image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
Cheeeeeeese!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Misty!

We took family portraits today. Ethan's was fussy today, but we were able to get some nice pics.

No problem, Grace!! We need to get family pics done too! I wanted to at least get some 3 month old pics taken of Tyler but haven't gotten that accomplished yet.

I think we have decided to rehome our jack Russell Jimbo. I just dont have the energy to train him or give him the exercise the breed needs. He is sweet but he wants ALL the attention and with kids I just cant do that. He is only 19 months old and in perfect health. We just want him to have a home that can give him the best since we just end up getting annoyed with him because he chews through everything.

Very cute Grace! Ethan is so cute! As far as BF, Daniel only nurses for 5-7 minutes at a time too but he will nurse 3x before getting sleepy. He loves talking to my mom so cute! Pictures will come sometime in the next 2 days. Right now its bedtime. G'night ladies!

Nicole, i totally understand! After Samuel, we had to rehome Dan's dog, Penny. She was a pug. She was super jealous of Samuel and chewed up everything that was his. I could keep her outside all day and the minute I let her in, she would go straight to Samuel's room and poop. We gave her to Dan's grandma, so we still see her though.

Hi Maria, what's up with u?

Monday... bleh!!!

Hi Maria.

Yeah, we do have a backup plan if we cant rehome him by October which is take him to the jack russell rescue center that is here by my mom.

Whats the longest any of you who dont work have been away (out of the house) from your new LOs? I went to a concert with my mom last night. We were away from the kids for 4 hours. Luckily Daniel took a bottle easily and had a total of 8 ounces between 2 feedings. We are thinking of scheduling another concert for early September.

Daniel started cooing at 5 weeks! It's too freakin' cute!

Nicole.. Hope you find a good home for your dog. I know it must be hard emotionally thinking about giving him away.

I was thinking between the Ameda or Madela pump. Are they normally expensive? All the ones I seen are well over $200.00.

Aspe yep they are expensive!! Mine was $300 but health insurance covered it so it was free! I have Medela and it works great.

We're dealing with dog issues too now. I had a dog, Lady, but she hates kids for some reason. Happened all of a sudden. We got her from the SPCA as a puppy and she was fine with kids and other dogs. Then all of a sudden one year she started attacking other dogs and would growl and snap at kids. When I got pregnant I knew I couldn't keep her cuz Id never trust her around the baby so my daughter took her. Well she's had issues with her pooping on the floor and I guess yesterday when she was tied up outside she went after a 2 year old. Knocked the baby down even. So Ashlie says she can't keep her. I totally understand but we don't know any other options than to take her to the humane society. They are gonna have to know she can't be around kids and other animals so who is gonna want to adopt her? It breaks out hearts because we've had her for 10 years. I feel like when u take on a pet they are your responsibility. You put their lives in your hands and I feel SO guilty to just say you're too difficult, we're giving up on you. I just had to put my other dog down in April which absolutely BROKE my heart and made me feel like a horrible person to say your life ends today. Ugh...

Hi ladies!!

Aspe, they are pretty expensive, but its worth it in my opinion. See if you can maybe find one on craigslist. We have a couple shops here that rent them out as well. Maybe you could look into that, until you can afford one or find one within your budget.

Misty, I totally know where you're coming from. Dan's parents just had to put Dan's dog to sleep and he use to be great with kids, but since he got older he turned into a old crab ass and hated kids. Although, he was nice to Samuel. Probably knew I would kick his ass if he hurt Samuel!!! Just kidding. I remember a time he was at our house and a friend of mine had her kid over who was a real bitch to animals! Anyway, she was bugging Paddington, the dog, and he snapped at her. It scared the crap out of me! I literally though, we were going to turn her over and she wasn't going to have a face! He really just pinned her down and barked at her, but ever since then I was really cautious with him around kids. With Penny, Dan's other dog, that dog was just straight up annoying! Between you ladies and I, I HATED that dog! I bought her for Dan for his 22nd birthday and she was an awesome dog, until we had Samuel, then she turned into a brat. Dan's Grandpa passed away and his Grandma was lonely.. so I made my move and swooped in and pawned Penny off on her. They are literally best friends and I couldn't feel better giving her to his Grandma. So, with Lady, maybe you can find an elderly person to take her. They can be crab asses in crime!

Nicole, I haven't left Sara alone for a long period of time. Just when I have to go to the doctor.

AFM, I feel like I should write AFU, because I rarely write about just me anymore. So, AFU, I'm taking the kids to their well check appointments today. I'm dreading tonight. Sara has been battling prickly heat and just when it clears up and I think it's gone, BAM! It's back. Anyway, she's going to get a shot and with the shot will come a fever and with the fever will come a pissed off baby because of this prickly heat. I don't think Samuel is getting a shot today, but I'm excited to be able to take him and he be potty trained. Everyone keeps giving me flack for waiting so long to potty train him. Each person that says something I secretly punch them in the face in my mind. I think if did this at 2 it would have taken a hell of a lot longer to get where we are today. I know there would have been a lot more accidents. I would rather Samuel be able to poop and pee on his own and be able to hold it with no accidents in a week than have to deal with the frustration of bed wetting, peeing his pants at the grocery store or while out in about, or having to scrape poo out of undies. TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!!

In need of opinions: I am currently at my moms and planned on going home on Sunday. Now I'm not so sure how I feel about going home. Here is the reason: The day we left (9 days ago) there was a drive-by gang-related shooting at 6 p.m. (we left at 3 p.m.). The shooting was on my street just 3 houses down and 2 men were left dead. My mom has offered to let me stay here as long as we want. We'd just have to go get my cat, hide any electronics in the house, shut off some of the bills, and forward the mail. Do you think I should stay with my mom for another month or two?

Nicole - Yes! You'll be safer and you'll save money. And you'll have some help. It sounds like a win-win-win situation.

Janelle - How did your dr appointment go?

AFM - Hope to be cleared to exercise today. My scar looks fine so I'm sure the dr will give me the okay.

Nicole, I would. Why not? You'll get lots a of help too.

Grace, appointment went really well. Sara gained 3 lbs and grew 1/2" in height 1 1/2cm in her head. She likes to grown with rather than height I guess. She got 4 shots, didn't like any of them, but did really well. No fussy or crying baby yesterday evening or night. And no fever. Samuel did really well too. He's 36 1/2" tall I think. I can't remember if she said 36 or 39. And he weights 31 lbs. She said he's right where he needs to be. She also said he was really advanced for his age. Told me I was doing an awesome job. I liked hearing that. He even gave them a urine sample. Was super excited that he got to pee in a cup. He talked the doctors ear off too. She was really impressed how advanced and polite he is.

Is the pump a madela swing pump? Is it a single pump? There is one at Walmart for 208.

Mine says Medela pump in style advanced? It's a double pump. Get a bra thing for pumping too!! That way you can go hands free! It's a must have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->