A Limbo thread...

I dont mind being sick, Im quite happy to have been signed off work!!!!! Although feel guilty coz phoned my colleague to do one small favour and she sounded so pissed off with me:(

Jellytot, my mum loves them bras. She had a breast op last year and they were the only thing that felt comfortable on her.I like M&S 2 pack underwired normal bras too, much more comfier that maternity bras.

Well I'm so bored I decided to take a picture of my bump and me at work lol its a pretty bad picture but best I could do with hiding my phone under my desk!! Only 50 mins left of work to go thank god!!!!!

Attachments

• jpeg.jpg
    jpeg.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 3
I think its a precautionary thing hun as you don't know whats touched them in store but I'm probably wrong thinking that lol that was my logic anyways!! More knowledgable ladies - discuss and reveal!! Barbles, Jellytot3 and ClaireMuir123 - you all have kiddies already - why do you wash clothes first?????? X

I wash the clothes first because if you think about it, how many different peoples hands have they touched? :sick: The idea of some scrubber who doesnt wash their hands touching my kids clothes scares me lol. Also, they are in factories and storage where they could pick up all sorts of chemicals/smells/substances. I put a new dress on my eldest at Christmas which I hadnt washed and she came out in a rash by her neck. Once it had been washed it was fine. x
:laundry:

Thanks Jellytot... Oh dear I hadn't thought of that, I'd thought of new clothes as clean....aghhh I'm a bad mum already!!!

CeeCee - love your dress!!!

Lauki im telling you off for painting!!!!!!!!! all hard work must be done by OH lol!!!! ive told chris that I am his for"wom"man when we get home to make the house babyfied! i cant wait!!!! gona pre-buy loads of piccy frames too to cover the house in family pics!!!! canne wait! x

:D! My dad and stepmum actually painted the walls. I did what's shown on the pictures!

Would never leave that to the 'not so very artistic no sense of colors or shapes'-husband ;)! :happydance:

Attachments

• DSC00488.jpg
    DSC00488.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00489.jpg
    DSC00489.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00490.jpg
    DSC00490.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2
The mystery of washing clothes before wear has been answered - cheers jellytot :) And this dress is about 5 years old lol its from DP's but thought as it stretched I may be able to get away with it for maternity wear :) and you're not a bad mother Hopeful heath - tsk!! Lauki - loving the flutterbyes!! XXX

I'm totally in love with butterflies! It's something I've always wanted in my room, but never got round to it. Now I'm having a girly I really felt I should go for it now!
On the pullout boxes in her wardrobe (which is actually a bookcase :D) I've also put butterflies and they'll be all around the room if it's up to me!
For me they just stand for this transition in life where you go for a young unexperienced girl to a beautiful woman. I can't have enough of them around me ;)!

As for maternity leave. I've not work since February, as I was on temporary contracts and they ditched me as soon as they found out I was pregnant. I must admit it's getting fairly boring now, but it also gives me loooads of time for nesting and sorting and cleaning and doing all the things I want to do before our baby is here.
It's unbelievable how many things you can come up with that you want sorted.
On one hand I'm happy now that I can be a fulltime mum when the baby's born, on the other hand it can be very lonely to sit home alone for such a long time. Since I moved to the UK only 2.5 years ago I don't really have any friends here (except my MIL, yes she's actually lovely and I'm blessed with her :)). So I'm hoping this will change as soon as my baby is here and I perhaps meet a lot of other mums!

A MIL who's nice? Blimey thats unusual lol. So where are you from originally Lauki? X

I'm from the Netherlands! So the shift to the UK wasn't that big as I spoke English very well and the community/way of life is very similar.

I do realise I'm very blessed with my MIL! She says she'll always be there for us, but she'll never show up uninvited and never tries to make decisions for us. But whenever I/we need her she'll be right up and help out :). So I just keep praising her to everyone :D!

Yeah, I agree with Jellytot on the washing clothes thing. Plus, in the summer you get the chance to hang them all out on the line - cutest thing in the world :cloud9: xxx

HI ladies, I am new here. I really like the idea of a limbo place to ease my way into 3 tri.
I am 28 weeks tomorrow. This is baby #3 and my second boy.

Seems like you guys are talking about the nursery right now and mine is not set up at all. they baby will share our room until he's big enough to share with big brother. I do have a big room so a crib and rocker and all that will fit but I have nothing set up yet. I knwo I better get a move on but we have to rearrange and clear some book shelves and stuff out and it seems like there is no time to get anyof that done.

Has anyone had their baby shower yet? I never had one with my first two so I'm exctied to have one this time. My best friend and I have prego together so we are having a shower together. So much fun, it's this sunday and I can't wait.

Im not having a baby shower, some people have offered but cant be bothered with it!

Not having a babyshower! Honestly never heard of it before I came on here ;). Guess it's still very much an American thing to do!

Awwww yeah that sounds lovely, all the little clothes on a line, I can picture it now!!!

No shower for me, but I don't know anyone who's had one either, christening or naming parties are more common over here and even they are not for everyone.

Oooh I can't wait till the weather is good for a whole day and hang all the baby clothes out :D That will be brilliant to see :)!

It's really so sweet to see them on the line! My son was born in march 08 and it snowed just before he was born so I didn't get them out til summer, but the clothes were all still so small, sweetest thing ever!

I'm not having a baby shower either, might have a girls night in the summer though and do baby related things but nothing like the Americans do it :) xxx

Oooh I can't wait till the weather is good for a whole day and hang all the baby clothes out :D That will be brilliant to see :)!

Take pictures when you do it! It'll make such a cute shot!!

Take pictures when you do it! It'll make such a cute shot!!

I will so do that! All the cute little onesies and babygros and vests :), I can't wait! I'm thinking of doing it somewhere in May on a very sunny day ! :happydance:

Really hope I've not gone TOO overboard with buying babyclohtes. But I just keep telling myself it's the first time and I'm allowed to enjoy it :D!

think im gonna give the baby shower idea a miss too, seen someone hav an idea on here of a "welcome to the world party" when bubs is here so...i'm thinking i may just do that one :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->