A little embarrassed maybe TMI

FarmersWife5

Reaction score
I am sorry if this is a little TMI, but I am worried and need some advice. Monday I had a pap done at my OB appointment. Well.. I haven't noticed that anything was wrong, and she said everything looked normal.

The nurse called me this morning, that the pap came back normal, however I do have a little yeast infection. And said she would sent a prescription to pharmacy for me.

Well... I just got to thinking and last night DH & I had oral.. I am so worried that he is going to get a yeast infection in his mouth now. :blush: He didn't mention anything seeming funky, and I honestly didn't notice anything either..

What are the odds of him getting it in his mouth? I feel so embarrassed. My poor DH will probably we scared to go down there again.

Its a strong possibility. Ask for an oral tablet for DH.

Im just wondering why the nurse wouldn't of mentioned that DH may also need the medication? They do know we are married, and he comes to all my appointments. This isn't a big practice, so they know us. Should I just call back and ask if DH needs the medication also?

Okay ladies, I called back and asked. And was told no, that he doesn't need to be treated..that is normally just in women, and not be worried. and I would just take 1 pill and should solve the problem. Guess I am confused now, because what I read online said they could get it.. I guess I'll just take there advice, because what do I know? And watch for any signs/symptoms in the DH.

Men can get yeast infections too... Sounds like your doc office isn't informed. Id just wait and see.

I probably am wrong but I always thought the type of yeast infection you get in your mouth is different from down below. If it was me I'd be more worried about him catching it down below...I'm sure hes fine! Dont scare him off ;)

Hope you recover soon!x

I recently had to take medication for a bad yeast infection I had gotten after finishing my bv medication. I was worried about the same thing too except I was afraid mine would get one down there :blush: . But my doctor told me that althouh its possible it isn't likely he has one because women get yeast infections from just an upset in their natural bacteria while men work a little differently. I really wouldn't worry about it! I finished my two pills (yes I ended up needing two) and that was the end of it. Just make sure you refrain from engaging in any forms of baby dancing for 3-5 days and it will most likely clear up (unless of course you need another dose!). If he ended up getting a yeast infection down there then (as I've been told by a man) he would rather it fall off then endure another day.

Every time I get one DH gets one too.

Actually at our place, as soon as a person is diagnosed with yeast infection, treatment is given to the sexual partner too whether or not affected. (as blanket treatment,they say)

So it'll be good to have him treated too,irrelevant of the mode of sex you're having

I hope you're both doing OK! I would have DH treated, just in case. Better safe than sorry, right?

I hope you're both doing OK! I would have DH treated, just in case. Better safe than sorry, right?

Hey we are both fine! I actually had no idea I even had it.. no signs/symptoms. The nurse said they just saw a little bit/developing.. I just took 1 pill for it.. and they said not to worry about DH, that itd be rare for him to get it from me.. so idk. I am just going to take there advice, and if we notice anything call back. thank you

I recently had to take medication for a bad yeast infection I had gotten after finishing my bv medication. I was worried about the same thing too except I was afraid mine would get one down there :blush: . But my doctor told me that althouh its possible it isn't likely he has one because women get yeast infections from just an upset in their natural bacteria while men work a little differently. I really wouldn't worry about it! I finished my two pills (yes I ended up needing two) and that was the end of it. Just make sure you refrain from engaging in any forms of baby dancing for 3-5 days and it will most likely clear up (unless of course you need another dose!). If he ended up getting a yeast infection down there then (as I've been told by a man) he would rather it fall off then endure another day.

Thank you!! This made me feel better. Im hoping I just need the 1 pill, as I had no signs/symptoms that I noticed of even having it!! I had my pap done and they said they noticed a small yeast infection.. So it must of just started, because I have none of the normal symptoms. But going to keep on eye on DH and if he complains or we notice anything, let them know.. They also told me not worry, and I trust them so I'll stick with that for now.

I have had multiple yeast infections and my partners have not had an issue as well. Maybe it depends on the strain of infection that they caution it for partners.

As a PP said, vaginas have the perfect enviorment for culturing a yeast infection. A mouth... no so much.

Maybe TMI but I used to be VERY prone to yeast infections (my doctor suggested cutting out carbs, tried it for 6 months and saw no improvement... guess I'm just yeasty!) And my gyno told me not to worry about BDing and what not.

I'd be more worried about the medication hurting the baby than about the yeast hurting your hubby LOL. And the little pill is a miracle worker.... less than 24 hours and all signs of yeast vanish.

Yeast infections in the mouth are very rare in people with healthy immune systems. He should be fine in that respect.

However, if you've also been having sex, then he should get some over the counter cream (monistat) and use it on his parts, to fight yeast there (which is common and a great way to get yourself reinfected).

A natural remedy is to take baths with a cup or two of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in.

If you want your partner to take medication too, I would recommend a single dose of Fluconazole. Then he would need to take just a single tablet and he would be protected too.

Plus,that would protect him from infection down there as well as mouth and prevent any chance of re-infection for you :)

Once,when we suspected I had yeast infection, both of us took single dose of Fluconazole each and I never got again(*touchwood*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->