A home for EVERYONE!

Do you guys use bumper pads in your cribs?

booking appointment went ok, she took a few goes to get my vein i felt sorry for her :haha:

she is sending me to a consultant about my epilepsy, she thinks i will be classed as high risk but i hope not :/ as she put it it depends if i convince the consultant that :dohh:

i doubt i would get my natural birth though but could be a lot worse >.<

i apparently get my scan date i the next couple of weeks, wont be until i am 24 weeks though, tempted to get a private scan done

Zoey, get a private scan!

Misty-We have light blue ones but never used them.

Going to import pictures to my computer now so i can upload to here tonight.

Colton seems to be establishing his own bedtime... with Siena, I had it already set up and such... with him, I was just keeping him in the living room until I went to bed at 8 and nursed him then. Well, lately, he's been passing out HARD before it was time to nurse. So realized I either need to try and keep him up or know that it'll be a dream feed. He wakes up around midnight or so and then every 2 hours after that. Argh. If he falls asleep at 7... there's no way I'm going to bed that early! But then that means I get less sleep for the long block of sleep sigh. I had him sleep in the bed with me last night. I don't get great sleep that way, but I woke up much more refreshed so must be better sleep than getting him every time he wakes after waiting first to see if he's really going to stay awake or not then nursing then putting him back and waiting for him to fall asleep again. In bed, he wakes, I switch him to the other boob, I pass back out! Wake, repeat! Hard to beat that... I do want him to get better at being able to sleep alone... but it was getting hard to function at work, so I gave in!

Ha, Misty ok I will try to post a 4 month pic! So I guess that's tomorrow then since he was born on June 3. And yep I use bumper pads. I know they say unsafe yada yada yada. But whatever. I did it the first time too. But the baby sleeps in my room for the first 6 months... and then I'll do what I did with Siena... I took them off when she was mobile but not yet great at mobility. And then back on once she was really mobile (helps prevent injury imo!). Then back off when she was bigger and standing and wanted to use them to help her climb over. Then back on once I turned her crib into a toddler bed.

Here are some updated pictures. The color isnt the greatest but oh well. We were outside so you cant fix everything.

Attachments

• IMG_8336.jpg
    IMG_8336.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8358.jpg
    IMG_8358.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8372.jpg
    IMG_8372.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8396.jpg
    IMG_8396.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
awwww! Thank you for posting pics!

Ok now Colton needs to catch up and grow some HAIR! :p

Thanks, Nicole.

Libby, Sara can give him some of hers!! Shes got enough for a pony tail now!!

LOL Libby, Daniel has a bald spot right above his rat tail in the back. The hair on top is starting to grow out. I'm sure Colton will have plenty of hair in the next few months. I know Daniel will have plenty of hair by the time he is 10 months and DH is home for good.

Nicole - Daniel is a handsome little fellow. So cute!!!

Question: baby barley ate all night. Usually he would have a couple of feedings a night. Last night he would not eat. Latch for a minute but thats it. This morning I gave him express breast milk. Any advice?

We gave him a soother the last two nights. Yesterday he still took to the boob but not last night. Do you think this done it?

Also, do breastfed babies have to burp?

Im stressing out.

Aspe, for that minute he was on was he gulping a lot? Daniel used to unlatch if the flow was too fast for him.

They say breastfed babies don't have to burp but I burp Daniel anyways because otherwise he spits up a lot. I usually sit him on me knee and lean him forward against my left hand and pat his back with my right. It takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes to get a burp out.

Daniel is 16 weeks old! I am 19 lbs from my goal weight.

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/libbyam2003/kids/9BB57DD5-C6BE-4257-BBBA-7292D5FCFFD3-23394-00001AAEBC71E7AE_zpsf0380cff.jpghttps://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/libbyam2003/kids/01B13106-0533-44DC-8D73-6AF57DE8D0B6-23394-00001AAEC78F1A93_zps73b68c3d.jpg[IMG][IMG]https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/libbyam2003/kids/C8307A00-EF74-412A-9ECB-73BA0DFE8218-23394-00001AAEDF129A9F_zpsea9bb86a.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

Good job, Libby!! You're not fired! Hee hee. He looks like mama I think. Do you think he'll have the crazy curly hair like big sis? Tyler has about the same amount as Colton... not much!! lol

Aspe - I'll give my two cents... my babies didn't sleep long at a time until 6 months old for Siena and still waiting on Colton! They ate few times a night at first and then backed down to once a night sometime before 6 months. Right now, Colton is still eating 2-3 times a night and I feel like that's more than normal for 4 months, but oh well... every baby is different. I know I asked the pediatrician early on as to when he could go 4 hours without eating, 6 hours, etc... so I would check on that if I were you. Because maybe your baby is okay with going longer without eating, which would be great because then you might get to sleep longer!

I'd stop the soother if you are having any trouble with nursing. They say it can confuse the baby. Although, I haven't had that problem. Siena loved her pacifier, Colton isn't that fond of his, but neither had issues with nursing. But it does take some time for them to get 'good' at latching and to perfect a 'good latch'. Lactation consultant helped me BOTH times because its very important to make sure you're doing it right because yeah they gotta eat.

Burping while nursing, not as much as with bottles is what I've noticed. Sometimes he'll burp. Usually at first, but now not all the time. If he was struggling while eating, I'd stop and burp. And if hadn't stopped to burp, I'd burp him before trying to offer the other side. If STILL hadn't burped after he was done, I'd try one more time. And sometimes still didn't! I noticed he didn't need to be burped while nursing during the night... I think they burp less when they are relaxed and eating slower (like they do while half asleep).

And it is perfectly normal to think this hard! It IS!

Agree with Nicole, flow might be too fast. Lie back with him on your chest or lie on your side... anything to

Ok so yeah posted pics ha. Didn't want to get in trouble! ;D

Colton has a huge bald spot on the back of his head. But I suspect it will start growing back in since he's started rolling over and sleeping on his stomach these past couple weeks. Although he does spend time in a bouncer seat still. Hair... hard to tell. He looks similar to how Siena looked, but has more hair actually lol if you can believe it. And took awhile before we could tell Siena had curly hair. So we shall see! Same color as her hair...

Oh and he lost a ton of hair on top grr... around the time he had some cradle cap. Drat.

Aspe, Sara wanted to sleep through the night since day one. I would wake her up in the night to feed her, but once she was consistently gaining weight, I let her sleep. She ate enough during the day. But if she wakes up in the night now, I let her eat only because she REALLY eats, like she's starving or something. As for burping, I would burp your little guy because if not it can cause more gas for them to have to work out and it could be uncomfortable for them. Now that Sara is older I burp her hardly ever because she doesn't suck as much air. Rarely burps. But if your little one spits up a lot I suggest it. I wouldn't feed him with a bottle if you can help it. Only because he might catch on that he doesn't have to put as much work into drinking out of a bottle and prefer that over your breast. Babies can nurse for anywhere for a couple of mins to 30 mins to an hour! As long as you're nursing him every 2-3 hours you should be okay. :) Hope that helps.

Libby, CUTE! Totally jealous of your bed set as well. Was that a TJ Maxx find?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->