A home for EVERYONE!

Nicole, they make soy ice cream. I think they taste better than the dairy kind. They have all fruit sorbet too...

Krissy.. Smoking during pregnancy is a huge NO NO! My db always talks about people he sees smoking while pregnant.

Janelle.. I think it looks good. It has the same, or what looks to be from the picture, amount of space between the bottom of the top cupboard to the oven, as does from bottom of oven to top of the cupboard. Would have to best make a decision once the trim is on.

LOL Janelle, I cant buy soy ice cream because my 18 year old SIL is living with us now and she is allergic to soy. Dont want her accidentally grabbing that ice cream and throwing up for days. I might be able to do fruit sorbet though.

cant you just say "dont touch this it is soy" at the age of 18 if she decideds not to listen its her own fault though lol

LOL Anyways my husband is kinda weird about soy. Unless its soy sauce(which he loves) he really doesnt think soy is good for you so I think he'd be against soy ice cream.

LMAO, WOW. Really?! Since when is ice cream in general healthy for you? Soy, is a lot healthier for you, than dairy ice cream. Next time you're craving ice cream just chomp on an ice cube. Be sure to check with your husband and get his permission first though. LOL

Nicole does your hubby realize there is NOTHING healthy about soy sauce?! lol

Nicole, is it the phytoestrogen that he's worried about?

I just went in my pantry and pulled out random things. Bisquick, nature valley granola bars, Nutrigrain fruit bar, a box of rice a roni, Safeway brand caesar salad croutons, cheez its..

Went to my fridge and pulled out, Oroweat 12 grain bread, Thomas cinnamon raisin bagels, Kraft Mayo, Sabra garden humus...

All contain soy.

Dreyers, ben and jerrys, umpqua, tillamook, DAIRY ice creams contain soy.

That's a lot of healthy crap for one pantry, Janelle. I hope you have some chips and cookies and other fun things in there too! Heck I didn't even know some of the words that you listed! LOL

Nicole if Daniel is lactose intolerant wont he have to eat soy-based foods then??

That's a lot of healthy crap for one pantry, Janelle. I hope you have some chips and cookies and other fun things in there too! Heck I didn't even know some of the words that you listed! LOL

Misty, you are hilarious.

ETA - I had to google the umpqua.

LOL, It's mostly baking stuff in there, but I pulled out Campbells cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, Rosarita vegetarian refried beans, Hytop enchilada sauce, Safeway brand Red enchilada sauce, progresso bread crumbs, Frenches fried onions..

All contain soy.

Grace, We have model dairy ice cream and umpqua here, I know for sure model dairy is here, not sure if umpqua was too.

Nicole, So Delicious makes an ice cream that I've had. They have almond and coconut milk. Both are really good and they have a variety of flavors. Look for those next time you're out.

LOL Let me clarify. My husband only likes soy sauce because he wont eat plain rice without it. And he thinks large quantities (those items made with soy as one of the main ingredients) is unhealthy for the system.

LOL Misty, my daughter cant handle the lactose in milk but does fine with all other dairy products so therefore I feel relatively sure that Daniel's diet as a toddler will not consist of mostly soy items.

LOL Janelle, 90% of items will have like 1% soy lechtin (sp?) in them. My SIL can handle those but anything with soy as a main ingredient has her throwing up for like 12 hours. All of my husband's family (5 kids + his parents) have allergies.

Yes, ice cream isnt good for you. Anyways, I shouldnt worry about it since DH wants to eat all healthy (except for pizza 2x a month) once he gets back. Dont know how that will go with my overweight, emotional 18 year old SIL.

oh sounds fun >_> :haha:

i dont have a bump picture :blush:

but i have scan pictures if that will help :D

22 week scan today, ella is still a ella, all is healthy and in the right place :D
she didnt want to show her face until the last minute she was too busy sucking her thumb and wiggling her bum as us :cloud9:

https://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p704/magicwhisper1/baby%20wells/22Week2_zps163365e1.jpg
https://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p704/magicwhisper1/baby%20wells/22week_zpsf87ba3cb.jpg
https://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p704/magicwhisper1/baby%20wells/22wk_zps891f9126.jpg

Actually Nicole, All the products I listed had either soybean oil or soy protein, and since it was higher on the list of ingredients, I think it's safe to say, there is far more than just 1%. Most processed food has some sort of soybean oil or soy protein in it, not just soy lecithin. But I get what you're saying. You're taking about foods where soybeans are the main ingredient, like Soy sauce, tofu, edamame, boca burgers, tempeh, etc.

Although, your husband feels that it's unhealthy to eat soy products, since I have become a (fish eating) vegetarian, I've never been sick, I've been able to regulate my weight and keep extra weight off. My hair and skin look amazing (IMO) compared to when I was eating meat. We eat some sort of soy probably every other night if not every night. Not last night, but the night before we had Black bean burgers, which is made with soy. Tonight we're having curry, which we make from whole tofu, and Sunday we're having BBQ'd tofu sandwiches which is made from whole tofu. It's one of our main sources of protein, along with other beans and what not. Point being, besides my stupid back, I've never felt healthier.

I get, that you're husband doesn't feel that it's healthy. I'm not attacking you, but think about those who have a diet rich in soy. Asians for example. They look awesome for what they eat. I've read that a lot drink soy milk because it's cheaper for them than cows milk. They also eat A LOT of soy products in their dishes. Not too many fatty asians running around and there was research done that Asians, not asian americans, have a lower risk of breast cancer because they eat higher quantities of soy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8922298

Also the study done saying Soy causes breast cancer was done on lab rats. When injected with whatever the heck it's called, the rats developed tumors, but when tested on humans, they didn't. That's the whole crazy uproar about soy and the "fears" of it causing cancer. But I can tell you with confidence, pretty much anything you eat now a days, you're taking a risk. That's just how it is here in the states. Too many people, not enough food, so most of everything is either injected with hormones and or genetically modified.
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/...ottom-line-on-soy-and-breast-cancer-risk.aspx

Zoey, don't they have a law or something in England that they can't genetically modify food or it has to have some sort of label on the package? I thought I read about that with Europe. LOL. LOVE the picture scan, I miss that. No more babies for us though. :)

Aaaaaaaaanyway, I took Sara to the doctor today for her well check, and she's a fatty fatty 2x4. I look like such a goof carrying her carseat. She's too damn heavy, so I rest it on my leg the move it with my leg. So, I look like a walking robot with a pirate leg or something. She's 27 1/2" long and 19 lbs flat. So, that's good. Doctor gave the okay to start giving her over cooked rice, pasta, rice krispies, and mum mums for texture. Which is awesome. I'm going to stuff her face full of mum mums on the plane to keep her quiet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->