A home for EVERYONE!

Ok I read everyone's comments last night in bed as I was listening to Colton cry... I ended up trying a sleeping "plan" I read about... https://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html. First night involved nursing on demand and nursing to sleep was allowed except for a 7 hour window of time when I was only supposed to nurse when he woke, but then put him back down awake and shush/pat. I went to bed early, planning for less sleep later. First time he woke during that 7-hour window, we were awake for 1.5 hours. But he DID go back to sleep in HIS bed. Phew! I ended up buying Janelle's cd online and using it when I was having issues sticking with the sleeping plan... so hard to wait out that fussing when I know I have to get up for work at 5am and no idea how long it'll take him to fall asleep! He ended up doing pretty darn good though. Since I was allowed to pick him up if needed, just couldn't nurse again until he had slept some, I was able to keep calming him down when shushing and patting weren't enough and he didn't get hysterical like with the cry it out methods that really fray my nerves and make me leave the room and shut off the monitor lol. Second time he woke up, I nursed him and put him back down immediately and he went back to sleep with no complaints. Third time he woke was after the 7-hour window and I was up for the day, so nursed him back to sleep and no complaints and back in the crib so I could get ready for work without having to wake up DH.

Last night was a major success in my book. He still woke up some, but not as much and slept in his bed ALL night. No bed sharing. And could have gone much worse, so I am hopeful. Tonight and tomorrow will be same thing, so should be ok... but Sat is the hard night when I'm not supposed to nurse during the 7 hour window. THAT will be the next big hassle to survive.

Oh and although I didn't follow any one person's advice to a T, I did take it all in and re-read it as I was dealing with Colton and trying to make myself outlast him! It is comforting to know others have let their babies cry... I did that with Siena, but worried later that is why she's so clingy now. Knowing I'm not the only one who's done it makes it feel not as mean I guess!

Sorta on the food topic being bounced around... I started Colton out with baby purees and he still gets those at daycare but this week I've started giving him finger foods! didn't do that with Siena... spoon fed her for AGES. But now she won't use utensils and was a pain to have her always rely on me when she was hungry. Colton is more dexterous and also more impatient for the food (she took convincing to get her to eat, total opposite)... so he's enjoying getting to feed himself! I apologize if I already mentioned all this... can't recall!

What kind of finger foods do you give him, Libby? Tyler is still toothless but I'd like to give him other than baby food.

Misty - I give Ethan cucumber sticks and soft baby carrots. I've tried toast but he just bangs it on the tray. I did banana too but he doesnt like sweet stuff so as soon as he tastes it he throws it bad down.

Tryingmommy, I've heard of other women having dizzy spells in early pregnancy. All of your signs sound promising. I hope you get your BFP soon. :)

Libby, you can also try over cooked brown rice, pastas, and rice krispies. Samuel loved wagon wheel pasta. Sara's dr. suggested those her last visit, but now we're going to wait.

Trying mommy hello! Have u said or name yet? If u don't want to that is fine. But like Janelle said I am also a Michigander I live like 15 west of Lansing. Tell u want I am sick of this bipolar weather!!!!!! OK my dh josh and I are both 28 with me turning 29 first in April then him in July. We have 3 terrorist....oh I mean kids lol Joshua 7 avarie almost6 Jamison 5_ and our new baby due mid June. We find out in 6 days boy or girl!!!!! Welcome and good lifuck on your bfp!!!!!

AFM....tired sick with another sinus infection. Got to work tonight yuck!!!!!! But baby movements are so strong now its crazy!!!!! Kicked so hard I had to laugh today!!!!

But now time for kids homework baths and dinner so I can nap before work

It's a girllllllll Krissy!!!

Grace, test yet?

Oh Libby I hope you found something that will work for you hang in there!

Misty I go back and forth.....baby is so strong I think boy but my pregnancy feels a lot like avaries. I am confused. You asked when grace gonna test... What about u????? Rotfl......u know I had to!!!!

Your bump looked high too tho I know that's an old wives tale. I still think girl. We all were worried about not feeling our boys enough and janelle was being beat up by Sara! Actually I was feeling crappy the other day so decided to pee on my last ic. Negative of course!! :)

Yeah baby is very active today! We will see....lol see we get to ya

Pregnant :cry: Please excuse me while I pick myself off the floor.

Okay, I'll be okay. Women have been doing this for years, right? This is a blessing. All children are a blessing.

Congrats, Grace!! Idk if that's how you're feeling but I know you will. DH know? What is his reaction?

Virtual hugs, Grace. It must have bed meant to be. Jake and I were talking the other night and he made it sound like he'd be ok if we got pregnant. I was like DO WHAT?!?! lol

Lmao misty! That's good he's okay because my next period has your name written all over it!

Grace, all period curse jokes aside... I'm really excited for you. Have you had any other real symptoms?

Janelle - No symptoms outside of the dream and the late period.

Grad my third kid was a total utter surprise pill baby and m daughter was 8 months old to. I cried for like a week BC I did not know what to do with 2 that close. But it wasn't too bad and now with them being 17 months apart in age they play so well together. U got this no problem so a sept baby! Both my boys are and my Dr calls them the long cold night babies.....I do live in snow hell lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->