A home for EVERYONE!

Again with the weird foods.. what are mum mums??

im a veggy and ive "lived" in soya since i was 3 years old. im fine :D

its not illegal but loads are people are trying to make it illegal i think.
however all foods have to have a label with clear indication of what all the ingredients are and the nutritional value of all foods. that includes if they have been GM

Misty, mum mums are these rice-cake-wafer looking things. They look like little surf boards. Samuel loved them. I'll send you a picture.

Zoey, Do they feed animals there hormones to make them grow faster? I wanted to ask you... Here in the states there is a show called Shameless. Its fairly new, was introduced a few years back, but I see it was based off of the british series. Ever watch the british version? I see I can watch it on Hulu, but haven't had the time to sit down and watch it.

i dont know about the animals sorry i havent eaten meat for most my life so i dunno :haha:

shameless yeah it is brilliant i love it :haha: its been on for a couple of years but there isnt a series on now. they have a us version? or is it just our version?

Zoey, no it's a US version that they based off of your version. So, in other words instead of saying bollocks, they just say bullshit. Very refined right? LOL It stars William H. Macy. The US version takes place in Chicago. Have you ever seen the movie Green street hooligans? That was the first movie I ever saw Charlie Hunnam in. Or Lock, stock, and two smoking barrels. I love that movie. Not as much as I love Jason Statham though. I'm a big fan of Vinnie Jones too.

I know you're not attacking me. I'm just saying, that how my husband is. I think its more or less the reproductive stuff he is worried about. I know that some women have trouble getting pregnant when they eat a lot of soy or take soy isoflavones (sp?).

You think Sara is fat? Daniel is the same length and was 12 ounces less at his check-up a week ago but that put him in the 49th percentile for weight. I'm glad that the baby food is helping her gain weight better though. Joshua and Jerusha loved Mum Mums so I think at 9 months I'll start giving them to Daniel too. I am considering giving him the little Gerber puff things next month once DH is back, thoughts?

Soy isoflavones actually help with womens fertility. That's a recommendation that holistics advise first. But if you take something to raise you estrogen levels when trying to conceive you need to take something to rise your progesterone levels as well. It's like Clomid. It's not always going to work the first time, nor will it work for everyone, but it's proven to have the same effect. I know plenty of women who have taken soy isoflavones as a all natural remedy when going through menopause. Bottom line, there isn't enough research to deem it safe or unsafe for you because it's not marketed by a pharmaceutical drug company. Therefore its not important enough to research in the FDA's eyes. Women will try all sorts of stupid weird things to get pregnant, just like women will try just about anything to go into labor. Is any of it safe? Who's to say, a woman will do anything if she wants it bad enough. It's human nature.

Sara is a Roly Poly. Look at her pictures! I'm sure everyone would agree. I'd compare to one of Daniel, but I haven't seen one since he was 5 months. She's gained just over 11 lbs since birth, I'd say that's pretty chunky. She's not really eating a lot of food either. She just nurses "stronger" is the only word I can think to describe it. Seems like her sucking harder--she's getting more milk and getting fuller quicker. I don't know. I just know she's way heavier than Samuel was at this age and if she keeps going the way that she's going she's going to be heavier than him period. Which is shocking. It's nice to see a baby as active as her, still be able to gain weight steadily. I'd be worried if she were a jabba the hut all day and not mobile at all at this age.

You ask Misty, she does the truffle shuffle for Tyler. :)

:rofl: thats so funny janelleybean. have you watched the uk version?

i might have to see if i can download the us version here :rofl:

child weight wise mum breast fed then weaning all 3 of us sisters the exact same way but growing up we were all different weights at the same ages. So i don't see it as anything to worry about.

besides your little girls cheeks are so cute in that picture :haha:

Well I have just heard that if you ovulate on your own that soy isoflavones can cause problems. But I have heard that they are also used to increase egg quality.

I took more pictures of Daniel last night so I can upload them tonight so you have something to compare. Daniel rolls but he doesn't use it to get places. He just rolls if he doesn't like the way he is laying.

soy isoflavones are the herbal version of clomid. If you don't ovulate if you take them there meant to help you ovulate same theory as clomid. ive not used them personally but i have friends that have used it and it got them to ovulate when they wernt before :thumbup:

Zoey, I've never seen the UK version, but I can watch it on Hulu and Netflix I think. Have you seen any of the movies that I mentioned above? I had a sort of a chuckle after I posted the bollocks thing only because of the movie In Bruges. I love that movie. Mostly for the language. LOL. As for the weight thing. I can't really compare Sara to Samuel. I wasn't able to breastfeed him as long and he threw everything up. So he was barely gaining weight. I don't mind a Roly Poly. I'm excited that she is one. I've always wanted a squishy marshmallow of a baby. I think they are cute.

This picture was taken just after Christmas.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/IMG_20131226_111407_zps3843fccf.jpg

And she's finally sporting pony tails.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/IMG_20131230_131505_zps17935a8d.jpg

no i have never heard of them but i will have to google them :haha:

awh what a cutie pie look at them cheeks! <3

Janelle - She is adorable!!! Ethan was 28 inches and 18 lbs at his 6 month appt. He's skinny though. Maybe it's because he's long. My in-laws kept making comments about how skinny he was during Christmas. They actually had me feeling bad about it but then my husband reminded me that we were both skinny as babies so it makes sense that we would have skinny babies ourselves.

Lmao! Tyler was 25.5 inches and 15lbs 8oz at his 6 month appt. Ethan is a big boy!!!

Grace, Ethan is adorable!!! I've seen pictures, he's healthy! Don't you let people make you feel bad. Samuel was a real slim baby too, but so was I. He's still a stick! Makes sense for Sara be a chubbster, Dan was a chunk when he was a baby. And everyone knows she's a spitting image of her Daddy. :)

My in-laws are used to thick stationary babies. Ethan's been squirmy since he was out of the NICU. Now that he's crawling he'll just keep getting slimmer. I'm not worried though. He's doing fine.

Awww..Misty! We love Tyler though! Seriously wish we could have a playdate with all these babies or at least Skype!

Misty, Tyler is ahead of the game. Not sure about how much Ethan weighs now, but Tyler had gained the most weight since birth!

Grace, I was worried about Sara losing weight or not gaining it steadily now that she's crawling too, but she's still gaining steady. Don't worry. Ethan is a cutie pie, I couldn't imagine him any other way. All the ladies are gonna wanna date him. :) He's gonna be THAT boy in school that all the girls have a crush on. You just wait.

Janelle - That's good to know.

Misty - Remember Tyler puts all his energy into looking handsome. He doesn't look small in his pictures.

Hi ladies! I hate working those 4 day stretches!!!!!!!!!! OK so i was reading up and hi was a little lost on the soy thing lol all I know is Joshua was very lactose intolerant so I had to put him on soy formula BC if he got any dairy he projectile vomited exercism style every time. But he grew out of by like 6 months or so.

If I can ever get my iPod back from my dh I will post a bump pick. I have gotten huge the last two weeks! Uterus has moved way up a few weeks ago I was finding baby heart beat bellow my belly button now just above and little brat likes to hide behind my bellybutton so harder to get thge heart beat just get it kicking it a lot. Also feeling a ton of movement now all over like to kick low already.

Janelle she is a chunkier like my kids were all we 20-25 by 6 months and 25-30 by 1 yr. Oh and saw a onsie at Walmart I would have bought Sara if they had her size and my own baby if I knew it was girl. It said chubby babies cuddle better I love it!!!!

Misty Tyler does not look that small!!!! He is so freaking cute!!!

Grace ethan to!

Nicole still no pic u lie lol

Zoey glad Ella is still an Ella lol. I can't wait till we know if we got a blake or an Allyson cooking in there!

Only 9 more days its at 615pm EST so I will post asap. And only 22weeks till baby is born!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->