A home for EVERYONE!

Nicole, that sounds terrible! I could not imagine. Are you restricting your dairy intake? Has it helped any? Are you giving him soy formula when you supplement? Poor little guy. Has his pediatrician given you any advice as to what to do concerning his diarrhea?

I wish I had some sort of advice to help you, but I've never dealt with baby diarrhea at such a young age. I use to massage Samuel's belly with baby oil though. I'd lay him on his back and go in a clockwise motion if I remember correctly. Like drawing a rainbow. It seemed to really help move things along and relax him a bit. He would fart up a storm. I would massage a little, then bicycle, then massage a little more. This was a nightly routine. I hope it gets better for you. I couldn't imagine having a fussy baby with an older child to look after. Good thing you have your Mom's help!

When I'm around Sara, I let her sleep on her tummy. It really helps with her gas. I tuck her knees under her belly so that her butt sits up in the air. Maybe when you're around Daniel you could try that since he likes to sleep with his knees to his tummy??

He has only pooped 3x today which is unusual because he usually poops 6-8 times a day. The gripe water did help him get 2 big burps out but he is still somewhat fussy. As far as my diet, I haven't had milk (even Lactaid) in a week. I only have maybe 1/2 cup of yogurt or cottage cheese every other day and one slice of cheese on my sandwich 2x a week. I haven't told his dr about his diarrhea but we see her next Tuesday for his 2 month check-up. He usually loves sleeping on his belly and I let him as long as I'm in the room. He screamed when we tried putting him on his belly today.

AFM, disappointed that my after pregnancy weight loss has hit a plateau.

Nicole - I agree with Misty. It sounds like it could be silent reflux.

Grace didn't you tell me once that you live in Tyler, TX? I just watched that show Catfish and that's where they were at!!

Misty - Yes, that's where I grew up. Are they embarassing Tyler? I can't imagine how they couldn't be embarassibg on a show like catfish. I need to see if I can see that episode online.

No Grace, she actually was a good representative for your town! It was a good episode.

Good day ladies,

Pretty quiet on here today.

We are going to buy our little man a Halloween costume. Ever though he will not actually be trick or treating, it is still his first Halloween. So we will dress him up and get a few pictures :) Maybe take him to his nan's house and godparents (whom yet we do not have chose).

Misty, I saw that episode! I was so shocked to see it wasn't some creepy old guy that she had been talking to for 8 years. I remember meeting all sorts of people on myspace. I was laughing though, because wouldn't it be funny to be "inlove" with someone for 8 years only to meet them and they be a terrible kisser? Or worse... bad in bed? They are cute though, I hope it works out for them. :)

Aspe, do it! Dress that little man up! We had Samuel in a onesie with monster feet. I still have it somewhere. I'm going to have to wait until the last minute to buy Sara a costume at the rate she's growing.

Nicole, how is Daniel?

AFU, Things are going well. The lasagna was a hit. I have a question for you ladies. Now, this has NEVER happened to me, but how do you feel about people coming to your house and just looking in all your closets and behind closed doors? I only ask because Dan's aunt (WHO IS CRAZY MESSY) came to visit our house a few days ago and she went nuts. Looked in every closet, our pantry, our laundry room. I find that odd. Is it odd? I mean, I don't care. I'm not hiding anything, but still.

Other than that. I think that it's safe to say that Samuel is officially potty trained with no accidents. End of the week and he's been poopin' in the potty with no fairy dancing and no delay. Just goes straight to the potty, does his business then requests that I wipe his butt. I've got two pairs of sesame street undies left, then I think the diaper fairy is going to leave Samuel a card which will say she's very proud of him, but she's moved on to help the other little boys and girls that are learning to use the potty, but she's going to stop in once a month and check up on him and leave him a present if he's had no accidents!

Janelle - Yes, that is weird. My mom did that and I ended up having to lock the doors upstairs because she was just being too nosey. I don't go through her stuff so she shouldn't be snooping through mine. Not to mention the fact that my husband lives here too so she's going through his stuff when she's snooping in closets and behind closed doors. I personally think that's so rude. I love how you're handling Samuel's potty training. It's all so adorable.

Nooooobody posted this weekend! I'm ready for it to be the weekend again. It goes by too fast! The week hasn't started so well already. Tyler wouldn't sleep worth a crap last night. Woke up at 1:30am and wouldn't be calmed in bed so I held him for a little while and he fell back to sleep. As soon as I laid him back in the bassinet, though, he woke up and started crying again. Tried to get him to go to sleep again in the bassinet but no luck so into bed with me he went. Took him a little bit to get settled there too but finally did. I couldn't get moving this morning so was running behind then on the way to the babysitter's he spit up allllll over himself and the car seat so he had to have his clothes changed as soon as we got there. She was nice enough to clean up the car seat for me too. To top it off I was 10 seconds late clocking in at work. Sigh... I'm so tired!! Hopefully my tootsie isn't getting sick... he was pretty needy yesterday. Was only happy if I was holding him. Makes it pretty difficult to get laundry, dishes, his supplies for week packed, etc done. Regardless I'm pretty jealous everyday that Melissa, my babysitter (or daycare provider if that's the politically correct term), gets to spend all day with my baby boy. I miss him everyday. He has found he can make this ear splitting, high pitched, screaming noise. He thinks it's hilarious!!

Hope everybody had a good weekend. I envy you SAHMs!! Not that you don't work your butts off... just that you get to take care of your babies and don't miss a smile or a laugh or an achievement and get to be there for them to take care of their needs and know they are safe.

Oh!! Guess who came to visit me this past Thursday... freakin AF!! Really?? I go months without having a period when I'm supposed to due to PCOS but when I'm breastfeeding and most women don't have one, I do!! It's just not right.. lol

Is he possibly teething? my kids started teething at 3 months. Daniel has been fussy lately too. He is just so gassy that it is hard to get him comfy. I have cut out dairy, garlic, onion, and soda in order to reduce his gas but wont see effects for another week.

Haven't checked but haven't seen anything. Though he is very drooly. My daughters didn't get their first tooth til 9 months!

Have you talked to dr about possible reflux? Does he spit up? Even if he doesn't could be silent reflux but I know how uncomfortable Tyler was without reflux meds.

Misty - :hugs: I know it must be hard working. Tyler is probably so happy to see you when you get him though. That sucks with AF.

AFM - My friend from Cali is in town so she came to see us with her son and daughter. Her son is just four days older than Ethan and seems like such an easy going baby. He slept or just watched his mom or nursed. I know I shouldnt compare him to Ethan but Ethan is practically bouncing off the walls (as much as a baby can). Trying to stand, looking all around, kicking, "talking", and he only nurses for a few minites before he looses.interest and starts looking all over the place (sometimes forgetting to unlatch while looking). So to see her baby just as calm and content makes me wonder if yhere's something else wrong with Ethan. And how do y'all do tummy time once they've figured out how to roll over? Ethan won't stay on his tummy anymore now that he has figured out how to roll to his back.

Grace I'm in the same boat!! I don't know how Tyler will ever learn to crawl cuz he won't stay on his stomach for a second! Also Ethan sounds just as crazy active as Tyler. He's constantly kicking and jumping and basically all over the place. I tell anybody who holds him that you have to be careful, he will fling himself all of a sudden. I swear Jake is going to break Tyler's back cuz he doesn't hold his upper back and Tyler throws himself backwards.

Yes! He will hop right out of your arms if he can get enough leverage.

ETA - I guess they are making up for that time they spent in the NICU.

Weren't you and I both always concerned during the pregnancy cuz we didn't feel them move much? Making up for that too!! lol

He spits up about 2x a day. I will ask about reflux at his next appointment.

Drooling is a major sign of teething. They might be breaking through yet but still hurt. Does he like it if you rub his gums?

Daniel is active too. He will kick his legs the entire time he is happy. If he is hungry then his arms wont stop moving til he gets food. He also likes to suddenly throw his head forward which has led him to hitting his forehead on my mom's collarbone several times.

AFM: Vent: My DH strongly dislikes my parents and they dont like him either. i'm in constant tug of war mode. I hate it! I want everyone to be happy but that wont happen

i know still mia for but too much going on.....

first josh got in an accident yesterday he is fine but the truck is not. I was too pissed to deal with the insurance company today so I will call tomorrow. not mad at him but at the situation. we have put about 20,000 into this truck and it will be paid off in October. it is still worth between 12-15,000 depending on what you look at so they should not total it out but it has a lot of damage to it. so now I have to schedule driving him to his brothers an hour away around everything else just so that to make sure he gets to work.

then to top it off majorly depressed today.....it is josh's birthday which should be a good thing but it should have also been the day we found out what the baby was I would have been just over 20 weeks now....it sucks.....

oh and my dad finds out Thursday how bad the cancer is....

ok off to bed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->