptoms, miss all the catch ups! Xo

Angel- sorry about your scare. Great that things are good tho. Half way there!! it's great things are getting a little better with your husband. I hope it continues!

Krissy- you make me tired!! how are things with your dad?

Aspe- you had a question, but I already forgot....:D have to go back to look! Now I know why- bc I don't have an answer for you. I've not heard of that. If it's a really soft and squishy one that forms around you, I would definitely steer clear. I think the recommendations are firmer surfaces. Softer things like swings and bouncers the covers are attached so wouldn't form around the baby. Would also want to watch that they would fall/roll out. Ok, my thoughts done....no I haven't seen reviews tho.

Aspe- just googled them. They look pretty interesting. Not what I was thinking. Looks like they have straps and look much more firm than a regular bean bag. I would think of it as a bouncer replacement. Downfall would be that it is bulky. Our bouncer can quickly be disassembled and taken with....also has vibration (neither of my kids have liked it), can be set up to rock, turns into a rocker for toddler use and has different recline positions. I think the baby beanbag looks neat and i'd probably like a grown up version (lol). Guess just your preference if you want other functions for it.

A review...they liked it

https://mommybunch.com/baby-beanbags-a-stylish-and-quality-alternative-to-the-baby-rocker/

Our cat is driving me crazy! She's the stray that showed up a few months ago. Well, with me being sick she hasn't gotten fixed yet. She's in heat and meowing and crying out like crazy and sooooo loud. Going to strangle her!

Amber.. Thanks for your input. We did order one. We still plan on buying a rocker/swing as well.

Angel- they are not going to test me on anything since they were all different types of mc. dr said I should not have a clotting issue bc I have already had 3 successful pregnancies and even asked about my RHfactor and nope that is ok to....should be I had all those damn shots and really all 3 my kids are 0- also.....just plain ol bad luck which my family is known for....

Amber-my dad does not see his cancer dr till this coming Tuesday. then we will know what they say and what testing to do. he actually is leaving for vacation with my kids 2 days later and he said he is going no matter what... I make my self tired lol

ok so what is on our agenda today? shopping lol. I think I am gonna get the kids a new sprinkler.....need groceries....got to go drop a butt load on brakes and what not for josh's truck and maybe front ones for my car....or maybe wait I don't know.

still waiting to hear anything from the job josh really wants I hate this.....something needs give damn it! I am trying to pick up all the over time I can!with the kids being gone I am gonna try to work like a fool!

ok see you ladies later!

Yahooo!! Got our bedding set come :)
One issue though, it has like two burn marks on it. I am not sure washing it will remove it. I am going to contact the company to see what they say.

I would so complain aspe! They should not send u messed up stuff!

Here is a pick of the kids in the new sprinkler we got shopping today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3
Aspe- hopefully they replace it.

Krissy- yea for the sprinkler....we need a new one too. Although, m will be thrilled tomorrow when daddy comes home with a deeper/ bigger pool.

So quiet. Miss everyone's updates. Hopefully everyone is just busy and expectantly tired and not struggling with life with 2......or 1 and being new moms.

We've gotten a pretty good routine down and for now (i'm sure something will cause chaos) I feel like I have it under control without rushing or struggling. Can get one on one time with m, play with c, get the essential cleaning done, make meals, have a bit of time to do whatever.....even a shower! Lol life is good. I guess the chaos comes when my husband is home!

Oh, I even got an extra hr of sleep lastnight- still only minimal- and m was up 2 hrs early. To think of the kind of sleep I could have gotten!

Would love to hear some updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->