A Limbo thread...

I think symptoms are having glucose in your urine (which should be checked at every appointment), being extremely thirsty and having to pee excessively (even more than a 'normal' pregnant woman does ;)).

I was very high risk but had my results this morning and I'm fine. I never felt any different either so I really doubted I had it, I hope you'll be okay too Barbles :).

Aww no CeeCee. Well at least you know and can get it sorted now. Can I ask, did you have any symptoms or how were you high risk? I have my GTT next week but feel pretty fine so dont think I have it but Im not overly sure of the symptoms.
Glad to have you back.

Ive been eating shop bought coleslaw, I thought it was fine too. And Im so going to have a tuna sandwich for lunch now, it sounds yummy to me!! x

Hi sweetie!! I've always had naturally very high blood sugar levels and been borderline diabetic. Since I was about 13 I've had to have GTT every 6ish months. The only things I noticed were that I was constantly thirsty and that I was getting some blurred vision but other than that nothing really! I pretty much guessed I would have it but actually knowing I have it was a big shock if that makes sense lol. Although DH is being an absolute hero, he's going to follow my GD diet with me and do the finger prick tests for me cos I'm a big wimp. I don't know what I would do without him XXX

It does go away right after giving birth though? Of course it makes sense that it was a big shock, it's never nice to know something's going on in your body that shouldn't really be happening. Luckily you'll get great guidance :). Does this mean you also get growth scans etc? At least you'd get to see your baby more often ;)!

Yay for your husband, he's great! I hope the diet will be okay! Do you just have to cut down on carbs or sugar?

Well my pee was checked a week ago and it was fine, Im not really thirsty (though I dont drink as much as I should :dohh:) and I do pee a lot but Im pregnant :shrug:. Ive not been able to concentrate as well these days and Ive got a habit of spinning out in supermarkets these days but I think thats just the lights in there

TBH I think Im fine too, Im only being checked because of my BMI, no-one has actually said Im high risk of it or anything.

Bring on lunch time, I am hank marvin now!! xx

Sorry about the GD Ceecee :(

How did it go with your boss? Heard anything back?

Coleslaw - love the stuff! I had some a few weeks ago and read about it not being recommended afterwards (only the store bought ones).

It's hard isn't it when there are so many lists circulating about what you should and should not eat. Sometimes I don't know what to do because I don't want to take that chance either.

Sorry about the GD Ceecee :(

How did it go with your boss? Heard anything back?

Coleslaw - love the stuff! I had some a few weeks ago and read about it not being recommended afterwards (only the store bought ones).

It's hard isn't it when there are so many lists circulating about what you should and should not eat. Sometimes I don't know what to do because I don't want to take that chance either.

Thanks yasmin - I sent him the email on friday morning... I asked this morning if he had received an email from me and he claims not to have received anything!! Silly man!! So shall see what today holds and then print it off and slap it on his desk this afternoon! :)

Well my pee was checked a week ago and it was fine, Im not really thirsty (though I dont drink as much as I should :dohh:) and I do pee a lot but Im pregnant :shrug:. Ive not been able to concentrate as well these days and Ive got a habit of spinning out in supermarkets these days but I think thats just the lights in there

TBH I think Im fine too, Im only being checked because of my BMI, no-one has actually said Im high risk of it or anything.

Bring on lunch time, I am hank marvin now!! xx

Lol I'm starving but not entirely sure what I should be eating lol!! You'll hopefully be absolutely fine barbles :) XXX

Hmmm... playing dumb is he? Yep I think you should fwd it to him again and give him a hardcopy! Can't believe he thinks he can get away with saying 'I didn't get the mail!'

Welcome back CeeCee! Sorry to hear about your GTT but at least it's being monitored now :) How did you get on with your boss - hope everything is ok?
Do they only test you for GTT if they find glucose in your urine as I've not been given or offered a test?
Ohhh nearly lunchtime - I'm starving today too! Chicken and salad pitta bread for me - yummm!!!
I'm feeling a bit sad today as my lovely husband goes on his business trip tomorrow for 10 days :cry: - he's missing all the Easter bank holidays and the royal wedding, I'm gutted :cry:
Good job I have you ladies on here!! :hugs:

It does go away right after giving birth though? Of course it makes sense that it was a big shock, it's never nice to know something's going on in your body that shouldn't really be happening. Luckily you'll get great guidance :). Does this mean you also get growth scans etc? At least you'd get to see your baby more often ;)!

Yay for your husband, he's great! I hope the diet will be okay! Do you just have to cut down on carbs or sugar?

Lol no idea on the carbs and sugars front have to see what they tell me tonight at the hospital. Midwife said there's all the chance it will disappear after the birth but that there is a possibility of contracting diabetes type 2. We do get the extra growth scans though :) Midwife also said that she doubts that they'll let me go past 38 weeks but definitely not past 40. So at least I can be please I won't be overdue I guess! XXX

So you might end up having your baby before me as I'm sure I'll be at least 2 weeks overdue ;)!

Hopefulheath - Some women get offered the test because they have a high BMI, because they have a family history of diabetes or like me have Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome! I'm sure there's more reasons, but if you are not high risk and they never detect any glucose in your urine there's no need for them to offer you the test.

Aw sorry about the GD CeeCee but glad the MW reassured you and also woo for not being able to go overdue!

Im back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off sick with what turned out to be pneumonia. Im worried I will have forgotten everything!!!! :wacko:

Welcome back CeeCee! Sorry to hear about your GTT but at least it's being monitored now :) How did you get on with your boss - hope everything is ok?
Do they only test you for GTT if they find glucose in your urine as I've not been given or offered a test?
Ohhh nearly lunchtime - I'm starving today too! Chicken and salad pitta bread for me - yummm!!!
I'm feeling a bit sad today as my lovely husband goes on his business trip tomorrow for 10 days :cry: - he's missing all the Easter bank holidays and the royal wedding, I'm gutted :cry:
Good job I have you ladies on here!! :hugs:

Hi hun :) Not everybody is offered it. It depends on a number of factors like BMI, 'natural risk' (Which is what I was tested for lol), whether it runs in your family or not... loads of things. If your doctors haven't ordered a test hun I wouldn't worry, they obviously think your low risk.

Oh no on your hubby's sucky business trip!! Hopefully the days will pass by REALLY quickly! XXX Big Hugs XXX

Aw sorry about the GD CeeCee but glad the MW reassured you and also woo for not being able to go overdue!

Im back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off sick with what turned out to be pneumonia. Im worried I will have forgotten everything!!!! :wacko:

Pneumonia?!!! Crikey lady! You go all out with pregnancy illnesses don't you? Glad you're feeling better now and woo on not going overdue indeed. Just want LO to be ok, I don't care about me just her XXX

Pneumonia?!!! Crikey lady! You go all out with pregnancy illnesses don't you? Glad you're feeling better now and woo on not going overdue indeed. Just want LO to be ok, I don't care about me just her XXX

I KNOW!!!! :rofl: So far Ive had a UTI, anaemia, tonsillitis which then ended up in pneumonia!!!!!! Obviously pregnancy doesnt quite agree with me as it does others. Never mind, only 11 weeks to go (or 10 if LO does what she is told and comes on my birthday).

Poor you!

My MIL was told she would be induced on her birthday, she refused and said that no way she'd be sharing her birthday with my hubby. So he was born the day after ;).
I'm only 4 days after my mum too, it's nice to be able to have a party together!

Oh I would absolutely LOVE it if Alice was born on my birthday! It would make it even more special and we could have joint parties until she gets older and therefore too cool to share her birthday party with her old mum :rofl:

Im just hoping she doesnt come on July 2nd. That's my niece's birthday, she will be 10. She's already said she will not be happy if I give birth on that day!!!!!! She's not handling the arrival of her new cousin very well methinks.

Afternoon folks! Sorry to hear about your GD CeeCee, hope you manage to get plenty of information! I'm pretty high risk too so am dreading my GTT in 3 and a half weeks... I am thirsty and pee a lot, plus I'm permanently shattered. Difficult to know whether that's because of GD or because I'm pregnant and don't have enough sleep though! I've been doing a lot of research to start controlling my diet now 'just in case' and most people seem to think that with diet and exercise it can be easily kept under control. Plus my friend had it last year with her daughter and little Penelope still arrived naturally, a normal weight, without being induced at 40w+1d. The only real problem my pal had was that she couldn't eat her easter eggs :) I'd be really interested if you could keep us updated, I've put something on the gestational complications thread but have been ignored, lol.

Barbles: hope you got a decent Blaine fix last night. I shall be catching up with my Glees and other girly programmes over the bank hols as hubby is working on most of them. Booo. I am also now planning a royal wedding tea party with cupcakes and some Union Jack bunting :D

MrsPOP: pneumonia?! :O Hope you're ok now.

Blaine was particularly yummy last night, hope you enjoyed it Barbles.

Im much better now Vicki thanks. Nothing 2 weeks straight of antibiotics, a steroid inhaler and sitting on my fat arse couldnt fix!!!!! I can manage to get up the stairs easier now and can talk without spluttering in people's faces :haha: Im still coughing a bitbut it can take 6 weeks for pneumonia to really disappear. Im going to find that skanky patient who coughed in my face and gave me this and kick their ass!!!!!! :grr:

sorry about the GD CeeCee, i have my GTT next wk due to my PCOS, at least MW wil be b able to advise you on how to manage it. im dreading mine!

Aww no Mrs P it turned out to be pneumonia! no winder u felt so ill hun.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->