A month of no baby talk to OH's

Aveta

Reaction score
Ok, so after reading through the posts on here about those of us who's OH's don't want children yet, and are the reason for us WWT, I thought it might be good to try a whole month of not bringing up the 'please can we have a baby' thing.

I always try to stop talking about babies but it's hard to do without a time limit or anyone to motivate me. I know it's best to give OH a break, and will probably let him think about it himself instead of feeling pressure to decide when to ttc.

I'm going to do no baby talk until the 14th of Jan. I think on the 14th I'll take OH out for a nice meal and bring it up again then, and ask him if he's thought about it much recently.

Anyone want to join me and we can help encourage each other to stay sane?

Edited to add a list of those doing a one month baby silence! If you see them talking to their OH's about how much they want a baby hit them with a stick!

Mrs Doddy
LionHeartnz
Lauraloo24
Balgiansnset
Babymaker2be
Jillypoop
fairy1984
LoveTypeThing
HoneyBunch2k7

I'm with you, I'll try my very hardest! If I cant resist the urge to talk about babies I will come on here! xx

God i wouldn't last the more i try not to talk about it the harder it is!! lol

ok, lauraloo and mrs doddy...and pinkgirl what about you?

I'll try but OH does tend to talk about them but not seriously and then I end up talking about them!! Im sure he tricks me into it!
fingers crossed!

xxx

well, if he starts to talk about them don't try and use it as an opportunity to try and convict him. Use it as a chance to listen to his feelings on the subject :)

Edited to say: CONVINCE not convict! Haha!

great thread! i'm in too! i'm supposed to be seeing his friends new born this week so it'll be hard to bite my lip but I will try my best and come back on here and report how I got on :)

Yes, that's a great goal! I am also going to put forth effort to not talk about it at all for 1 month!

Umm, I think I could go 2 weeks without talking about it. I haven't talked about it that much lately though.

Yep, I'm definitely in. I haven't talked to him about it for 2 days, let's see how much longer I can last!

Me too! I think my OH is a bit sick of me moaning about when Im gonna come on and if im ovulating etc! Lets all concentrate on christmas instead! xx

Im in too, I think i have not said anything to him about it for 2 days, granted we just moved to a new town and have been busy with the new job/getting settled thing...but it still counts! haha

Well, I spent the day with my hubby yesterday and managed not to talk about it. It feels good actually, cause every time I do talk about it I always wonder if I'm just going to annoy him into saying no.

Hows every one else doing?

I'm doing ok so far, really difficult tho!! I'm like you, i know i shouldnt bring it up cos when I do I just dont know when to stop & one day he's gonna say "right,thats it, no babies!!!!"

I was wondering whether reverse psychology would work.... do you think if we didnt bring up babies for ages, or even started implying that we were no longer interested in them, whether our OH's would show more interest?? Probably not I guess, they'd probably just be relieved!

I'm not sure! I think that if we leave it they might start thinking....oh, x hasn't brought up babies in a while. I wonder if she's changed her mind? Oh, I was kind of starting to like thinking about having kids, but I never realised before, maybe I do want them....hmmmmmmm.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

At least it will give him a break and he can get to enjoy you without having baby talk all the time!

I'm doing ok so far, really difficult tho!! I'm like you, i know i shouldnt bring it up cos when I do I just dont know when to stop & one day he's gonna say "right,thats it, no babies!!!!"

Lol !!! Thats why I have joined this idea coz I am worried about those words too !!!

Im not finding it too bad actually - I am suprised at myself - think its been a week for me now !!!

Im doing good.
OH nearly tripped me up yesterday, we were househunting and looking at one with a spare room, he said "this could be a neat little baby room!" its was hard but I managed to say something along the lines of thinking we could get someone in to help cover costs, instead of agreeing and starting a baby convo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->