A long term weight loss thread

Oh I wanted to add that I tried a strawberry onion on Easter. It was awesome and I typically won't eat onion unless it's cooked. They didn't taste like onions, more like texture of onion with slightly sweet water taste. Probably could eat it like an apple. Apparently, it's grown/planted with strawberries. If you see one, you should try it.

Oh I wanted to add that I tried a strawberry onion on Easter. It was awesome and I typically won't eat onion unless it's cooked. They didn't taste like onions, more like texture of onion with slightly sweet water taste. Probably could eat it like an apple. Apparently, it's grown/planted with strawberries. If you see one, you should try it.

I will be on the lookout. I have never even seen one! Hubby LOVES onions and will eat a plain onion raw... I call him Shrek but seriously it makes is breath SOOOO rank! Ugh

Cews my DH is the same! He loves onions especially red onions which make me gag.

Feeling a bit proud on my lunch. I had carrots, grapes, and some potato salad. Obviously the potato salad isn't healthy but small victories.

So I think I can count it as reaching my STG of hitting 169 before the end of the month! Woke up to 169.1!!! Only 4lbs to go to reach 165 which is where I want to be in exactly one month before my mom comes down! Hopefully I can be below that. Plus now its only 4lbs until my celebration dinner of Pizza!!!!

Cews my DH is the same! He loves onions especially red onions which make me gag.

Feeling a bit proud on my lunch. I had carrots, grapes, and some potato salad. Obviously the potato salad isn't healthy but small victories.

Good job on your lunch! If you make it homemade use light mayo and french's yellow mustard is zero calories. You can make it a little more healthy that way! I love all starchy foods and that has been the hardest thing for me to cut out!

Cews thanks! My husband actually makes it. I'll get the light mayo next time. He actually doesn't use mustard, lots of apple cider vinegar, yum! I also love carbs and sweets. I'm trying to slowly wean down on them. MIL bought DH and I a huge hollow chocolate bunny each... yeah that's not going to help. Huge congrats on hitting your goal! I believe you can meet your goal next month :)

In other news forgot to update my ticker last Thursday... I went up to 193. So hoping I lost or at worst maintained.

Cews thanks! My husband actually makes it. I'll get the light mayo next time. He actually doesn't use mustard, lots of apple cider vinegar, yum! I also love carbs and sweets. I'm trying to slowly wean down on them. MIL bought DH and I a huge hollow chocolate bunny each... yeah that's not going to help. Huge congrats on hitting your goal! I believe you can meet your goal next month :)

In other news forgot to update my ticker last Thursday... I went up to 193. So hoping I lost or at worst maintained.

I love apple cider vinegar! I used to make a detox drink with ACV, cinnamon and water. I should probably do that again. Its also good for the skin.

Sorry been absent for a few days. A couple of busy days and then I got sick. Still don't have my voice back!

I was going to weigh myself at my mom's over Easter this weekend, but between busy long holiday and sickness, I just didn't get around to it.

As for running, we are few minutes drive away from the 90km/h highway. Far enough away that I won't worry about my kids running into it. However, we had a black bear visit us this morning, so a good reminder of the fact that we do live rural. The neighbor says a momma bear and her cub live somewhere in the bush behind our house and 2 doors down. So that's great...

I love fish for a lean dinner protein, however our doctor has advised us absolutely no fish or shellfish until we've had allergy testing done for ds1. He had an allergic reaction a few weeks ago, so until we know severity, we won't risk it. The referral is in, now we are just waiting for an appointment. Hopefully our Canadian system won't make us wait a year...

Can't remember who said her husband is a steak and potatoes guy: mine was too when I met him. A good alternative is bison! It's a red lean meat fairly easy available in north america.

Sorry been absent for a few days. A couple of busy days and then I got sick. Still don't have my voice back!

I was going to weigh myself at my mom's over Easter this weekend, but between busy long holiday and sickness, I just didn't get around to it.

As for running, we are few minutes drive away from the 90km/h highway. Far enough away that I won't worry about my kids running into it. However, we had a black bear visit us this morning, so a good reminder of the fact that we do live rural. The neighbor says a momma bear and her cub live somewhere in the bush behind our house and 2 doors down. So that's great...

I love fish for a lean dinner protein, however our doctor has advised us absolutely no fish or shellfish until we've had allergy testing done for ds1. He had an allergic reaction a few weeks ago, so until we know severity, we won't risk it. The referral is in, now we are just waiting for an appointment. Hopefully our Canadian system won't make us wait a year...

Can't remember who said her husband is a steak and potatoes guy: mine was too when I met him. A good alternative is bison! It's a red lean meat fairly easy available in north america.

That would be my husband. He would eat steak/chicken and potatoes ever day if he could. I prefer venison personally as thats what I grew up on but if I have a choice its seafood for me. Too bad DH isn't a fan! lol!

Im glad your feeling a little better! It sucks so bad to be sick.

Cews, my hubby was exactly the same when we met. After living together for a while we both got bored of our limited kitchen skills and started trying out different fishes. Salmon I like best when I prep it: DH likes to put different spices on it then me and cooks according. Our favorite is tuna steaks (not cheap!), seared from the outside, raw in the middle. Yummy! Took us a few years to discover and perfect. It's rather expensive here, so only treat ourselves every once in a while. The other fish I love for it's flavors is milkfish: super cheap but the downfall is the amount of bones, however totally worth it for the flavor in my opinion. I marinade it with a ton of garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil for a few hours and then bake it. You don't even taste the typical garlic flavor when baked.
I definitely would encourage you to try out your adventurous side with fish and try them all multiple times cooked different ways until you find one or mkre that is liked.

Like I said before, it took me a few years to get hubby outside his comfort zone of chicken and rice or steak and potato dinners

Pacific I really like catfish :) DH likes fish too thankfully. He was used to bread at every meal though.

AFM down 0.2lb I'm happy with that as we went out for MILs birthday and Easter last weekend. Plus didn't really give weight loss a good effort until Tuesday. Hope to see more loss next week.

Good for you Flueky! Any loss is good! You got this! Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat and when it starts to slow down or yo-yo when you are working out this is probably what's going on! I have to reming myself of this often.

I actually thought I would be up today because I ate like crap last night but Im down .4lbs so I will take it! Im only 3.7lbs away from my goal when my mom comes down in a month! I should have this goal by almost double! I cant believe how well I have stuck to this diet and exercise plan! Im not posting on FB again until I reach 20lbs gone and I am almost there! Its so crazy to know that I have lost this much! my son is 21lbs and its crazy to pick him up knowing that what I lost is almost the size of my baby!

All this talk about fish is making me want sushi! I may have to get sashimi next time I'm at the store...

Cews wow great job on your goal. What kind of pizza will you be treating yourself to?

Pl ate there any nearby parks you could go to instead? This is what I do, or drive to a neighborhood.

I am finally back in the 170's! I was 179.4 this morning :thumbup: I can't wait to get into the 160's now! I wish there was an easy way to expedite the weight loss!

All this talk about fish is making me want sushi! I may have to get sashimi next time I'm at the store...

Cews wow great job on your goal. What kind of pizza will you be treating yourself to?

Pl ate there any nearby parks you could go to instead? This is what I do, or drive to a neighborhood.

I am finally back in the 170's! I was 179.4 this morning :thumbup: I can't wait to get into the 160's now! I wish there was an easy way to expedite the weight loss!

Yummy to Sushi! I would love some of that myself! I cant eat a lot of fresh water fish as it makes me sick. No clue why but Samon will NOT stay down and catfish is hit or miss. It stinks because fish is so healthy but salt water fish I can usually do.

I am weird about pizza but a light cheese pizza with jalapeños and pineapple. I know, I know, it sounds weird but a friend had me try it and was amazing! The sweet, salty and spicy all work together and its so good! I never would have tried it on my own. I love pineapple but not on pizza! lol! This is my favorite combo I have ever tried! Normally it was jalapeño, bell pepper and onion but not any more. I honestly cant wait! I haven't had true pizza in a month and I cant wait. Its one of my favorite foods.

Good job on being back in the 170's! You got this girl! I am so proud of all of us!

One thing Im eating a lot of right now is watermelon since its so healthy and mostly water. I can get so full on it but its so low in calories I don't care! I can go through an entire watermelon by myself in a few days!

Cews, if I remember correctly a stick of butter is half a lb. It really helped put weight loss into perspective. The child analogy is even better. I want to lose a little over 30 and my girl was just under 30 a few weeks ago. I also looove watermelon!! I can also eat one by myself in a few days. I actually ate some for lunch :)

Gigs I went to publix Tuesday and got some of their fresh sushi. Yummy :) I could eat it almost every day. Congrats for making it to 170s and yes wish their was an easier and faster way. I don't believe weight loss pills are good for anyone so I've always avoided.

Going to Applebees tonight as we are taking FIL out for his birthday. Need to research and find a healthy option. Having a plan in advance helps out a ton.

Looking good Fluek! You look so good in glasses.

I know it's too late now but salad eithdressing on the side is always a safe bet...with or without grilled chicken or shrimp.

I'll have to remember to put watermelon on my shopping list. It's sooo good!

Gigs thank you. I ended up with bourbon street chicken and shrimp and a side salad with Italian dressing.

We actually had a dinner I felt good about last night, won't mention the brownies we had after...

Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, heat a little bit of oil in frying pan. Top side down, fry for 6 minutes until golden over medium heat. Flip to the other side and fry for another 5. Apparently the trick to keeping the chicken juicy is to not move it around a lot.
Toss a few tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce on, heat until nice and sticky. Done!
I steamed some carrots and beans as a side.

We actually had a dinner I felt good about last night, won't mention the brownies we had after...

Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, heat a little bit of oil in frying pan. Top side down, fry for 6 minutes until golden over medium heat. Flip to the other side and fry for another 5. Apparently the trick to keeping the chicken juicy is to not move it around a lot.
Toss a few tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce on, heat until nice and sticky. Done!
I steamed some carrots and beans as a side.

That sounds delicious! I plan to make a sweet and spicy Chicken soon! I do it in the pressure cooker though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->