A home for EVERYONE!

Aspe, my swing one is a single pump. Meaning you can only pump one breast at a time. If you're going to be working full time I would get a double pump. Where you can pump both breasts at once.

Janelle - I'm glad they are both doing so well. And kudos on Samuel and his good manners. :) I'm wondering how Ethan will do with his immunizations. Seeing as though he gets two shots a day now and blood draws once a week, I'm thinking he'll be fine with the pain.

LMAO!!! This is where I'm from ....Sometimes you just gotta dance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2CNuPxoekQ

Ok, talked it over with DH and looks like we are going to stay here until October. I just have to go ex week and turn off water, trash, and cable. Got a list of things to bring back here with me. At the rate Daniel is eatng and growing he might skip the 3-6 month clothes and go straight to 6 month clothes which is good since I dont have any 3-6 month clothes.I feel bad for him though since he is having diarrhea about 2x a day the past 3 days.

Also, I've lost 26 lbs so far! My ticker needs to be updated. 27 lbs to go until my goal weight!

Misty.. I am debating if I should keep this pump, if not, I will look into the madela in style.

Janelle.. So the madela swing single electric pump is the one you use? I have read mixed reviews on it. I heard it is good, not good; loud, then no louder than any pump; not good for more than 2 uses a week, then good for even if your solely pumping; leaks and don't leaks. Arrgg.

Is this the one you have? https://m.toysrus.ca/skava/static/p...oductId=2690689&domain=https://www.toysrus.ca

Also, I will not be working full time. I am taking maternity and that last about a year.
I had initially thought I would get a double pump but now this single pump is looking at me lol
I thought before you said you used the style pump? I could be mistaken though.

Aspe what is your due date? And a year maternity leave?! That rocks! I'm jealous!

Misty.. Due date October 17. How long is maternity where you live? I am not going on maternity until I can not work no more or my water breaks at work lol

Aspe - I'm jealous, too. I only got 8 weeks paid because I had a c-section. It would have only been six if I had a vaginal delivery. The family medical leave act guarantees us at least 12 weeks but none of it has to be paid. I would love to get paid for a year or at least have my job secure for a year while I stay home.

sorry I have been mia lately lots goin on. my cousin was here from Kansas for a week, then I had work, my three, and josh finally started his new job. so busy busy like always lol. I will be on more once things settle down looks like after sept 1 I can drop down to pool.

I didnt even know yours turned into a C-section Grace. How has your recovery been? When do you find out if you are cleared for exercise? I've started doing lunges and squats but nothing really abdominal yet.

Yeah, I went from 1 cm to 10 cm in three hours but they only let me push for 15 minutes because his heart rate was slowing with each contraction. Recovery has been fine. I was off any pain medication by day three and my incision has healed just fine. I was cleared for exercise yesterday. I've got 8 more lbs til my pre-pregnancy weight but i want to lose more than that.

Aspe I was going to take 6 weeks maternity leave but since he was in the hospital for 2 1/2 of those weeks I signed up for FMLA (that's what gives us the right to take up to 12 weeks) and took 8 weeks off. My company doesn't pay for any of it tho. I used what vacation I had then signed up for disability which pays u 66% of your income for medical leave.

Glad your recovery went well grace. Whats your exercise routine looking like? I did some pushups, side lunges, and squats today.

Aspe, Yep! that's the one that I have! I did have a pump in style that I used with Samuel and right after I had Sara, but I broke it. Since it's an older model they no longer carry a replacement part for it. I do like the swing pump, but I preferred the pump in style only because I could pump twice as much in a shorter time because I was pumping both breasts at once rather than just one at a time, but if you're going to be a stay at home mom for a year, you should be okay with just the swing pump. As for the reviews you've read, I've heard the same but I haven't had any of those problems. My only guess if people are having problems, maybe they aren't using the pump right?

Grace, I didn't know you had a c-section. That's crazy! I must have missed that somewhere. Good to read all is well and you healed quickly. I'm stuck at a 33 lbs loss. I have 8 lbs more to go, but no matter how much I exercise those last 8 lbs laugh at me.

**Okay ladies!!! I'm requesting a baby picture update. That includes you Aspe! AND YOU KRISSY!!! I WANT TO SEE THOSE SWEET LITTLE FACES!! Round them up and get a picture! Here is one of Sara, I just took it, she just woke up from a nap.

0718120402_01.jpg

This was last night changing into jammies. The changing table is so fun for him. He just laughs and talks and carries on the whole time. Wish I could post a video on here from my phone...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
First is of me and my favorite cousin who is my best friend who was here visiting from Kansas.

Second is miss Ava at the beach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member