A Limbo thread...

Was that painful? I always imagine the popping and cracking stuff to be painful :(

Well the doctor still hasnt called me... they make me so mad. I really need to chase them to get anything done! Grrr!

I'm tired of sitting at my desk pretending to do work... want to go home already!

No not painful they ask you to breathe in then they do it, it sounds worse than it is. If you can afford to see one I would recommend it, normally your midwife would be able to advise you on a good one.

I'm also pretending to work, the afternoon is dragging, just want to plonk myself on the sofa and have a nice cuddle with my hubby and dog...

Hmmm... might have to speak to the midwife.

It is dragging!! Thankfully it's Friday tomorrow and I have the afternoon off for my antenatal class.

Afternoon ladies xx:hi::hi::hi:
Sorry to hear about the strife Baby no.1 and Claire are having with their families. I really feel for u both there, as i'm having some crazy s**t going on with my sister and 2 brothers too. Families eh? they sure can mess u up:growlmad: Hope u both come to ome kind of resolution soon. As u no-one needs that stuff going on at any time let alone in pregnancy xxxxx

Hi Rachy xx sorry to hear about ur scan not going so fabulous, but please try not to let it worry u too much hunny. At least with GD and any diabetes, u get the extra care and support. Fxd cross next scan will go swimmingly for u. And its great news about not needing any meds so far, so thats good news:thumbup: xxxx

Right will need to have another read thru, as its been about 10 pages since this morning and i have brain freeze and cant retain much info lol. But i hope all u ladies are having a lovely afternoon and taking things easy hugs xxxx

Hi Ladies!

what a great thread! I cannot wait until I can officially make the transition into 3rd trimester (one more week!)...I feel as though I too have outgrown 2nd trimester but am sooooo afraid of labor and delivery which is what is most talked about over here...either way, can't wait to take the next step! HOpe to join you all soon xx

Is anyone reading up on hypobirthing? I find it helps me to think of the labour in a more positive way...

whats a maternity belt?

Its like an elasticated adjustable belt, I bought one when my back was hurting but I find it really uncomfortable!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003TS8...ve=22134&creativeASIN=B003TS8ML4&linkCode=asn

This is the kind of thing...

Is anyone reading up on hypobirthing? I find it helps me to think of the labour in a more positive way...

I haven't read about it yet, but I've heard it is really effective. I know somebody who tried it and it worked for her!

Do you know if you can get that on NHS? I called the hospital and they can book me in for a physio class on Monday... but I hate having to ask for time off :( I always have to build myself up before asking my manager.

Ok ladies ... It's taken me forever to write but what are your thoughts on this - my grievance letter to my boss. Please be honest as I don't want to look like a tool when I email it to him!!

Dear Mr 'Boss',

I am writing this email to you to raise my concerns about certain issues. I would like to say before outlining my concerns that they do not reflect on you and that I am trying to conduct my actions fairly and honestly.

My first concern is that I still haven’t received a risk assessment relating to my pregnancy within the workplace. Having been officially made aware of my pregnancy in writing at 20 weeks, I have to admit I’m slightly worried that this procedure has not yet been conducted. I do realise that you are an extremely busy man, however, this risk assessment is a legal requirement and I do not want you to find yourself in trouble legally because we have not conducted it.

I have read through some Risk Assessment legislation and find that a lot of the risk assessment factors do not apply to me. I believe the only ones that do are outlined below –

· Lone Working

· No rest area available to take rest periods in

· Workstation becoming difficult to use with correct posture

I’m sure you will agree that the points I have outlined should make for a short risk assessment and that hopefully we can rectify these issues forthwith. I do realise that due to staff shortages lone working has recently been inevitable. However I am reaching a stage in my pregnancy where I no longer feel comfortable working alone for the majority of the time and would have hoped that alternative arrangements could have been made. Also through lone working, I cannot feasibly take rest periods as I am required 'front of house' for customers. Furthermore, there isn't anywhere in the office area to have a rest period.

I am finding that my back is suffering as I believe that my work station no longer accommodates my growing bump. I have had to alter my natural posture to fit around the desk and I believe that has put excess pressure on my joints.

My second concern is that although we have now agreed that I have been paid below the minimum wage since commencing my employment with the company, I haven't received any action statements in writing or a new contract to confirm what will be happening in regards to receiving back pay and also confirming my new hours of work. I believe this is vitally important for your own sake as my contract still states hours of work and rates of pay which are not on par with the National minimum wage and I would hate for this to cause any further trouble. Also, as you are fully aware, my maternity leave commences in six weeks and as yet you still haven't informed me of the total monies owed to myself and when I should receive them. Again, I am fully aware of the state of the business finances and would not expect the monies owed in a lump sum however, I feel it only fair that I should be consulted on when I should receive the money and in what increments. Being honest as I promised at the start of this email, I would prefer to receive the increments in increments over two months wages. I believe this could be a solution agreeable to both of us.

I am sorry that it has come to writing this email however, due to how quickly my maternity leave is coming around I would like all of these issues rectified before then and at the moment, I fear that they may not be concluded sufficiently before that date. I would like to re-iterate that my concerns are not a reflection on you but that I feel perhaps this email might gently prompt you to complete the actions that have been put off.

I sincerely hope that our working reltionship remains productive, professional and above all, friendly.

Ok ladies - is this ok? Any suggestions??

I haven't read about it yet, but I've heard it is really effective. I know somebody who tried it and it worked for her!

DH thinks its silly but I really want to try and keep the birth as natural as possible.

Hi CeeCee x
i like it:thumbup:, its polite and puts ur points across succintly hun. Fxd this will get him off his backside and sorts/help u out in the interim xxx:flower:

Thanks ladies, I'm off tomorrow and monday and only in work after MW apoointment on Tuesday so I'm hoping that by the time I come in around 10ish on Tuesday he will have had time to reflect and sort!! Thanks for your input XXX

Thanks yasmin :) I'm going to send it in tomorrow morning and then he has all weekend to reflect on it lol and also as I'm a complete chicken and petrified of confrontation I won't have to see him!!

CeeCee, that sounds perfect :thumbup: You've put your points across clearly and fairly, and in a non-judgemental way (which would have been really hard for me!!). I hope the email gets it all resolved for you.

Samira- hope your midwife appointment went well and that you'll feel better soon.

Claire- sounds like you're in a tricky situation there. I have a friend whose sister took advantage in the same way as your sister is doing to you. She had to get her mum in so the three of them could have a sit down and talk about it all rationally. Sounds like it might be easier said than done with your sister though :nope:

How is everyone else doing? This thread can be really hard to keep up with and to take in everyone's news!

I'm proper tired today- didn't sleep at all well last night. I seem to be wrestling with my pregnancy pillow in the night. When I wake up in the morning half the time, it's been thrown on the floor lol :blush:

i know this is way off the subject.. but does anyone else get pains near the ribs? i think i might be expanding or something but baby is still kicking :)

Great letter CeeCee!

Misstrouble, yep Ive been getting rib pain since 18 weeks. Bloody hurts! Im awaiting physio.

Sorry Ive not been vocal lately, having a low day :(

Thanks waitin4astork :) I hope it sorts it out to as I'm scared stiff on confrontation lol. I just feel it's reached a point where I've had enough of moaning about it lol.

Claire - I have only just caught up on all the posts --- eeeep!!! Sisters eh? I had to have it out with my sister about 6 weeks ago as we were having tissues and issues! In the end it took my DH sitting down with her and telling her some home truths and eventually we sorted out our differences. However, having had a friend who sounds a bit like your sister, sometimes you can't talk to people and get them to be rational. Just remember not to stres syourself out about it because ultimately you're the pregnant one and she has nothing to worry about.

Misstrouble - I get rib pain every couple of days. It's mostly muscular pain where bubs is growing and making everything else push up and out. It's a complete pain (no pun intended) but there's not much you can do about it XXX Big hugs and hopefully its not too painful for you XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->