A home for EVERYONE!

We don't even have 7-11s here. Crazy huh? Guess the free slurpee day is cuz the date is 7-11 today huh?

I could never live there. Yes, because it's 7/11. We have one right down the street from us.

Good day ladies,

I have some questions. As a new mom these things are unanswerable in my head.

How does breast pumping work? You pump and the milk goes into the attached bottles? Then what do you do with it?

What is the best electric pump?

What are things needed for baby? We have alot but I am doing a list of everything else we need.

Just realized we are down to double digits. Time flies. I am so anxious for him to be here.

Aspe Didn't you have an ultrasound yesterday? Where are pics?? How did it go?

Yeah, we had an ultrasound yesterday. I will upload a picture after I take a picture of it.
Everything is good. The right amount of amniotic fluid, almost 2 pounds, good heart beat, and in the 44% of weight.

Aspe- yes milk goes into bottles. Then I put it in the fridge and at the end of the day transfer to milk storage bags and freeze (unless you are going to use it right away)- also lay bags flat on something solid, they store easily that way. If youdon't put them on something solid they get stuck in the gaps of shelves. I love my medela advanced. Have the pump in style.

Aspe, I had a medela pump in style that I loved, but I broke it. :( My insurance sent me an Ameda purely yours, but I have yet to try it. I've been using a medela swing that a friend gave me while I was pregnant. I don't pump all that often, but when I try out the Ameda Purely Yours, I'll let you know which I like better. But for right now, I say go with the Meleda brand, you can't go wrong. As for how it works, it's like vacuum suction to mimic the way a baby sucks. With every suction it expresses milk and falls into the attached bottle. Then like Amber said, you can either put it in the fridge, feed it to your baby, or freeze it. I read something the other day about storage bags. It said NOT to use ziplock bags or any other bags except the ones made just for breast milk storage. I can't remember the reasoning though. So, put that on your list, storage bags! As for other things needed. A swing, swaddle blankets or the velcro swaddles (sara loves those, as did Samuel) We had a bottle warmer that we kept from when Samuel was born, that comes in handy. A BOPPY! That will help you out a lot, especially when you're breast feeding. You can wrap it around your waist and it will help you support the baby so your arms don't get tired. Other than that.. I can't think of anything else. I'll let you know, if I think of anything else.

I wanted to let you know I tried the white kitkat last night. I didn't like it. I saw the dark chocolate one though, so that's going to be my next adventure. My FIL came over last night and he maybe taking a trip up to Canada in the near future for work, so he's going to keep an eye out for fancy kitkats for me. :)

And of course, we all got our free slurpee yesterday! :)

Potty training was a success. Samuel is now going on his own, not telling us when he has to go.. Just going on the potty. He's gone 2 night with no bed accidents. What a breeze this all was. We're going to go get some more big boy undies (just like daddy's) tonight.

I would assume that if you use regular ziploc bags for milk storage in freezer that some of the chemicals probably leach in.

Yea, Samuel! Has to be a relief for you, Janelle!

Grace- how are things going?

Hello, to everyone else!

I'm sitting here at the dr's. Just got drugged up and am waiting for them to take effect. Today is no more baby day....well, really once they verify my tubes are blocked in 3 mos. *sniffle, sniffle* mixed feeling about it, but I also know that there is no way I could take the risk of another baby. My 2 need a mommy around.

Other than that, not much new. We went to my gma's last wkend and also the Shedd aquarium- it has it's good points but overall was disappointed in it.

Have a great wkend everyone!

Peek-a-boo!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
Well now we are having Bfing issues. Apparently he isnt nursing long enough to get the fattier milk since his poops are green, he is constantly hungry, and he is very gassy. So now I have to try and lower my supply by feeding him 2-3x off the same breast before feeding and then hand-express just enough from the other side so that I can be comfortable.

Nicole, you can pump a bit before feeding him and that will give him more of the hind milk when he eats. Just be careful, you don't want to dry up or get mastitis. Is it green all the time? Are you still supplementing with formula?

I'm at my moms so I dont have my pump with me. He had 4 green poops yesterday and 2 yellow ones. We gave him one ounce of formula last night because Sunday I'm going to a concert with my mom and will be away from him for 4-5 hours so he needs to be able to take a bottle.

Aspe - I have the Medela pump that's a backpack. It works fine for me. I store it in bottles in the fridge (if it will be used in a few days) and I freeze when the stuff in the fridge gets too full. I like the Medela well enough. I've managed to keep my supply up.

Misty - Tyler is such a cutie pie!

Janelle - Congrats on the potty training. I know that has to be a relief.

Amber - I know it must be bittersweet right now, but thank God you made it through this pregnancy.

AFM - It's been quite the ride, but we are hanging in there. Ethan hasn't had any episodes in seven weeks! He's 12lbs 5.5 oz and almost 23 inches now. We haven't been too successful with BF. He gets distracted very easily and the longest he'll stay latched is like 7 minutes unless he's really sleepy. He's super active and according to the neurologist he looks great. The blood clot in his liver is now gone and we'll have an MRI and EEG in a couple of weeks to see how his brain is doing. If all that turns out well then I won't have to give him all the shots. I used to complain about all the medicines he has to take but when I went to the children's hospital for his appointment, I saw kids on stretchers and breathing machines and I realized just how blessed we are. His clot was caught early and God had us in the right place at the right time. To think that he could have died if things turned out different scares the heck out of me, but God worked it out for us. So if I have to keep giving shots I'll gladly do it. He started smiling a couple of weeks ago and it just melts my heart. My pics are on my computer which just crashed but I have a few on my phone I can share.

Whew! That was long.

So does anyone know how to post pics from a phone? I can't figure it out.

Wow!! Definitely sounds like quite the ride! Glad he's doing well and growing. Everybody's babies are gonna be bigger than mine very soon and he's at least a month older! lol I have a little peanut I guess. I don't really understand Ethan's condition. You have to give him shots?? That must be so hard. Will he have to be on them forever? And what did you mean by "episodes"?

I couldn't post pics from my android phone but I can from my iPhone. Not sure what kind you have.

Darn it I have an Android phone. The shots are for a blood thinner to make sure he doesn't get anymore clots and to make sure the clots he does have stay put and don't go off to his heart, lungs, or brain. Hopefully he can get off of the blood thinners by next month.

Grace if u want to email or text them to me, I can post for u.

Gracie's Ethan :)

My phone only lets me upload one pic at a time so 2 more to come!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe