A long term weight loss thread

Pacific sounds good :) and it's okay to occasionally indulge while losing weight. Brownies are probably my favorite dessert.

Cews sweet and spicy chicken sounds good too.

All that talk about Sushi and I had to get some for dinner! Had some along with a salad so I don't feel too bad about it!

I also bought some ice cream for desert... Tillamook Chocolate Covered Strawberry. Its a small container but that all I need. I can probably eat the container in 4-5 sittings.

I read somewhere that cheat days everybnow and again are beneficiail to weight loss. I can't remember the reason but something akin to switching up your workout routine. Do your own research on that though...

I may have to talk hubby into sushi for dinner!

I was down another pound yesterday! I don't like to adjust my ticker until I see the weight gone for at least two days though.

Hmmm Im almost back up to my stating weight from Monday... Not sure why because I didn't eat badly at all last night. Maybe its water retention from the soy sauce and rice... We will see tomorrow.

Sushi quest was a success! We opted for poke bowls instead which is basically deconstructed rolls in a bowl. Took it a step further and got salad greens instead of rice. It was fantastic! We earned it after playing 2 rounds of disc golf at our area's toughest course. It's essentially a LOT of hiking but also throwing frisbee-like discs (through the woods, in fields, up and down hills) and trying to get them in metal baskets. We followed that with a round at our much easier city course.

For those of you unfamiliar woth disc golf I encourage you to look it up and give it a try! We're always trying to grow the sport, especially with women players ;)

Cews sushi isn't really bad diet wise so no guilt ;) i don't think I'd have your willpower with the ice cream so very impressive. also I'm sure that it was water retention. All the sodium in soy sauce makes it easy to hold onto fluids.

Gigs I believe it kick starts your metabolism a bit. Yay for sushi!! I may have to see if there are any disc golf courses around here.

Hate to burst your bubble but sushi can absolutely hinder a diet. It's the rice. There's this strange misnomer that sushi is healthy, i guess because of the fish...? But it's compacted rice rolls too. They expand and are full of carbs.

And despite me working my ass off yesterday and opting not to eat rice in my sushi mix I somehow am up a pound. Maybe water weight? We drank a ton to stay hydrated during the tournament...

Fluek I bet there is! They are all over the place. Some courses are even stroller friendly so you can walk the kids along too. I have never been in to any sports but I love disc golf.

Still better than pizza or fast food burger imo. But anyways, could definitely be water weight. If you were sweating during the tournament then maybe body was making up for it and trying to hold onto it.

I used to love basketball, swimming, and running, but never played for school. Maybe once S likes a stroller I'll invest in a double one. Could do disc golf or walk.

Gigs, how did you do in the tournament? You mentioned I was up a league from what you normally play in?

Good morning ladies!

Fluek that's a good idea. Does S like her car seat? A lot of the double strollers fit car seats, too. Just make sure it's compatible with your brand. I didn't make absolitely sure and I have to wedge the car seat in. I really do not like my double stroller. I wish I opted for a double jogger instead.

I did terribly at the tournament lol! But I knew I would as I was playing with everyone completely out of my league. We play 2 rounds. Round 1 I was in I think 68th place out of a total of 72 players, or 11th in my division of 13 players. The second round I bombed (harder layout) and ultimately finished above only 2 players, one who DNF'ed and one who is much older and very new to the sport. A guy who has been playing 2 weeks beat me by about 2-3 strokes lol!

I bitched to the tournament director so hopefully he'll have my division up at the next tournament.

So, my weight is back down! Thank goodness because all weekend I was up at 169.9 to 170.9. Today I am back down to a respectable 168.3. So less than a pound since last week but at least I am not up again.

SW: 185/186
WN: 168.3

Im so close the the 20lb loss that I can taste it! If I keep on track then maybe in 2 weeks I should be at 165.

Im glad you had fun at least playing disk golf. I need to find something that I can do outside get some fresh air!

Gigs no she doesn't like her car seat, unfortunately. S is just all about being held or against me. I do get her to be chill on rare occasion without me. Sorry it didn't go so well Saturday. Hope the director listens to you.

Cews glad your weight went back down. It's why I prefer not to weigh everyday and have avoided weighing after a high sodium day. However I know weighing daily can be a motivator for some and important if you have chf.

AFM think AF is coming in next day or 2. Spotting some pink. Rather pissed as I'm ebf and will be 8 weeks pp on Wednesday. Grrr!!!

Oh nooooo! So sorry your body has betrayed you! Do you ever crave certain things with af? It's always chocolate for me.

I was still up a pound today. So frustrating!!! My diet has no room for improvement really. I lost 30lbs last year with diet alone and was hoping for the same this time...really not wanting to have to do strenuous, non-sustainable work outs. That's always my downfall. Grrrr hoping this is just a fluke snd my body will let go of the weight soon. That said I'm about a week and a day out from af myself and fully expect to get some bloat weight at that time.

Cews definitely look into disc golf! One of the great things is it spans across all genders, ages, and abilities.

I swear I'm not a disc golf spokeswoman but I sound like it lol

I've been weighing 179.6 for 3 days in a row grrrrrr recalibrated my scale and it went down to 179 but still wtf? I'm frustrated I'm seeing a stall so soon :( i know weight fluctuates so I'll see what it is Thursday, that'll be a week from when I first hit the 170's.

Grrrr

I've been weighing 179.6 for 3 days in a row grrrrrr recalibrated my scale and it went down to 179 but still wtf? I'm frustrated I'm seeing a stall so soon :( i know weight fluctuates so I'll see what it is Thursday, that'll be a week from when I first hit the 170's.

Grrrr

I get the feeling! It seemed like I was stuck between 173 and 175 for weeks. Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you might be smaller but gained a little muscle.

AFM I am sick as a dog. I have so much nausea and I am also extremely gassy as well. I think it might be the reason for the nausea. I have a lot of sinus drainage that I think are the start of allergies. Im just so exhausted but I pushed through my workout. I might skip it tomorrow if I am not feeling better.

Gigs I usually eat more in general but get a bit crazy with sweets or chocolates before and start of AF. Sometimes you gotta switch something up. Maybe lift some weights instead of walk, etc. Switching up your exercise is usually a good plateau buster for me. Sorry AF will arrive next week.

Oh I looked into it and seems there are 2 disc golf courses nearby. 30 to 45 minutes away from them.

Cews sorry you are not feeling well. Sometimes you gotta rest but I know it can be hard to get back into the swing, well at least for me.

Fixed a new recipe, a healthy cowboy crockpot casserole. It was pretty good. I'll share if anyone is interested. Weigh in tomorrow and feel confident I've lost.

Healthy crock pot meal? Girrrrrl you're singing my tune! Do share!

Good luck on weigh in

Last edited:
Yes please share! I am always looking for good recipes!

Yea, I am not sure what's going on but I have felt bad ALL day. Its crazy how off I feel. I slept like a rock last night but it felt like I didn't sleep at all. Im just so tired and off and I hate it.

Cews I'm sorry you feel that way! I try to get in a nap and reset when I'm feeling like that. Hope it passes...

Are any of you ladies doing actual scheduled work outs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->