A home for EVERYONE!

LOL I havent taken pictures in a week. I'll take some tomorrow and have them up before Monday. Daniel had now rolled 3 times. He can now do 4 minutes straight on his belly.

I'm a bit sad. A bird flew into her door really hard. I held the bird (dont know the gender) for the last 15 minutes of its life. It was breathing really hard. It tried to lift its wings during its last breath and then laid its head on my thumb and was gone. We told Jerusha he went to be with her brother in Heaven. She was okay but kept asking about the bird. I'm not quite as well.

Misty - Ha yeah this morning in the shower I was thinking about how strange it was that I wasn't a zombie, considering I was up twice during the night between 930pm and 530 am. Had been trying to go to bed at 8 to make up for the nursing and such. But yea I'm fine! And yeah Colton does seem to cry less now that he's better with rolling over. At first, he'd roll and get all mad that he was stuck and now he seems to want to be on his stomach so not getting upset as fast. And I could have probably only fed him once last night since he didn't cry the second time he woke up... but then when I decide not to feed him, he ends up taking FOREVER to go back to sleep.

Yeah the leaps! I didn't know about the leaps with Siena and worked hard to get her to sleep all night by 6 months. SO I'm guessing she put me through the wringer with her 4 month growth spurt which motivated me to sleep train! Ok I'm hoping Colton follows in Tyler's footsteps... maybe he'll be a good sleeper too, soon! Although Colton is a snacker.. he has always liked to eat often! I got used to him eating every 2 hours on the dot, all day and all night because he did that for like the first 2-3 months at least... only recently started going a bit longer!

Nicole - Colton is in 3-6 month clothes... but then I do notice some stuff looks smaller, so he is in some 6 month clothes... we buy used clothes and friend gave us some too... easy way to know if they ran small was if there's still tags or looks like it was never worn! :)

But yeah, sounds like they are about the same size! The 3-6 month isn't super tight on him... but yeah he'll ourgrow length on things before other babies for sure!

Aww poor bird!! That would make me sad too!! :(

Janelle - Yea I do think being a first time parent made it harder with Siena! But he sounds like he is also eaier for daycare workers, so who knows! Makes me want another, him being so easy... so I am sad because likely we won't have more! :(

Oh I take pictures all the time... but I barely ever 'plan' a picture. So I like getting a pro to take our pics sometimes so we have at least SOME nice photos to look back on... next photo session is in November I think.

I swaddled Siena way longer than Colton... but she used a pacifier. Since he refuses to quit his thumb, I have found it better to leave his hands free so he can self soothe.

HEy what's everyone's opinion on when/how/what for starting solids etc?? I did 'practice' cereal with Siena 4-6 months per her dr... and had him ok us to add some fruit puree because she hated the taste... but even then it mostly ended up ON her, not in her and it was quite stressful to try and feed her until after 6 months when she seemed more ready. Dr saying same thing this time... but thinking about waiting anyway!!

I'm waiting til 5 months to start anything. A friend on FB posted an article that says baby cereals arent that good for them. I'll probably start veggies in November and then start fruits in January.

Daniel is completely out of 3-6 month clothes. He is entirely in 6 month clothes now.

Yeah I've been reading on cereals and seems like I've gathered they aren't helpful... sure they have iron... but so does formula... maybe I'd need to check on the iron aspect if still not doing cereal at 6 months maybe if I'm still managing to breastfeed.

I'd like to focus more on things that will benefit and not waste my time and his calories on stuff that isn't really needed. Fruits, veggies, etc sure! I'm planning to make my own baby food this time!

Libby, you can go an entire year strictly breastfeeding if you want. As long as colton is gaining weight, that's all that matters. We started Samuel on solids early because it helped with his GERD. We had to mix rice cereal with everything! But with Sara we're going to wait. Her doctor told me the other day there is no hurry. She said rice cereal does tend to constipate them, but if you mix it with your breastmilk that will help and once they have mastered that then they move on to oatmeals and veggies with fiber. I really wouldn't mind breastfeeding Sara for a straight year, but I want her to get all messed up on Thanksgiving with us. I have a picture of Samuel on Thanksgiving when he was 1. We were all smiling for the picture and Samuel just has this, GIMME THOSE SWEET POTATOES look in his eyes. We made our own baby food as well. I highly recommend it. Not only does it save you money in the long run, it's super easy and you know exactly what your baby is eating.

Thanks Janelle!! Yeah I did the organic baby food at first with Siena and then switched to regular. So making the food myself will be better as far as cost and also nutrition/health.

Ok gotta crack down on potty training. Siena does better at daycare than at home... I'm lazy... and usually dealing with Colton. I'm really bad about it when we're out... we'll be in the car and I'll tell her to just go in her pull up. I get annoyed because she's used needing to potty as an excuse to get out of her carseat and then wouldn't go. And at home she rarely says she needs to go and I forget to make her...

So I bought a folding potty for the car and a cover for her carseat, along with padded undies and vinyl covers. So now that helps with being out and about... because I was scared to have her wear undies out in public! At home, she doesnt usually want to wear regular undies... so padded may work better, we'll see... oh and I set a timer to go off every hour tonight. If it works, I'll see it for every hour tomorrow too! I WAS going to buy a toddler watch and set it for each hour... but couldn't find one that was waterproof.

I tried steaming and blending veggies for Joshua but green beans and peas are just too difficult and time-consuming with having to remove shells. Plus he didnt like the freezing them in ice cube trays and thawing them. Target has a baby food system I might try though. I guess it's something I'll have to discuss with DH further.

Next time try buying frozen organic veggies. Steam them and throw them in the blender with some water. Takes 5 minutes. Frozen organic is just as good as fresh.

Still waiting for a full birth story with pictures from Aspe.

I have a few pictures from yesterday but my mom's computer is being slow and wont let me post them. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hey ladies,

I got a few minutes to post. We are still in the hospital. Baby has jaundice and is in an incubator. He goes in for a day and out for a day, then rebounds, so keeps repeating. We are anxious to get home but his health is more important. He is healthy otherwise though.

He was early, like I said before, by 24 days. Labour lasted, from time of water breaking, a total of about 6 hours.

He already has gained weight and you can clearly see it, especially his cheeks.

I am breastfeeding. My nipples are a little sore and have some red scabs on them. Is that normal?

Aspe did your water break at home?? How big was he when he was born? Why does he have to be in an incubator? Just to be under the bilirubin lights? They just had a lamp they rolled over Tyler's bed when he was in the NICU. Are you still admitted as a patient? Hope all goes well and you're able to take him home soon! Do you not have a name for him yet??

Yeah, my water broke at home. He was exactly 6 pounds when born. He has to be in the incubator under the lights. The lights help but no longer he is out, he is yellow again. I wish they did something like that, what they did for your son. It sucks he spent his first week of birth in the hospital :cry: Yeah, I am still admitted as a patient. I am discharged but he isn't due to jaundice, so we are still admitted.

Tyler was in the hospital for 18 days. He was in intensive care and that's where they would put the lamps over his crib. I was only a patient for 2 days. Once we're discharged that's it. No matter if your baby is still there or not. I didn't need more care, only he did.

Aspe, hang in there. All babies have a little jaundice. You'll be home in no time and your little guy will be enjoying his nemo nursery. :friends:

Hmmm...must have been pretty bad. My daughter just had to have a bili blanket for 2 weeks. Daniel pooped all his extra bilirubin out within 3 days.

Aspe-congrat again! with the nipples yeah that is normal. I remember with Jamie that he sucked so hard he cracked them so bad they were bleeding and I felt weird breast feeding him but then nurse goes oh its find and don't be worried if he spits up and its pink bc that is just my blood...I was like really? gross lol. as far as the jaundice I was lucky enough none of my babies had that problem. they did great I remember my dr saying with avarie he had never seen a whiter baby a week after birth bc all have some type of jaundice going on but not her lol.

afm-i know I always say I am busy lol. Friday I worked till about 3:30am and didn't get till bed about 5. josh said he would get up with the kids so I could stil sleep. Jamie was up by 8:30 and sure enough josh got up with them and made the breakfast I was actually shocked lol. I was just about back to sleep at 9:30 when my mom called and needed me to go get money out of one back and put it in another bc they are still on vacation...I was like but my husband was gonna let me sleep lol....oh well I needed to do it for her so I did. I did get another nap in later on.....as far as trying goes still taking the not stressing approach. I am on cd 16 and we were able to bd on cd 13 so maybe a slight possibility this month. avarie told me she had a dream the other night that I had two baby girls lol....um one would be just fine!

I also officaly put in to work midnights. I just hope I get all the hours I need bc it is technically a part time one.

ok as usual lots to do before we have to leave so off I go...oh yeah I have lost 50# now since last November! go me lol....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->