A home for EVERYONE!

Finally got a picture of Mr Blake!! Lock up your daughters!!
https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/2014-05-31_12.16.59_zpsp6hpoyvq.jpg

Awhh.. He is so handsome. Dislike the wires though :(

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/2014-05-31_20.53.28_zpsyrcfdour.jpg

Here is another picture. Unfortunately, no one can hold Blake, because it's too much of an overload for him and his stats go all bananas. But Krissy is doing better. She's getting some sleep right now. I'm trying not to bug her too much. So only get updates periodically throughout the day,when she texts me.

Krissy and Blake update.

Well, they say that Blake has improved, but his last feeding he didn't digest, so he's withholding feedings and because of this, they wont allow Krissy to hold him. And on top of it all, he now has pneumonia. :( Krissy is starting to get better control of her pain, but is a little concerned that she isn't burping and farting. She's upset because she was hoping that since her pregnancy was so hard that her delivery and recovery would be a littler easier on her. The hospital has told her that she can stay until Tuesday, but then she'll be released, but Blake will stay for 10 days if not more. :(

Do any of you ladies have any questions that you'd like me to ask her?

Thanks for the updates.

Krissy.. I am thinking about you and Blake. Hope you both recover fast. :hug:

Congratulations on having blake i am definitely keeping ella hidden away :haha:

Sorry he is so ill i am thinking of you both :kiss:

We are good here, ella is very coliky though :nope: so far we have her on infacol and pushing her in her pram is the only thing that settles her. But at least something works!

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/2014-06-01_20.42.28_zpsaedwegdd.jpg

Mr. Blake today.

Zoey, sorry Miss Ella is colicky, but glad you've found something that helps! <3

Janelle, thanks for keeping us posted on Krissy and Blake. That's so hard to have to go home before baby. :( Continued prayers for speedy recoveries.

AFM, I was about to post about how I'm all freaked out about not feeling movement. But mayyyybe maybe I just felt something. I need to feel it again to be sure! ;P

I know I've posted about feeling "something" in the last several days, but I wasn't 100% convinced. But then yesterday, nothing. I was 17+2 when I first felt my DD move. It only took me a couple of days to decide that was for sure what I was feeling. I've always heard you start feeling movement sooner with subsequent pregnancies. I'll be 17+2 on Wednesday. This is just too nerve-wracking. I guess if I really did feel something a week ago, that would be true for me. But I'm going crazy that I'm just a couple of days away from this milestone for #1, and still I'm not totally convinced about it.

Its difficult to feel movements in the Early days :dohh:

This colic means she has good days and bad days and i feel so useless because i dunno what to do :shrug: i dunno what i would do without matt he is amazing

Blake is adorable

Erin maybe this baby is sitting differently. I had an anterior placenta with Tyler which cushioned his kicks so I didn't feel him for a long time... and also not as often as I would have liked. Made me nervous!

Hope Blake is improving. Sucks that Krissy will have to go home without him :( I was super lucky that I had the opportunity to stay in the hospital (not admitted) all 18 days that Tyler was in the NICU. Only because I was breastfeeding and the parents room in the NICU was available.

Misty - I didn't realize you got to stay the entire time. That is awesome. Ethan was in for 15 days, and I was discharged after 4 days and couldn't drive. It really sucked. I hope Krissy gets to do what you did. Especially not being able to hold him yet.

Krissy - I'm praying for you both.

Erin - I agree with Misty. I had an anterior placenta with Ethan and I didn't feel definite movements until like 21 weeks or so. With this one, I have a posterior placenta and it's totally different. I feel strong movements now that I didn't feel with Ethan until like 30 something weeks.

AFM - I've got my gestational diabetes test tomorrow, and that's about it.

Thanks ladies. So even with anterior placenta, you still got to feel stuff? Eventually?? I know an anterior placenta is totally fine/normal. But I'm just so eager to feel things. Even though I know my eyes should be on the prize (getting to parent another sweet LO), one of the things I grieved when I thought I may never have another baby was the prospect of not feeling those movements again. (Among other things I once took for granted that I'd get to experience again.) So obviously right now the main thing is having another baby, but I really REALLY don't want to miss out on feeling those movements. So I've been kind of anxious about perhaps having an anterior placenta. BUT I am getting WAY WAY ahead of myself. :dohh: I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks!

Misty that's amazing that you got to stay in the hospital with Tyler. I've never heard of that.

Grace, GL with your GD test, let us know how it goes. <3

Misty and Grace... I was discharged on the third day but my baby wasn't. They told me they didn't expect me to leave without my baby. So I was allowed to stay. We stayed for a week.

Hope Krissy is allowed to stay as well.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/2014-06-02_18.54.47_zps1cc0mstn.jpg

Krissy got to hold Blake twice today. She has a 50/50 chance of being discharged. Her blood pressure is still higher than normal and they think she might have an infection where her incision is. I'll update again when I hear word.

An awake picture!!! :) Glad she got to hold him today. I hope she's not getting an infection but she'd be able to be close to baby on the other hand!

Yep the hospital has a program that if they aren't full and don't need the room you can like rent it for the night for $30. That includes your meals. No medical care tho. It's on a day to day basis tho... if they get busy and need to room, you're denied staying another night and have to leave. I did that for a few nights. I was glad it was an option but it was on the floor below the NICU and my room was the very last at the end of the loooooong hallway so it seemed like I had to walk a mile each way every couple of hours. I was still SO swollen so it hurt to walk! Then one of the awesome NICU nurses told me about this Parents Room in the NICU. It's for breastfeeding moms to stay in. Or if a young mother came in they'd have her stay there so they could watch and teach her care of her baby while baby is still on monitors. They let me move to that room until it was needed for somebody else more in need. It was FREE and it was right in the NICU so I was just like 3 doors away from Tyler. They said too they'd put a cot in Tyler's room (each baby had a separate room that just closed with a curtain for privacy) but I wouldn't have a shower available. The parents room had a private bathroom. Anyway it was amazing and I was SO lucky. Once he got a little better I was able to move him to that room with me. He was able to be monitored from there too for oxygen and heart rate, etc.

I found the picture I had taken of the parents room

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2
Krissy has the option of staying, but she'd have to share a room, but she wants to go home. I can understand it being hard to leave your baby in the nicu, but at the same time I can understand the urge to want to get home to your other kids and family and i think that's where she's at right now. She won't know until later tonight or tomorrow if she'll have to stay longer, but for now she's gone to sleep for the night.

I haven't given an update on us in awhile.. I feel awkward giving one since I'm sure you're all just keeping an eye out for krissy updates, but we got our bathroom done and the kitchen done. I posted a bunch of pictures on my pinterest. I'll post some on here in a minute. I can't remember if I ever told you ladies about dan transfering to Georgia, but I'm about 95% sure we'll be moving there. Dan spoke with his boss, who told Dan he needs to hire someone qualified to do his job and has at lease 10+ years warehouse managers experience. He also told Dan to speak with me about possible relocation. Right now the manager of the Connecticut warehouse is running things in Georgia, but dans boss has said he needs him back in Connecticut. I'm excited, but sad at the same time. Our house is worth 80k more than what we owe and that's not including what we've done to it, but at the same time, I don't have the energy, time, or money to remodel another house. I really like this one... I wish I could just move this house to Georgia!!

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/IMG_20140601_033720_zpsabcdcf1c.jpg
https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/picmonkey5_zpsc4c775a4.jpg
https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/picmonkey6_zps7878b7dd.jpg
https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/DSCF3246_zps510686d2.jpg

The lighting wasn't the greatest for these pictures because of some thunderstorms that were rolling over our house. So, the kitchen has sort of a yellow tint.

But there you have it! Our guest bathroom, the finished kitchen, my baking station. I have all of my bulk spices and ingredients in those two baskets, and my cupcake liner storage thingy mabob. I just cut the bottom off of a wine bottle..

I don't know if I like how the baking station turned out. I kinda wish we would have just added the tile to the top of the cabinet and added the trim to just the sides, but because we made the bottom cabinet a moveable island we didn't want it looking weird if we moved it. So, we put a frame around the tile. I think it just looks weird to me, maybe because I'm not used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->