A Limbo thread...

BabyNo1.- Oh man I love chocolate, but I never used to eat much of it.Now I can't have it, guess what I want allllll the time.? haha. Good luck with your results hun.

yasmin13- Welcome :wave: :D

Barbles-aww so cute! I love the name Phoebe. And now the "not in Nottingham" song is running through my head. I'll have to watch it tonight. haha.

I only got tested for GD at 23 weeks because I have polycystic ovary syndrome which makes you far more likely to develop GD. And fair enough, I do have GD. xx

Lauki- I'll be leaving work after maternity leave, but that brings up the whole question of the thread I started lastnight. Will I have to pay the money back if I leave my job?
hmm I'm on 16 hour contract, only earn £92 a week and the contract doesn't give much information or help.. But me and OH have agreed that I'll be staying home to look after her, my wage wouldn't even cover childcare. Then when she's old enough to go to nursery etc I'm going to look into doing midwifery.

Am I the only one who thinks a fish finger sandwich sounds yucky?!:sick: They sell them in ASDA and every time I see them I want to run 10 miles in the opposite direction lol. I have a sore head, spent this morning on the couch watching Harry Potter lol had a sandwich for lunch but I think I'll need to sleep now, I feel really bad though because my housework is severly suffering! I mean, don't get me wrong, my house isn't disgusting or filthy but I really should tidy and clean a bit. Pregnancy gets me so lazy! Except when I'm nesting, I cannot WAIT for it! :happydance:

Thanks everyone. I'm having my GTT on Monday at 28 weeks. Its a mini one so I only need to fast for 2 hours. Not sure how long the results take but I hope I don't have GD.

Ceecee I enjoy cooking too... I've decided to bake when I am on maternity leave. I'm not a big baker but always loved the idea of making baked goodies for my little family :) I have lots of nephews and nieces so I will invite them over for baking parties... yay! So excited just thinking about it.

Lauki- I'll be leaving work after maternity leave, but that brings up the whole question of the thread I started lastnight. Will I have to pay the money back if I leave my job?
hmm I'm on 16 hour contract, only earn £92 a week and the contract doesn't give much information or help.. But me and OH have agreed that I'll be staying home to look after her, my wage wouldn't even cover childcare. Then when she's old enough to go to nursery etc I'm going to look into doing midwifery.

I think if you're getting that statutory payments whilst on maternity then you dont have to pay it back. One of my colleagues said she wasn't coming back close to when she was due back and she didn't pay anything.

Rachy, no you don't have to pay back maternity pay. The only case that would happen is if they paid you full wages, but since you only earn £92 a week, that won't be the case, so you've nothing to worry about! xxx

Am I the only one who thinks a fish finger sandwich sounds yucky?!:sick: They sell them in ASDA and every time I see them I want to run 10 miles in the opposite direction lol. I have a sore head, spent this morning on the couch watching Harry Potter lol had a sandwich for lunch but I think I'll need to sleep now, I feel really bad though because my housework is severly suffering! I mean, don't get me wrong, my house isn't disgusting or filthy but I really should tidy and clean a bit. Pregnancy gets me so lazy! Except when I'm nesting, I cannot WAIT for it! :happydance:

Ok ive heard of nesting, but what is it? xxx

Thankyou ladies. :hugs:
been worrying me a lot!
My fish sandwich is here, So i'll be back in a few mins ;)
xxxx

So I put extra light tesco mayo on the fish sandwich. I thought "ooh that's not bad" when I looked at the contents %s etc. And now I know why, It tasted gross.. The fish was lovely, the bread was lovely, but the mayo ruined it. Tasted like vinegar gone wrong :( bleurgh. Oh well. I still ate half of it. ;)

So I put extra light tesco mayo on the fish sandwich. I thought "ooh that's not bad" when I looked at the contents %s etc. And now I know why, It tasted gross.. The fish was lovely, the bread was lovely, but the mayo ruined it. Tasted like vinegar gone wrong :( bleurgh. Oh well. I still ate half of it. ;)

Ow no gutted, well I feel very sick now after that chinese I really shouldn't have eaten that, now I have to sit at work all afternoon feeling rubbish!! my tummy is all bloated and i'm so uncomfortable!:dohh:

aw hun, I feel a bit sick after that mayonaise. Tasted really weird.!
aw feel better soon, I'm so uncomfortable all the time these days. My ribs really hurt on one side because she often lies against them I think. So sooreeee.
Oh well happy 99 days by the way! I was at that stage just over 2 weeks ago and it's flown since then so I hope it does the same for you! :) xxxx

Goodness I left for 10 mins and we're two pages further along!! LOL

Can't stand mayo but gutted that it ruined your sandwich hun. I've got my GTT on Friday morning :) I'm not particularly worried about it as I have them every 6 months normally lol.

I can't wait to be on maternity leave and now our garden resembles a garden I intend on sitting in it in the sunshine lots lol. Only 21.5 working days left til maternity leave... oh yes bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31.5 working days left for me! And I still have 12 days annual leave to use! Yay!

aw hun, I feel a bit sick after that mayonaise. Tasted really weird.!
aw feel better soon, I'm so uncomfortable all the time these days. My ribs really hurt on one side because she often lies against them I think. So sooreeee.
Oh well happy 99 days by the way! I was at that stage just over 2 weeks ago and it's flown since then so I hope it does the same for you! :) xxxx

Thanks hun... I hope it starts to go faster now, leave work in 58 days, not that I'm counting down the days or anything ;)

Ceecee Im hoping to chill out in the garden too as soon as ML starts hopefully we will have nice weather for it...

Good luck with your GTT hun, and excited for maternity leave for you all. I feel like i'm already on mine because of how long i've been off sick for.! It's lovely to not worry about working though especially when you feel like crap. So i'll be looking forward for you girls. I'm off to have a bath now ladies, then to speak to my manager about maternity leave, then staying at OH's tonight. So i'll speak to you all tommorow If I don't pop on at his house.
Much love to you and your bumps :) xx

yum yum yum - I can recommend that fish finger sandwich ladies - wholemeal bread for healthiness and lettuce and tomatoes - all good!! Shame I had to follow it up with a kitkat!! :dohh: feeling happier this afternoon though :flower:

Hello ladies. PG with my second boy, having a section on 7.11.11. I know I'm a few days early, but here I am anyhow!

I hope you all are well!

Michele, nesting basically means cleaning lol. It's wanting to get your home spotless for the baby coming home. Some women don't get it but I'm so glad I did with Jayden and so hope I get it again, might motivate me to move my lazy ass :haha:

My 'friend' didn't get it and her son came home to a horrible flat, messy and dirty :( I tried to help her out but she wouldn't let me, now she's moved into a gorgeous house and let it get the same way, crap everywhere, nothing organised and extremely dirty. When they moved from the flat, they just moved everything instead of going through and seeing what was needed etc so just ended up with more shit when they moved into the new place!

This has turned into an awful rant lol but this is the same woman I was going on about in my rant about friends thread. She doesn't supervise her son and one day she 'found' him in the bottom tray of the dishwasher. Luckily for her, it was switched off. But she openly admitted that she smacked his bum - he was just turned 1yo. She shouts at him instead of trying to teach him right from wrong, I just don't want to be around her anymore as I can't stand they way she speaks to her son, I feel so bad for him. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->