A Limbo thread...

Thanks to all you ladies! It's not like I constantly want sex or anything, just a cuddle and a kiss would be nice, I don't think I'm asking too much. But maybe I need to give some back, just to make it even........ but I'm growing a baby, I don't think I should be made to feel guilty about it. Oh well, maybe he'll buck up his ideas eventually. xxx

Its not even about sex its about keeping a level of intimacy and staying 'connected' for want of a better phrase. I said to my hubby that as much as I was willing to make the effort he had to meet me half way as I was exhausted and feeling shit about myself. After all, it's hard work growing a human being!! It was even little things like my DH sets his alarm clock 10 mins early now so that we have a cuddle in bed before I get up and have a shower. Little things make such a huge difference. You'll get there hun I'm sure you will but he needs to meet you half way as well XXX

I think it's never asking too much if you want a cuddle or a hug! Or even just some intimate time! Don't ever feel guilty about it :).

About tummy rubbing, my hubby only started to do that recently. He tells me first that I ate way too many pies, but to make up for it he then has to cuddle and talk to my tummy! Or I threaten to smother him with it!

Waving from the bed is definately breaking the rules ;)! I'm sure he'll shape up soon!

Its not even about sex its about keeping a level of intimacy and staying 'connected' for want of a better phrase. I said to my hubby that as much as I was willing to make the effort he had to meet me half way as I was exhausted and feeling shit about myself. After all, it's hard work growing a human being!! It was even little things like my DH sets his alarm clock 10 mins early now so that we have a cuddle in bed before I get up and have a shower. Little things make such a huge difference. You'll get there hun I'm sure you will but he needs to meet you half way as well XXX

Agree with that completely! Shame my husband sometimes thinks that meeting me half way is saying that he loves my jellypudding legs :nope:.
I'm sure he means it in a good way !

Agree with that completely! Shame my husband sometimes thinks that meeting me half way is saying that he loves my jellypudding legs :nope:.
I'm sure he means it in a good way !

God men are clueless when it comes to compliments aren't they? Or just completely oblivious of what they're actually saying! My DH once (and it really wasn't on purpose) called me chubby at the beginning of the pregnancy and I was in tears over it for days lol. No he says how sexy I am lol. And although I do feel a bit insecure and huge in myself, he always makes me feel amazing :) but men can't be relied upon for tact, this much I have learnt!! X

Chubby!! That's not the nicest thing of him to say!
Awesome to hear he know how to make you feel amazing :), I actually think it's cute when my hubby tries to make me feel good about my flaws. I know I'm not a skinny size 8 and I'll never be. But he keeps saying he loves the curves and the 'cushion for the pushin' (only men could come up with that). He wouldn't have it any other way. So everyday I feel a bit more comfortable about myself and just tease him back for being a stickman for being so skinny ;)!

Lucky you ceecee, hubby doesn't comment on my looks at all. Even when I noticed I was getting a bump and ASKED him about it, he said nothing. Even now when I have a very obvious bump, he won't comment on it. Grrr. I need to trade him in for a real life Edward :( xxxx

ETA - not lucky you about the chubby comment, that wasn't very nice was it? xxx

Chubby!! That's not the nicest thing of him to say!
Awesome to hear he know how to make you feel amazing :), I actually think it's cute when my hubby tries to make me feel good about my flaws. I know I'm not a skinny size 8 and I'll never be. But he keeps saying he loves the curves and the 'cushion for the pushin' (only men could come up with that). He wouldn't have it any other way. So everyday I feel a bit more comfortable about myself and just tease him back for being a stickman for being so skinny ;)!

Lol well he said it when I was moaning that my pre-preg jeans no longer fitted and he gave me a cuddle and said "look babe, you won't be chubby forever just a few more months and they'll fit again lol". It makes me laugh now when I think about it lol. I love the expression cushion for the pushin!!

Lucky you ceecee, hubby doesn't comment on my looks at all. Even when I noticed I was getting a bump and ASKED him about it, he said nothing. Even now when I have a very obvious bump, he won't comment on it. Grrr. I need to trade him in for a real life Edward :( xxxx

ETA - not lucky you about the chubby comment, that wasn't very nice was it? xxx

Lol as I said he said it in a "You won't be chubby forever, just a few more months..." Kind of way lol. Tact is not my hubby's strong point! But he's so much better now :)

Maybe you need to sit down and talk to your hubby properly about it? Did he comment on your looks before you were pregnant? Don't give up on him just yet sweetie :) Sometimes people don't realise how much they've hurt our feelings until we tell them and tell them how it hurt our feelings exactly. These men aren't good at picking up on feelings like us women. XXX

Yea, men tend to be a bit oblivious to our not so subtle hints about needing something ;)! Sometimes the only way to go is the direct approach!
Let him know!

:hugs: to Claire

I said to DH yesterday I'll probs be the worlds first virgin to give birth because it's so long since we had sex my hymen will have grown back!!!! :haha:

Weekend was lovely, pity I spent most of it lying on the couch coughing up a lung LOL. We did go out yesterday to buy a car, we've part ex'd my very impractical MINI for a 5 door Ford Fiesta. Only problem is Ive spoken to the insurers today and they wont insure DH on the car because he only passed his test 10 months ago! How Im going to get to the hospital when Im go into labour I dont know!!!!!! :dohh:

hahahaha barbles made me chuckle! i havent either!!!! the last time i did, i went to swallow his...you know...and i was sick everywhere!! it was a passion killer LOL although we did find it funny thank god! but since then i havent!! im sure i wont be sick now as my sickness has gone but im sure it has scarred me LOL

ahhh mrs pop your part of the mini clan! i have the same at the mo and it needs to go as much as i love it! been looking at audi estates but its finding one i like im so fussy!!!!!!! but its starting to get hard to climb in and out of my go kart with my stomach!!!!!

ooooh talking of stomachs, i saw baba move for the first time yesterday!!!!!!! well my stomach move anyway! every time he kicked my tummy moved it was amazing! sods law when i called chris over to see,baby went shy and didnt move a muscle!!!!!!!!!! xx

Aw Samira it's breaking my heart to get rid of my Mini (go kart, love it!) but I have to be boring and sensible now. Plus yes, its VERY hard to get out of the damn thing now!!!!!

Im so jealous you've seen your tum move! I havent yet, nor have I had any BHs or any leaky boobs. Maybe this big tummy of mine is just a food baby?

My boss is doing my nut in today! We have officially confirmed that he has been paying me below the minimum wage (this was last week) and so he now admits he owes me a fair whack in back pay but told me he would rather reduce my hours than pay me more. I am absolutely fine with this solution lol. HOWEVER, every time I mention what hours I will now be doing (he needs to cut 7 hours per week) he won't talk about it and he STILL hasn't done my risk assessment! Steam is coming out of my ears now!! So close to telling him to shove his job up his chocolate whizzway!!

Aw Samira it's breaking my heart to get rid of my Mini (go kart, love it!) but I have to be boring and sensible now. Plus yes, its VERY hard to get out of the damn thing now!!!!!

Im so jealous you've seen your tum move! I havent yet, nor have I had any BHs or any leaky boobs. Maybe this big tummy of mine is just a food baby?

I love mini's and really want one!!!

You will see you're tummy move, try putting a cold can of coke on your belly and watch LO move it off - that worked for me!! And trust me BH's and leaky boobs are not fun - rejoice whilst you don't have them lol !! XXX

Are you getting the money thats owed to you .. (ie to get you back up to at least minimum wage)

ooooh talking of stomachs, i saw baba move for the first time yesterday!!!!!!! well my stomach move anyway! every time he kicked my tummy moved it was amazing! sods law when i called chris over to see,baby went shy and didnt move a muscle!!!!!!!!!! xx

Lo kept doing that to me lol everytime I called her daddy to come over and look at my tummy moving or feel her kicking she would stop lol little minx!! Chuffed you got to see baba move though!! XXX

Are you getting the money thats owed to you .. (ie to get you back up to at least minimum wage)

He's told me he owes me about £1000 (was quite shocked when he said that lol) before tax but hasn't mentioned when I should be receiving it and at the moment I'm still working the same hours on the same pay because he won't sort it out! He's a nightmare! Lol so tempted to go on strike whilst its sunny! XXX

Hmmm, thats really weird of your boss. Can you take that higher up because you shouldnt be still on the same pay now!!!!

Ths is soooooooooooooooo way TMI but I need to get it out to feel better.

I have been having constipation on and off usually after a weekend of eating shit.

So I now really really really need a poo :blush:, Im at work and I have this thing of going in public loos (took me a month to poo in my own house after I moved in with OH) but I was desperate so off I went.

It wont budge!!!!!! Its literally just sitting there and Im soooo uncomfortable but its just too big to come out :blush:

Im going to try and give it ten minutes and go again but I have to get cover on reception when I go to the loo so that adds to the pressure of going as if I take too long they will know Im having a number 2 (I put serious poo pressure on myself, I hate it). I cant last all afternoon like this though.

Grrr, I miss the days of going easily. Im going to ask midwife for some lactose or something tomorrow when I go to my appointment.

Sorry for the grossness girls :nope:

Hmmm, thats really weird of your boss. Can you take that higher up because you shouldnt be still on the same pay now!!!!

My company has a really weird structure and my boss and his boss are really REALLY good mates. When he comes back to the office in 30 mins time I think we're going to have to have crisis talks as its stressing me out and I don't want to be getting stressed over it. The funny thing is you would think he would want to sort out my new hours as the longer he leaves it the more in back pay he will have to give me!! He's just so lazy about doing anything!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->