A Limbo thread...

Hi butterfly-- I'm from the U.S., but I live in the Netherlands (that's where my DH comes from). I'm from Virginia though :)

Hi Doodlepants- packing my hospital bag also seems ages away! I think this is something I'm going to try to remember to ask my mw about the next time I see her. Somedays it seems like things are so close (i.e. maternity leave :happydance: just 7 more weeks of working) but then having a baby feels like I have all year...

I know what you mean- it seems like ages away still but it's not that far at all! I wrote my what to pack list ages ago..... I just can't seem to get on with the actual packing!x

@ Lauki- where in NL are you from? I'm in a similar situation, except I'm from the U.S. and I moved to the Netherlands since DH is from here :) All of my friends/family are in the U.S. too (except I'm friends with all of DH's group now too). I live close to Alkmaar/Heerhugowaard...

I'm originally from Den Haag and always lived close to there :)! Your move to the US is much further though, did you manage without getting too homesick? I still miss everyone so much and sometimes wish I could just pop over for the night. Good thing I'm really happy with my hubby and we're both so excited about this baby!

Anyhow! My weekend was a bit hectic. On Friday I barely felt any movement so as my husband came home he found me panicking on the bed, because she had only moved like 3 times that day and normally she'd always start to go mental as soon as I'd lay on my side. But on Friday, absolutely nothing. Also the aches and pains in my thighs/hip area came back, so I wasn't a happy bunny.

So instead of rushing off to go away for our weekend, my husband said; 'We're not going anywhere until we know for sure our baby's okay'. So there we went, off to the hospital to get checked out. Sitting in the Labour Ward waiting room with all these heavily pregnant women ready to give birth and who's waters have broken is quite scary! Then finally after 2 hours we were allowed to go in. Walking past women giving birth is very uncool ;)! Got hooked up to the monitor and the Midwife really struggled to find her heartbeat, but finally it was there, quite faint and far back, but it was there! After all the prodding and poking my baby decided she had enough and started to beat me up ;)!

I was on the monitor for half an hour, must have had at least a hundred movements and the heartbeat was good. I felt so much better when we realised she had just turned. She had always been laying transverse with her heartbeat very high up on my tummy. Now her heartbeat was down low so it seems her head has moved down and her legs up. So I just feel her when I sit up straight and it's a bit muffled by my placenta/organs.

We finally left for our weekend away and I've felt plenty of movement since. I just really have to get used to the way it feels, just so different from what I was used to. Much more squirming, less hard kicks.

Sorry for the long story! I just really had to tell it to someone, as I felt slightly (very) hormonal during the weekend and just being worried about our baby!

Hope you all had a great weekend and I felt this thread had to be bumped to page 1 again ;)!

Morning Limbo ladies.

Havent been on much this week, been enjoying the weather so Im off to catch up.

Hope everyone is well!!

Had a peek in 2nd Tri and a peek in here and Im really do feel limbotastic today, I dont know where I belong :wacko:

On the plus side I am now a EGGPLANT!! :happydance: Goodbye papaya

Aww Barbles, I'm actually finding myself coming over here and reading posts more often now. I reckon I'll be stopping in this thread for a good while!

Yay for being an eggplant now! Can't wait to finally move onto that on Wednesday ;)

Morning Limbo ladies.

Hope everyone is well!!

Had a peek in 2nd Tri and a peek in here and Im really do feel limbotastic today, I dont know where I belong :wacko:

Lol a) I am LOVING the word limbotastic!! and b) cool beans on being an eggplant!! Hope you've been enjoying the cornish weather!! XXX

I had a lovely weekend! Sorted out our garden so it actually resembles a garden ready for maternity leave :) woohoo!! And went to a friends BBQ yesterday where his MIL (Who is fantastic - want to adopt her!!) told me that with my bump there's no way I'll last til July lol. She started a sweepstake and her bet was an 8.5 pound baby and June 15th as a due date... Eeeep!! Lol Wonder if she'll be right :) XXX

Shame the weather's all gone bad now. Just a little bit of sun but I saw the weather reports for lot's of showers and colder weather!

June 15th! That's even before I'm due ;). I'm not gonna be beaten!! :D

Hey Ladies!

I had an OK weekend, we took Jayden to the Safari Park on Saturday and it was lovely and warm, had a picnic, seen the animals etc etc. But yesterday morning was not so good, I was seriously considering telling my hubby to leave :nope: I can't even remember now what he'd done but I was sooo mad. Then I got depressed because I only had one pair or maternity jeans that I'd been washing and drying because nothing else fit me :cry: and hubby doesn't seem to think much about what he buys (I watch our bank balance like a hawk and still end up skint :() so I decided to take money from our savings and go get some decent clothes! And so I did! Lol, leggings and baggy tops all the way for me this summer! Once I had some comfy clothes on I felt much better and decided I'd quite like hubby to stick around :haha:

This morning Jayden's had diahhorea and complaining of a sore tummy. Hope he's not coming down with something but he's lying on the couch under his duvet just now.

Hope everyone is well :flower:

Claire xxx

Shame the weather's all gone bad now. Just a little bit of sun but I saw the weather reports for lot's of showers and colder weather!

June 15th! That's even before I'm due ;). I'm not gonna be beaten!! :D

Its lovely weather at the moment just outside Portsmouth where I am :) Lol well June 15th would be good because June 14th is my last antenatal class so it would be fresh in my mind lol just can't see it happening as first babies always come late don't they???

Well thats just GREAT.... the first day i send my daughter to school without her coat and the weathers turned crap! Sent her with her coat everday last week and the weather ended up being really warm so her coat wasnt used. Typical.
Think this is abit of a hormonal rant.... lol.
x

EDIT- and now ive JUST got comfortable and have to go for a number 2... grrr!

Hey Ladies!

I had an OK weekend, we took Jayden to the Safari Park on Saturday and it was lovely and warm, had a picnic, seen the animals etc etc. But yesterday morning was not so good, I was seriously considering telling my hubby to leave :nope: I can't even remember now what he'd done but I was sooo mad. Then I got depressed because I only had one pair or maternity jeans that I'd been washing and drying because nothing else fit me :cry: and hubby doesn't seem to think much about what he buys (I watch our bank balance like a hawk and still end up skint :() so I decided to take money from our savings and go get some decent clothes! And so I did! Lol, leggings and baggy tops all the way for me this summer! Once I had some comfy clothes on I felt much better and decided I'd quite like hubby to stick around :haha:

This morning Jayden's had diahhorea and complaining of a sore tummy. Hope he's not coming down with something but he's lying on the couch under his duvet just now.

Hope everyone is well :flower:

Claire xxx

Oh no!! Poor you hun! Glad you've fixed yourself up with some comfy clothes though :) It makes the world of difference being comfortable doesn't it? So glad you sorted things out with your hubby :) And poor Jayden hope he feels better soon my lovely XXX

Well thats just GREAT.... the first day i send my daughter to school without her coat and the weathers turned crap! Sent her with her coat everday last week and the weather ended up being really warm so her coat wasnt used. Typical.
Think this is abit of a hormonal rant.... lol.
x

That is what we refer to as 'Sod's Law'. Bless you - rant away sweetie!! X

I should also point out that Jayden told me to his tummy was sore because baby Noodles was kicking him.... :rofl:

Jelly, I'm sure she will be fine :flower: xxx

Good for you Claire on the clothes shopping! It always works to just treat yourself on something you really need when you feel down like that! Hope Jayden will be okay and feel better soon!

Jealous of your weather CeeCee! I found it so lovely yesterday, it made me all happy! Now I'm stuck in the house with piles of laundry all around for me to do!

I hope my baby will be just on time. I was born 2 weeks late myself and so was my husband, wonder if that's a bad sign or not ;). I suppose we can only wait and see!

Next week I'm getting my Gestational diabetes test results back, so I hope all is fine! Now for another week of house chores and boringness :D! Luckily my hubby is home early today and promised me cuddles as I still feel hormonal from the scares my baby gave me this weekend!

I should also point out that Jayden told me to his tummy was sore because baby Noodles was kicking him.... :rofl:

Jelly, I'm sure she will be fine :flower: xxx

Im sure she will be but she will make out im a terrible mother. I can imagine her coming home later "MOM! I was freezing today, where was my coat! You are horrible!"....she told me i was the worst mom ever for making her have school dinners the other week...apparantly they made her have stuffing...:dohh: I wish as an adult, our biggest moans were about stuffing... lol.

Baby noodles...thats so cute! x

Morning Limbo ladies.

Hope everyone is well!!

Lol a) I am LOVING the word limbotastic!! and b) cool beans on being an eggplant!! Hope you've been enjoying the cornish weather!! XXX

Oooh it was lovely, we have this big woods near us with grassy bits and a pond so went there yesterday and managed to get a little tan :happydance:

I seriously need to get my garden sorted ready for maternity leave and Phoebe entertaining, we are getting her a swing and a new slide for easter (spoilt :blush:) and my mum is getting her a new sand pit as hers is a bit ruined now so chuck in a few balls and a cheapo paddling pool and she should be sorted.

Claire, Phoebe also says she has a baby in her tummy and its tickling her :haha: Hope he feels better soon.

Hehe if only the worst things to worry about were stuffing and coats! Life would be a breeze ;)!

Edit: Also need to get our garden done. The grass is becoming a jungle, although I must say the cats love to stalk through it and play tigers!

I'm just really not looking forward to sitting on my knees and pulling out weeds!!

Good morning ladies!

@ Lauki- I actually don't get homesick very often. I've made a lot of friends in NL and I call/Skype with my parents/friends several times a month, so it doensn't feel quite so far. And DH's family is awesome, so that helps too :) Only disappointment is that both of my parents wanted to fly over to NL around my due date (June 28th) but flights from the U.S. to Amsterdam are $1600 per person!!!!! Ridiculous... so only my mother is going to come, and we'll fly back in September to see everyone and show off our LO :)

Glad they saw that everything was alright with your LO though! That must have been a relief!

Congratulations to everyone who's an eggplant! As of tomorrow, I officially graduate to Squash! :happydance: Feels like I've been an eggplant forever!

Work is REALLY busy... and I'm counting down the weeks/days till maternity leave starts!!

Ugh, $1600 is just uncool. When it comes down to that I'm happy that the UK isn't that far away. Last time from Amsterdam to Birmingham it only cost me £55.
I'm just a horrible person for being homesick, even though I talk to my dad once a week and my mum twice a week! Even my little sister phones me once a week! We're going to Holland in September to show off our baby!! It's extra exciting going out with the LO and show her to the whole family :)!

Edit: I've given up on the fruit tickers, they confuse me as they seem to go from bigger fruits to smaller fruits and back :p!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->