A home for EVERYONE!

Nicole, I just texted you about this.
Misty - he is a cutie!

Hey guys sorry I have been missing in action. Some of you know that Colton was in the hospital. We are home now long story. And now I have family visiting. So a lot going on! All is well… Life goes on! I read all the personals but too hard to try to respond to everything right now. It was a feat just to read it all ha ha. Sounds like a lot has been going on!

Plans for the week… Going to lunch tomorrow… Appointments with doctors for Colton on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then, family leaves on the fourth... I imagine we will do something with DH's family for the holiday...

Why was he in the hospital? I read your journal but nothing about it in there. Have a good time with your family.

glad to see others on...I will do personals tomorrow I am just tired right now....life and work is stressful and I have a headache that wont leave me......sigh.....see you ladies tomorrow!

Good day ladies,

Libby.. Hope your little one is feeling better.

Nicole.. Have you heard of burned flour for baby bottom rash? Sounds weird but works. Lol

Krissy.. So sorry to hear your Dads c is back. :(
Good news about the job and bedding tho

Janelle.. Hope you are feeling better.

I am looking at baby bath tubs but unsure what best to get. Again, looking for opinions.

Colton was in the hospital for a staph infection. Since he's so young, he had to be on IV antibiotics and monitored closely. The worst part was all of the blood tests. It was so hard to watch them prick my baby and make him scream so much. He was a trooper. Didn't nurse as well while at the hospital. And DH and I slept awful there due to no bed. And was frustrating to have Colton attached to IV and monitors. I was so glad to get home to our bed and be able to snuggle with him! He's on oral antibiotics and an eye gel now. We go into the doctor tomorrow. He also has An appointment with a pediatric surgeon on Wednesday. He had an ultrasound done of his belly button last week and the surgeon is supposed to go over it with us. It may need surgery.

Oh aspe, blue whale tub is good... We also have something made by puj? It sits in a sink... But more annoying in my opinion. And can't be used past newborn age I don't think. Blue whale works for toddlers too.

Libby.. Sorry to hear your little boy went through this. I hope he feels better and do not need surgery.

Is this the tub you are referring to?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0018Z8CN8/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

If so, I was looking at this one and was wondering if it would be good for a newborn? Do I need to buy like a sponge or anything else or put the baby directly in that?

Oh my, I'm sorry to hear about all that Libby. Whats wrong with his belly button? Daniel is fine except for still struggling with gas and now he has a red ring around his pooper. Trying to figure out if it's an allergy or just acidic poop. Changing him more often and applying A&D ointment with every diaper change for the last 3 days but still isn't getting any better. I'll bring it up at his 1 month appointment in a week if its not gone by then.

Aspe, we had the whale tub with my son Joshua. We just put a hand towel under his back for a bit more cushion. It worked well for us. Unfortunately we left it in Ny so we bought a foldable bathtub that comes with a warming pad from Babies R Us. It's only meant to be until they can sit up on their own at like 5 or 6 months. It's made of mesh so you have to be quick so baby doesnt start shivering. Not the best purchase in my opinion but oh well, we'll deal with it.

Just dropping in to say Congrats to Janelleybean and her beautiful addition!! As well as to the other ladies and the expecting moms!

Not my fault everyone just didn't fit in, sometimes its best to find a new home where you feel comfortable with that being said I'm always am happy for everyone even if some feel a certain type of way. Be blessed

Nicole have you tried bag balm? That's what I use when desitin doesn't work. It's what I had to use with my daughter who had milk allergies and got diaper rash bad. It's the only thing that would help!!

Libby how is Colton? Hope he's getting better! Good luck at dr's. Hope he doesn't need surgery!

Grace where are you?! Hope Ethan is well.

Krissy are you working? How are the kids doing on their vacation? How are YOU doing on their vacation?

Janelle what's up you sexy beast?! How are the headaches? Tell Sara her man says hi ;)

It is at Walmart but I had to get Pet Balm in the pets section. I'll post a pic of the can. Somebody told me Walgreens has Bag Balm which is same stuff just different name in a green can.

Aspe when is your next appt? Are you feeling movement? Have a name picked out yet? Having a blast shopping for baby stuff? :)

Here it is Nicole. I found it in the pet section. Weird I know but it's good stuff!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
Nicole, Janelle has the bag balm... this is what it looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
Krissy, My MIL may sound like a drama queen, but she is the farthest thing from. I really don't know where I would be mentally if I had never met her and Dan. I couldn't ask for a better MIL. She does irk me at times, but in the long run she is an amazing woman and she always has my back. She is going to make an appearance at Samuel's party on Saturday, so that makes me feel a lot better. I think she might have changed her mind after she received an uncalled for email from my Mother. If you want to point the finger at anyone being a drama queen it's my mother. Well... You know how it is! Anyway, Congrats on DTD!! I bet you're enjoying your vacation from your kids. It must be sooooo quiet at your house. I want to see pictures of these kitties. I'm deathly allergic to cats, but I still like seeing them. Have you named them yet or are you keeping their original names? Love the pictures of all your kiddos! Where they all breastfed? Ava was a chu-hunk! What a cutie though! Joshua looks just like his daddy! How is Josh liking his new job anyway?

Misty, MY FAVORITE! I went and saw a gastro doctor with Samuel and he was cool at the beginning, but then he wasn't so cool. He made me feel like a terrible mother because I gave Samuel rice milk. He wanted to put samuel through an allergy test and all sort of tests that weren't necessary and would just cost me money and I wasn't guaranteed answers. Since giving Samuel rice milk, he hasn't thrown up since. He was packing on the lbs. That's all that mattered to me. I hope Tyler grows out of his spitting up sooner rather than later, but if I could do it all over, I would have never stopped breastfeeding Samuel. I would have just added cereal to his bottles and dealt with the spitting up. Love the bath shot!! Him and Sara look about the same size. He's so cute!!

"Maria, Maria she reminds me of a west side story" :) Every time I read your name, that song pops into my head. Hope things are going well for you. It's 104 here today, and I know it's like 110 in Auburn, is it super warm where you are? I MISS SEEING YOUR POSTS!

Amber, I wish we had a zoo here. Awesome news about C sleeping through the night. Sara has been sleeping through the night and I love it. We all got to sleep until 8:00 yesterday. It was Samuel who came in and woke us up to tell us he had a nose and wanted to make sure we had one too. He's a strange one sometimes.

Libby, happy to read that Colton is home and better. Does he have a hernia or whatever, going on with his belly button? I had a friend who's girl had this weird thing going on with her belly button, not sure if she ever had surgery though. Speaking of surgery, I want to hear about this extra toe that Colton is sporting. That's freakin' awesome!!! Hope you're relaxing though and you haven't pulled all your hair out.

Aspe, my partner in crime! How are you feeling?? I can't believe you're 24 weeks!!! Before you know it you'll be holding your little man in your arms. Any names yet? I agree with Krissy, Sweetpeace swing is the way to go! GET A SWING THAT YOU CAN PLUG IN!!! As for baby tub, I think we had some ocean wonders one with Samuel, but I didn't like it because it didn't fit in our sink and it was big.. So this time around we bought this one https://www.target.com/p/summer-inf...A-13933369#prodSlot=medium_2_9&term=baby+bath
from target, i like it because it's collapsible and I can stick it under the sink! It's the one that Sara is sitting in in the picture a few pages back.

Grace, where have you been? I'm sure you're just really busy with Ethan and enjoying being a new mom. I remember when I had Samuel I was sleeping every chance I got. I'm hoping all is well with you and your family! :friends:

Angel, Where you at?! How's the little man doing? How are things going with you and work? Pregnancy? Husband? I miss this threads irish beauty!

PDX, You've been quiet lately. Hope all is well.

Nicole, how has Daniel's gas been? Better I hope. Do you think maybe it's the formula that's making him gassy? Have you tried Fenugreek to increase your milk supply? Is it hot where you are? Sara had what looked like baby acne but I'm thinking it was more prickly heat, because it's gone now after I started dressing her lighter at night time. As for diaper rashes.. I think Sara was allergic to huggies, because when ever she wore huggies she always had a rash or was red somewhere. I bought Luvs. I like luvs, they smell nice too. CVS has bag balm. I LOVE THAT STUFF!! Used it with Samuel and Sara.

It's a shame that the group you were apart is going to be deleted. I really enjoy this thread and I'm grateful that it was created. I like that we can talk about anything and everything. Even more so it's nice to have the support of everyone and we don't have to fear that one day someone's just going to clean house and make us feel unwanted.

With that being said, I can't think of a better bunch of ladies to share my pregnancy and parenting journeys with. You're all amazing and I'm so happy that you're apart of my life, even if it's through a website or silly thread. I've gotten close with a lot of of you and you've all shown great support!!

LOOK!!! MY FIREPLACE IS DONE!!!! ...Well, primed.
0701093415.jpg

His gas is still pretty bad. I work on it a lot but it gets to the point where he does his no breathing screams where it sounds like someone is strangling him. He poops like 15 times a day but even that is sometimes a struggle. I wish babies understood that gas and poop comes out easier when they relax.

He is still so small. I seriously think he may have been weighed wrong.

You rock, Janelle! I'm so glad we all found a place where we all realize we're equals and nobody tries to act holier than thou or put themselves on a pedestal. Thanks for caring, girls and being there for each other :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->