A home for EVERYONE!

Rise and Shine Ladies!!

It's almost 8 here and I've been up since 4am WIDE AWAKE!!! I did a ton of yard work this weekend and a bunch more yesterday with Samuel's help and I was exhausted last night and pasted out just after 9, but was wide awake at 4. So, I got up and pumped them moped around until 6:30 and made Dan a hearty breakfast, packed his lunch and sent him off to work. Samuel woke up shortly after Dan did and I'm still trying to get him to eat. It's such a struggle getting this kid to eat!!! Everyone is pissing me off too because they tell me "he wont starve himself" but they don't understand that he will!!!!! I tried the whole "let him eat when he's hungry" and he'll eat just enough to take the edge off and then that will be it. It was in February when I noticed that he had lost weight since his 3 year well check and I've been struggling to get him to eat ever since. I had him eating really well, but our in-laws have messed up our routine since then. So, Dan and I have talked and have decided that since they aren't taking his eating and gaining weight seriously, that he can't spend the night at their house until they do. He's just now tipping the scale at 37 lbs, which is great! In February he was 30!!! At 3 he was 33 lbs. He's grown almost a foot since his 3 year well check and for some stupid reason people believe that it's okay that he's grown in height, but lost weight. I don't know what butt they have their heads up, but that does not sound healthy to me. I tried to explain that if someone is 5 feet tall and 6 feet tall and they both weigh 90 lbs, how is that at all healthy??? No one seems to understand, but with these 7 lbs that Samuel has gained, it's all muscle and he looks so much healthier. My in laws for some insane reason have implied, but haven't admitted it, that they are afraid of Samuel becoming overweight. So, I've "ASSUMED" (ass out of u and me) that they are okay that he be underweight rather than overweight. Their way of thinking just boggles my mind. They have this dense fog over their vision. My MIL is constantly implying that we feed Samuel foods with too much added sugar. For example Pediasure and fruit greek yogurt. I spoke to his pediatrian because we were giving him odwalla super food juice and she said that sugar is sugar. There is more sugar in an 8 oz glass of odwalla than there is in a 8 oz container of pediasure. She said for the greek yogurt, who cares if he get's addicted to it because it's yogurt! It's loaded with calcium and at this point if he'll eat it, give it to him. I'm not going to feed him bland yogurt, if he wont eat it. I've tried the bland stuff with added fresh fruit and what not and he wont touch it. We've pretty much given up not eating meat only because Samuel is such a picky eater. He eats chicken and well, that's pretty much all we've ventured into because Dan and I both aren't fans of red meat, but I did make a pot roast once and Samuel ate it, threw up, but then wanted more, so my guess is he liked it. I'm starting to get the feeling that Samuel might have ADD or something like that, only because he is soooooo hyper and can't sit still at all!! I've tried running him around for hours to try and burn off some of that energy, but it's the same thing when we come home and sit down to eat, he wont sit still. I've tried putting him in the highchair, so he HAS to sit still and he just makes up games and goes bonkers. I'm to the point where I just want to throw my hands up and say, "Okay kid, you win." But I feel if I give up on him now, I'll give up easier on him down the line and I promised myself I would never be that kind of parent. We thought maybe if we enrolled him in preschool that might help teach him the rules that you can't take hours to eat, but I fear that he just wont eat. My biggest fear is that they will tell me that he does have ADD or ADHD or something like that. That thought had crossed my mind, but I really don't want to admit it to myself and I know Dan thinks the same, but we don't want to admit it. I try to shake it off and tell myself that I am over reacting and that I am just making a problem out of nothing, but what if I'm not? What if there really is an underlying problem and I do nothing about it? I understand that Samuel is considered a gifted and talented child because he's reading phenomenally at 3 and can do math and knows more than the average 3 year old, but I'm sure even Einstein ate! I hate thinking, "he's not going to starve himself" because, I often wonder if those with eating disorders parents thought the same thing. I know my MIL grew up hating vegetables and would refuse to eat them. She grew up to have an eating disorder and didn't eat and what she did eat, she would throw up. I wonder if her mom said, "oh, she's not going to starve herself... it's just a phase, she'll grow out of it..." when she was young.

((((Sigh)))) Sorry, I realize I'm just rambling on...

Erin, that sucks about the fender bender, but happy everyone is okay and there wasn't much damage to your car. Awesome that you got another scan and got to see your little one.

Zoey, welcome to the third trimester!!! No sleep in sight! "They" say to sleep all you can, because once the baby comes you wont get much sleep. That's a bunch of crap. You can sleep for months, but once that baby arrives you'll be dead tired!!! My advice, get on the schedule of getting a few hours of sleep at night and napping through out the day, that way it wont be as much of a shock to your body when Ella is waking up all hours of the night. You might luck out though and get a baby that wants to sleep through the night right off the bat. That's exactly how Sara was, I had to wake her up for night feedings. A lot easier when you have a toddler.

Misty, hope you're enjoying your job, haven't heard much from you lately, OH and for the record, I would just like to point out, in order to get pregnant, you have to have sex. So quit holding out on Jake and be a good wifey! You need drugs to get pregnant?????? How were your girls conceived again, I can't remember:haha:

Krissy, hope your OB appointment is going well. I talked to you for a minute this morning, but haven't heard back yet.. that was a few hours ago...Hope you're feeling better this morning, despite the weather that you've been having. :friends:

HI GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flower:

:wave: Hi to all the other ladies!! I'd write more, but Sara is awake and I need to make some pancakes for her. Today is pancake, peaches, and bananas for breakfast. Mmmmm!!!

More yard work and planting flowers is in today's forcast.

Well it is now Good afternoon Janelle! When it comes to samuel only you know your child and it sucks when you have to fight so hard to be heard. i totally understand where you are coming from on that. for me it was getting joshua the therapy he needed for his walking and talking that no one wanted to listen to me till he was almost 3 for speech and 5 for the others...pisses me off still!!!! just keep doing what your gut is telling you to do and keep pushing. the squeaky wheel gets the oil remember!!!

misty-i got to agree with janelle on the whole gotta boom boom....i would if i could BELIEVE me lol.....

afm-i reallllllly like this new dr! my appointment was for 915 didnt get out till 1045 he is a talker but totally listened made me feel soooo much better about everything and i should have my csection date by the end of the week! as for the rest of the stuff he said since i am taking it easy that we will just keep an eye out for now and start the NST after a few more weeks.

oh at 30w measuring in at 37w!.....fun!!!

Oh wow 7 weeks ahead. Im glad you like your new dr though krissy.

Ahh thank you janelleybean i will try that :D. I hate it when people tell me to sleep now because i wont be able to when shes here. Hello i didnt ask if its easier when shes here, i know its not no need to act like im stupid. If i could sleep i would be :dohh: that was obviously aimed at all the stupid people in real life who told me to sleep now :rofl:

36 week midwife appointment in a couple of hours and im nervous for the first time because apparently you have your first internal exam. Ive never had a internal exam before #hides# hardly helps my oh finds the idea hilarious and is giving crude and obviously extremely incorrect descriptions of what will happen :dohh:

zoey-never had an internal exam? they start doing paps here by the time you are 18 earlier if you have sex before then. also have one done at the first appointment. and yeah I know I hate how people think you don't know that a baby is going to keep you on a messed up schedule forever....lol

afm-ok first good news...csection is set for june 14 at 10am!!! yay!!!!

bad news we found out today that my dad has lymphoma cancer located in his pelvis. the one mass/lymph node is wrapped around his iliac artery goes down your right leg and he is having a lot of pain from it. he is going to see a general surgeon in the next couple of days to determine when the biopsy will be done to figure out what type of lymphoma cancer it is to determine course of treatment. this surgery is dangerous all on its own bc the largest mass is the one around his artery and it 6cm in diameter.....all we can do it fight on...

Krissy, :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Zoey, I hated getting checked to see how dilated I was. Hopefully, it's not so bad for you.

Hey girls. Sorry just been busy. Back to full time job then if course busy when I get home. Sorry about your dad Krissy. He's gotta be tired if always having to fight but he has awesome family in his corner to keep him strong. Awesome we have a date now to count down to the Blakester :)

Zoey how did the appt go?

Erin how scary getting rear ended!! Still doing ok? You didn't have your daughter with you I take it?

Hi Grace and janelle!! Sorry cutting this short. It's 11:00 and 5:30am comes fast!

in wales they do pap smears at 21 in england (were i currently live) not until your 25

no internal exam, shee didnt even mention it! apparently it depends on the midwife.
all is good, she is growing fine and hb is fine. :D i see the mw again in 2 weeks ^_^

ive started rlt tablets today as well eek :D

misty-thanks!

zoey what are rlt tablets? also here in the states at 36weeks we go every week to be checked. so I see my dr on the 29th, then again may 13th, then may27th after that it will be every week. but I might have to start sooner going every week bc of the fluid. with Jamison it started at 34weeks.

afm-not too much. just trying to get a head count on who is coming to the baby shower. tomorrow is my baby girls 6th bday....omg 6!!! so tomorrow we are heading to the movies I think and dinner....then Saturday is an easter egg hunt and then sunday is easter at my moms....busy weekend!!!!

Rasberry leaf tea tablets - they apparently help strengthen your uterus and make your contractions more efficient.

I thought you got saw weekly after 36 weeks but apparently not :dohh:

huh...I guess each country is different.

anyone wanna clean my house for me???? lol

I would help if i had the energy. I don't have the energy to clean my own house :rofl:

zoey that is my problem I go for 15 min then out of breath.....oh boy...

Zoey, just be careful taking raspberry leaf tea tablets. I'm guessing it's the same as raspberry leaf tea, which I've read can cause contractions and put you into labor.

Krissy, I was just popping on to boast that I've gotten all the laundry done, the whole house vacuumed and mopped AND I even dusted and wiped down all the mirrors and windows. I'd clean your house for you if I lived closer. I like cleaning other peoples houses. It's like a mission. LOL

AFU, Dan is off tomorrow because of good Friday. I'm not sure if you ladies remember what I did in the backyard last year. There is this stupid section in our patio that that the previous owner had a hot tub... it had all these concrete pavers, you know the boring ones that look like cinder blocks? Well, we moved all the pavers and put in river rock that we got from another section of the yard and I built a fountain out of a flower pot. Well, during a massive rain storm the fountain died on me, so I was left with an empty flower pot and honestly, it was a pain in the butt building that thing!!! So, instead of fixing it, Samuel helped me load all the rocks into 5 gallon buckets and we dumped them along one of our trees to make a boarder later on. I've got the whole section cleaned up. As of 4 days ago, the plan was to build a fire pit, but I've since changed my mind AGAIN. We're going to put all the stupid concrete pavers back and I'm going to paint them to look like an outdoor rug.... And hope it looks good when it's finished. Not sure if you ladies remember the big lilac trees that we have a long the patio either, but I've talked Dan into transplanting them a long our back fence. We have to wait until after they bloom though, which they are doing right now. I LOVE opening up my doors and the breeze blowing the scent through out our hosue. The previous owner planted them in this foot wide trench thing that goes a long the patio, and there is a possibility that they might die when we try to transplant them, but either way they are going to eventually die because there is nowhere for the roots to grow. So, I will be sad if they die, but it's sort of inevitable either way. Our friend who owns a tree cutting business came by the other day to look at all of our trees. I'm so pissed at the previous owner. One of the reasons I fell in love with this house was the mulberry tree in the front. Our previous house had two GIANT mulberry trees that were probably close to 100 years old if not older and I loved them. The leaves we huge and really created a lot of shade. Well the JERK that used to lived here turned off the water. It being dead of summer in the desert, EVERYTHING in the front died. Our neighbors tried to save the yard by adjusting their sprinklers to water what part of our yard that they could, but the water only goes so far, ya know? So, the big part of our front lawn died a long with the roots of the tree. The back half of the front is mostly shade so, that half didn't die and the roots are fine, but because of all of this the front branches on our tree died. The tree has been in shock since we moved in and we've tried everything in our power these last few years to save it. Our friend cut off a bunch of branches the other day and, well the tree just looks so off. There aren't any leaves on it yet, so it's hard to say what it's going to look like, but if any of you have picked up anything since I've been on BNB you'll know I like to be organized and I like balance. I like things symmetrical. If this tree is full and shady toward the house and there is a big empty hole in the middle and front, it's going to drive me nuts!!!! The tree had a lot more green on it last year than the previous years, so I'm hopeful that it fills out and doesn't look so charlie brown christmas tree! I was talking with my neighbor across the street last weekend and she made me feel so warm and fuzzy. She said that we do a wonderful job maintaining our yard and she actually thanked me for it. If you look at our house on google street view, it look sooooo bad, nothing like it does today. We've gotten the grass to fill in, it's not lush green, but with a little bit of epsom salt, we can green it up again. He planted a bunch of hostas, vinca, and woodruff under the front window and an array of flowers in the planter around the sad tree. I can't remember all the flowers, but we have pink and purple phlox, geraniums, some purple daisy looking things and this stuff that looks like porchulacas, but isn't. We planted porchulacas last year and they did REALLY well, lost of color, so I'm hoping these do really well. The previous owner planted a bunch of daffodil and lily bulbs in there and if it were up to me, I'd dig them out, but they're already halfway to china by now and I don't have time to dig out a bazillion bulbs. We dugs out a bunch of bulbs last weekend that were under the front window. There were maybe 8 small sections, we didn't think there would be that many. A WHOLE DAY LATER, we had filled up a 5 gallon bucket, to the rim! With stupid bulbs. But at least I wont have to deal with that again next year. I'm rambling. I tend to do that... Apologies. AAAAAAnnyway, I'm off to dilly dally in the backyard, while Sara takes a nap.

Here is a picture from when SOME of the bulbs were in bloom..
https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/e20d678b-9a31-4208-92a7-76669be0f06c_zpsa2f0d664.jpg

And here is from last weekend, in process...
https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/2b355b1f-d4db-4df7-917b-a27351ebf20d_zpsb5157f29.jpg

Our poor tree.. :cry:

I have to post a picture of Sara later. She's 11 months today! But she's napping at the moment.

Wow you have been busy in the yard.
I love daffodils. Good job too it's Wales national flower ;)

Yeah raspberry leaf tea can cause braxton hicks :) it says on the bottle to take 2-6 tablets a day (say what o_O) I'm however sticking to 2 a day!

Random nesting urge at midnight - that hasn't happened for a while :rofl:

Zoey, dun dun dun. My prediction is Ella will be here before the end of next week. :) Are you super excited? Nervous?

Okay, here are some pictures of Sara. I just want you ladies to see what she does 99% of the time when I'm trying to get a picture of her.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/DSCF3023_zpsd64130ca.jpg

Peek-a-boo!!! This should be fun when it's time to take a new family pic this weekend.

The other thing she loves to do is swing! This is actually Samuel's "old" swing that he still begs to be swung in.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/Sara1_zps7b6aad96.jpg

And this last one is for Misty. She LOVES to get pictures of Sara eating. ;) It's not from today, but oh well.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/IMG_20140416_142301_zpscwjn4cpy.jpg

Happy 11 months piggles! :flower:

TBT

in honor of miss ava turning 6 tomorrow her at 2 months old....

Attachments

• ava 2 months.jpg
    ava 2 months.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 0
Janelle-awwweee my other chunker I love!!! I would so steel sara from you and she can fit right in as my second daughter you can always visit lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->