A Limbo thread...

Ceecee glad to hear you're dealing with it well. I have my GTT test today and I am so scared... I hate needles and often pass out too. I wish I hadn't told hubby not to come to this one :(

Best advice I can give you hun is just don't look at the needles! Ask the nurse when you walk in to tell you when she'll be getting the needles out so that you can close your eyes. That trick works wonders for me :) As for the actual test itself, the drink they give you just tastes a bit like tangy orange squash. It really isn't bad at all, in fact I quite enjoyed it lol. I would suggest talking a bottle of water with you though as your mouth will get really dry in between the two blood tests but honestly, it really isn't that bad sweetie :) You will be fine.

Another trick I use during blood tests is to sing to myself (in my head obviously!)
"Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro, can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow? Can you throw them..." Well you catch my drift lol the blood test has always finished before I can get to the end of the song. I find it helps me to concentrate on something else :) Sounds silly but works for me!!

XXX

Lol love the singing!

I think I only have 1 blood test. I'm having the mini GTT and only need to fat for two hours before the test. i was told to have lucozade an hour before I turn up for the test.

I was so freaked out last time they took blood that I had two nurses talking to me to keep my mind of it and they used what they called the baby needles.

What makes it worse for me is that I have thin veins so sometimes I get prodded more than once. :( Oh I feel sick thinking about it.

If it's any consolation I ended up having to have blood taken from near my right elbow as they couldn't get any other vein to come up and she missed that vein twice lol when I had to have blood taken again after the 2 hours I wondered where the hell she was going to get it from lol. You'll be fine sweetie and lucozade is good! Apple lucozade is my fave!! Honestly hun, just think of your fave song or a silly song or something like that and before you know it they'll have finished :) xxx

urgh shhhhhhhhhhh! blood tests and me do not go!!!!!!!! my WORST ive ever had was when i went to egypt!

clever samira looked at the needle n though "hmmm thats big" so i watched and in it went! all the way into my arm! and off i went!!! was so close to fainting! i had to sit n wait to be able to go home lol! so blood tests i try so hard to look away....but theres this little gremlin that wants to watch what this woman is doing prodding in my arm!!!!

The elbow??? Oh man!!! I felt a bit lightheaded when I read that! Maybe we should stop talking about it... Lol I dont want to 'forget' my appt!!!

Seriously I do hate them but I do it so that baby is alright. Hubby knows that if I wasnt pregnant they wouldn't get anywhere near me!

The elbow??? Oh man!!! I felt a bit lightheaded when I read that! Maybe we should stop talking about it... Lol I dont want to 'forget' my appt!!!

Seriously I do hate them but I do it so that baby is alright. Hubby knows that if I wasnt pregnant they wouldn't get anywhere near me!

Honestly hun you will be fine - just remember "Do your ears hang low..."

urgh shhhhhhhhhhh! blood tests and me do not go!!!!!!!! my WORST ive ever had was when i went to egypt!

clever samira looked at the needle n though "hmmm thats big" so i watched and in it went! all the way into my arm! and off i went!!! was so close to fainting! i had to sit n wait to be able to go home lol! so blood tests i try so hard to look away....but theres this little gremlin that wants to watch what this woman is doing prodding in my arm!!!!

Lol I can honestly say the gremlin has never surfaced for me ha ha. I just forewarn them I'm not good with needles and unless they want a passed out patient that they need to give me warning of whats happening lol. I can honestly say the worst thing I've had was a lumbar puncture and although it doesn't actually hurt (the anaesthetic did but the actual procedure didn't) it was awful seeing the funny tube sticking out of my back lol. I wondered why they couldn't have faced me the other way away from the mirror lol!! xxx

Thanks ladies for your advice, I'm going back tomorrow so I'll see how I go :) Like I said, my work are being pretty good so I hope it's not as bad as I'm imagining!

Good luck today yasmin, needles are never nice are they? :hugs: luckily I'm ok with them but it's never a pleasant experience lol. good tip about the singing though :thumbup:

I really need to find some nice long tops that I can wear over the bump, everything I have seems to ride up over my belly, which is not nice :haha: any tips? xxx

Thanks ladies for your advice, I'm going back tomorrow so I'll see how I go :) Like I said, my work are being pretty good so I hope it's not as bad as I'm imagining!

Good luck today yasmin, needles are never nice are they? :hugs: luckily I'm ok with them but it's never a pleasant experience lol. good tip about the singing though :thumbup:

I really need to find some nice long tops that I can wear over the bump, everything I have seems to ride up over my belly, which is not nice :haha: any tips? xxx

Hi sweetie - I've found new look maternity vest tops tend to be longer but I'm only 5 foot 6. I'm wearing a vest top from there at the moment and it's plenty long enough :) HTH XXX

I got some dresses from asos which I wear with leggings. They're comfy too :)

I also bought some cheap tops from primark... the stretchy ones. They cover my bump and stretch as I get bigger.

I got a couple of vests from Peacocks which were pretty good, but I don't know why but they seem to be shorter now?!? Very strange lol. I'm only 5ft 5in so not tall by any means but I think I'll buy tops from the tall tange in shops to cover the bump properly lol xxx

Hey guys, how is everyone? I know there's no chance of me catching up 5 days' worth of posts in this thread so I hope you're all doing good!!

I had my GTT yesterday actually, and all came back normal :) In a weird way, it was almost enjoyable (apart from the needles obviously!). Once I had the first sample taken and I downed the sugary stuff (mine was clear?!), I had 2 hours of watching Daybreak, Jeremy Kyle and This Morning whilst sat in a comfy reclining chair with 2 other women. I wanted to take the chair home actually ;) The only thing missing was a brew and biscuit lol.

yay ive booked my scan! well moved the date...was so difficult to get a date!!!!!!!! i couldnt do the original sat coz OH is working all over bank hol weekend now and then i couldnt do the week day late dates they do as im fishing and then they were full...then my mum couldnt do another late date as its her wedding anni and then MIL was away the sat after........so nopw its booked for the 11th May at 7.35 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! il be 29+5 so still gives room for a re-scan if baby isnt cooperative yay!!!!!!!!!! x

OH OH OH OH EVEN MORE GOOD NEWS! I just got the 100% confirmed ive been picked for the magazine article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooop im so excited! and scared LOL .................me in a bikini right now isnt amazing! gona have to start exfoliating, wax the bush i have growing....which i cant even see, tan! OMG! x

I got some dresses from asos which I wear with leggings. They're comfy too :)

I also bought some cheap tops from primark... the stretchy ones. They cover my bump and stretch as I get bigger.

Ooooo...dresses with leggings? That sounds great! I haven't seen any here in the states. I'm jealous! :)

OH OH OH OH EVEN MORE GOOD NEWS! I just got the 100% confirmed ive been picked for the magazine article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooop im so excited! and scared LOL .................me in a bikini right now isnt amazing! gona have to start exfoliating, wax the bush i have growing....which i cant even see, tan! OMG! x

LOL at "wax the bush" Congrats though! That's great!!

I have been gone for 2 days, so there is no way I will be able to catch up with all these posts!

How is everyone? Did I miss anything exciting?

Ooh Samira, that's SO exciting!
Girls- we now all know a famous model ;)

hahaha i wish!!! its an article on how you are happier in your skin when pregs and then its a shoot in bikinis to go with it :S scary!!!!!

Congrats Samira that's great! Do we know which magazine it is yet? I get Pregnancy & Birth every month but am willing to buy another one to keep an eye out for your supermodel bump!

I got my results from my glucose test and it came back with slightly low sugar levels...My baby is taking all my sugar....My sugars were 88. Has anyone gotten the test recently and what were your sugars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->