A little something to remember. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love these posts this is what Christmas is really about.

It's so true some kids have far to much and at the other end of the scale some far too little.

When I look at some of those massive bundles I wonder where people put it all?
This year as always I am trying to follow the saying partly because I want him to have a nice sized bundle so that means things to open that aren't just toys so he has new swim stuff to open, and if I can find a suitable duvet cover he'll have that too, but does jigsaws that are a little bigger than the ones he has mastered qualify as something he needs or something he wants?

If he had a sibling then he would undoubtably get less than he gets. But then there would be more than just one bundle of presents, some toys would be passed on to the little one, others would be toys and games to share. He would have a friend to share the joy of presents. Instead the ones he has out grown end up cluttering up the house in my dreams that one day he will have a little sibling to pass them on to.

i do love the idea of involving kids in the pre Christmas clear out but then how do you say "I'm going to put these things in a cupboard out of the way incase you have a little brother or sister?" Sorry for being on a downer but this is the 3rd Christmas I've asked Santa to bring me a new baby to share next Christmassome things in life you just can't buy.

It's so true some kids have far to much and at the other end of the scale some far too little.

This year as always I am trying to follow the saying partly because I want him to have a nice sized bundle so that means things to open that aren't just toys so he has new swim stuff to open, and if I can find a suitable duvet cover he'll have that too, but does jigsaws that are a little bigger than the ones he has mastered qualify as something he needs or something he wants?

If he had a sibling then he would undoubtably get less than he gets. But then there would be more than just one bundle of presents, some toys would be passed on to the little one, others would be toys and games to share. He would have a friend to share the joy of presents. Instead the ones he has out grown end up cluttering up the house in my dreams that one day he will have a little sibling to pass them on to.

i do love the idea of involving kids in the pre Christmas clear out but then how do you say "I'm going to put these things in a cupboard out of the way incase you have a little brother or sister?" Sorry for being on a downer but this is the 3rd Christmas I've asked Santa to bring me a new baby to share next Christmassome things in life you just can't buy.

:hugs:

Red thank you so much for that hug, you've made me cry, I know how much you want a little person in your life. Hope you are doing ok.

i do love the idea of involving kids in the pre Christmas clear out but then how do you say "I'm going to put these things in a cupboard out of the way incase you have a little brother or sister?" Sorry for being on a downer but this is the 3rd Christmas I've asked Santa to bring me a new baby to share next Christmassome things in life you just can't buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I find it quite easy to minimize presents because I know I don't have the space to keep it in a 2 bed terraced :(

Yeah I think the more difficult jigsaws count as a need, anything you think. Like I said, my daughters 'need' this year includes new pens, it's not something she would think to ask for and she deffo uses them a lot, her Crayola ones from last year have lasted nearly a year so I pay a little more for them so they last rather than cheapo ones and replace them more often.

You're not being a downer- big hugs for you, LTTTC must be difficult and I know the Christmas period can be hard when you have a lot on your mind. Hopefully your Christmas wish comes true this year, and maybe your LO will have a little brother or sister by next Christmas. :hugs:

Huge hugs. I experienced LTTTC, although I already had more than 1 baby at that point it doesn't make it any easier. DS4 is my long awaited baby. We started trying pretty quickly after DS3, I didn't even go back on birth control, yet we have over 3 and a half years between them.
I truly hope you get to experience the disbelief of a positive test after years of waiting and hoping.
For both you, tommyg and redfraggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g