A sex question (embarrassing and probably TMI)

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
I've never been too keen on sex, apart from when ttc hehe but last night I was rampant lol :blush: However . . . this is soooo humiliating . . . I wasn't exactly getting lubricated enough for sex to be comfortable, so we had to use some vaseline. Does anyone know if this is safe to use in pregnancy or in the future (if I become such a minx again :haha:) should we invest in some KY jelly or something? Also, is it common to become quite dry during pregnancy? I was definately . . . ahem . . . in the mood shall we say but really not physically able without the aid of the vaseline :shrug: xx

i am pretty sure its fine except when using condoms :)

Didnt want to r&r but I am really not sure.. x

It will be totally safe, but using something like KY or Durex play will be much
more comfortable, as its designed for the job. xx

Im not that sure if its safe or not, though im sure its perfectly fine but I would get the proper stuff just to be sure.

I think it is normal to be very dry during pregnancy too. I can't actually remember the last time we've done it lol but I know when we did attempt it, it wasn't very comfortable so your not alone. :)

i have no idea on the vaseline front but would say ky would be a much better option (or one of those durex play type lubes) and i have experienced the 'dry' thing too which surprised me a little cos i thought pregnancy usually gives you excess discharge?!!?!!

I know what you mean about the sex drive thing tho, mine has been SO up and down through pregnancy... half the time OH doesnt know weather he's coming or going (excuse the pun there lol) xx

Vaseline is fine but not with condoms - it can break down the rubber. Personally I find it a bit to thick and greasy. You can actually buy some lovely durex lubricating gels from most supermarkets and chemists now (yep - boots included). There is quite a selection ranging from tingly gel (for you) to sugar-free gel (for you both - lol). Don't be embarrassed hun - it's perfectly natural and yes, pregnancy can mean you don't produce as much natural lubrication. I love the fact that these products are so widely available - why shouldn't we enjoy sex just as much as men??

Get your botty down to the supermarket and treat yourself just in case your rampant side decides to show itself again :)

Lube is fun! we use it anyway whether we need it or not...Makes everything much more sensitive :blush: dunno about vaseline though sorry.

in my first tri i was always in the mood for sex but always so dry nd i asked my OB if i could use anyting or vaseline or what he recommended and he said the best thing for pregnant women is water based lube doesnt matter the brand. He said all the other lube leads to more yeast infections because of the ingreadients reaction to the changes in the vagina because of baby

As it's petroleum based it can be pretty drying on your sensitive bits in the long run. Definitely worth investing in KY or other water based lubricant, I'm sure you'll get use out of it after the birth! :haha:

I have found that I am so dry atm lol and durex tingle is fantastic plus with all our nerve endings being more awake shall we say:) :sex:makes everything super sensitive in a very good way:thumbup:

im exactly the same :blush: and i bough KY, but it stings me like mad!!! :brat:cant stand it.... so i kind gave up :jo:

Well, I hope my answer isn't TMI however, coconut oil does the trick... yes, the same stuff in your pantry! You don't need much. It is a solid until your body heat warms it then it liquifies. You have a choice... rub it just inside your vagina or on your hubby's penis (or both!) and you'll have enough lubrication to hear the crowd roar (if you know what I mean). About a solid tablespoon should be more than enough. And the best part is, for oral sex, there's no distaste... unless you're not fond of coconut!

Thanks girls, I think my "rampant" side has gone shy again though and besides right now I just wanna clobber DH more than anything else :growlmad: xx

I don't know about vasoline, but I know you can use vegetable oil and it's safe.

I'm totally dry during sex too and we have to use a giant glob of lube as well. Still use preseed as it's the most "natural" feeling lube I've ever used.

I find i'm really dry as well now, but i always read you get extra discharge when you're pregnant. Well where the hell has mine gone :haha:

I find the durex massage lube is good and apparently WET lube is meant to be good as well. I've used tingle/heat etc stuff before and it hurts! Especially the mint one, i don't know how people use these lol

I am wetter during intercourse since becoming pregnant lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->