A home for EVERYONE!

hey guys. interesting to hear about your school experience Janelle! I excelled in school I guess? If super grades mean anything. Not if retention means anything. I'd drop what I learned to learn the next class to get the next grade. So math was the hardest because it often relied on prior knowledge... so I did get some Bs in math despite my efforts. I have the memory of a goldfish. I seriously do not remember I was on a middle school basketball team... yet I have proof because I saw a picture of me in a uniform holding a ball. That's my best example... since the things I forget I dont REMEMBER so yeah. People expect me to be a whiz at all things words since I was an English major in college and yeah its slipping a LOT. I've forgotten most of the rules. It was a subject I was naturally ok/good at, so I was able to get by even with not remembering everything from the books.

I'm afraid I get dumber and dumber as the years go by! Oh well!

LOL Libby, I was really good at math, but could do the problem in my head. When I had to do the work on paper I would get confused, so teachers always accused me of cheating and because I never showed the work I didn't get the credit. I think Dan is just going to school to learn, because he has no idea what he wants to do. He's changed his major so much. Just last night he was saying he wants to change it to Science? He's talking about a major and a minor now. It was a few years ago he wanted to be a mechanic. Then last year an author or publishers editor. Lol now he wants to build a rocket. As long as he's happy, I'm happy.

I hear ya on the forgetting what u learned in school! That's been a loooong time ago for me! Oh man... where's my Krissy with the "old" slams on me. Sigh.. Anyway, when my girls were in high school they'd try to get my help on things and it was WAY beyond me! In elementary and jr High grades I was in advanced classes. Like TAG (Talented And Gifted) and ELP (Extended Learning Program). For reading they'd send me to higher grade classes til finally I just didn't have to take it at all. In high school I was pregnant twice sooooo no more advanced classes, had to go to a "special" school for sluts... I mean pregnant girls lmao and we had a curriculum we did on our own. Then my kids were in Jr high and high school and I felt SO stupid. Did I even learn this stuff?? Janelle, I'm with u on history. HATED history. I liked math and english/reading.

Nervous... I just called the perinatalogist to check on my test results from last week. They said it would be a week which was yesterday. She's gonna have a nurse check and call me back. I wonder if just my age will make the results say high risk regardless?

LOL Libby, When I said I started leaking, it wasn't milk. It might have been colostrum but it was a clearish liquid. Your colostrum only lasts for 2-4 days once the baby starts nursing then it turns to milk. The doctor told me to not pump if it was still colostrum but dont remember why. My milk always came in around the 45-48 hour mark.

I am always a powerhouse when it comes to milk supply until they hit that 5 week growth spurt and then I usually have DH feed them a bottle of pumped milk or two so mommy can rest. My daughter weaned herself off breast milk at 7 months because she would not nurse unless I was so full to the point of leaking. What can I say, I always have really hungry babies. But luckily for mommy, my babies started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and that went on til they hit their 16 week growth spurt.

Well I need to wake DH and baby J up form their naps so we can decide if we are going to the church activity tonight or being reclusive and pretending we arent home because we are broke and dont have candy to pass out.

Libby-Baby J is my big girl. She has been in 90th percentile for height since she was born and has stayed in the 75th percentile for height too. Her head circumference is usually about 91st percentile.

Ok, so I just did an OPK out of curiosity. It was negative, so it wasn't positive. However, it was dark. Weird.

Nicole - What a memory! Like I said, bad memory... so already forgetting at what points I had issues with supply... I had to start supplementing sometime around 3-4 months... when I went back to work, I just couldn't keep up with her demand. Sigh. I'd like to be better about that this time. Just couldn't pump enough. So I'll try to build a lot of supply to freeze to try and last longer... but I am not very optimistic. Pumping at work was stressful and breastfeeding is a pain because I'm shy... so would have to do it in a bathroom stall if out somewhere or in the car, etc. Blah!

Yeah, I've never breastfed in public. If we were at parties I would ask if I could use the bedroom to breastfeed for an hour. They never had a problem with it. I have pumped once in the car and breastfed about 5x in the car. Around 6 months pregnant, I start yearning for that connection and want to breastfeed so bad. With my daughter, I started crying myself to sleep because I only got to breastfeed my son for 3 months and it killed me once my supply disappeared.

Don't know if anybody saw my previous post but tests came back normal! :happydance:

Well we have turned the lights off and so far I don't think our neighborhood has any trick or treaters even though it officially started 3 minutes ago lol. I am going to go Kay down because my head, back, and tummy are all killing me again.

So excited! My sister in (not) law is starting Clomid tomorrow! She's also getting an hsg test done next wed and her fiance is doing a semen analysis. Realllly hope all comes back ok and the Clomid works first try like it did for me!

Misty - Yay for those results!

Janelle - I guess I don't really talk huh? I'll have to space these out because I'm a pretty boring person and I'll run out of stuff to say. LOL. The weather down here is warm. :) We probably won't get cold for a while. I bet the trick or treaters will have a good time because they won't have to wear coats/jackets.

Misty.. Yay on the results :)

AFM..did anyone see my post about the dark, but not positive, OPK. It is so late into my cycle, so didn't know what this was about. Shouldn't they be getting lighter and lighter.

Misty..hoping for good results for your sister. My sister tried for about 2 years to conceive, they had tests done and all was good. Just took a while.

Aspe I think LH can be in your system at varying levels throughout your cycle. It just doesn't get as high other times as it does right before you ovulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->