Accountability thread

My main thing I am focusing on initially is cutting out sweets and take out and eating after 9pm exspecially crap after 9. I am also trying to keep my calories in check

Once I get that under way I wanna start cutting back on carbs.

Right now I am trying to find good tummy toning at home workout videos

I'm doing well now ladies! I think nice weather is helping. I'm focusing on the following, and have been for maybe a week now:

1. Water. I drink tonnes of fluid, usually a few tea/coffees (I take mines with just a tiny splash of low fat milk, no sugar) and at least 1l diet coke, so I do drink enough fluids, but I need to drink more plain water. On days I work (Wednesday to Friday) I'm drinking a glass in the house before I leave, then 500ml up to break time, a coffee at morning break, 500ml between break and lunch, then 500ml diet coke at lunch, and 500ml between lunch and home, and another 500ml on the way home. I'm drinking a glass before my dinner too. The hope is it will help my skin too as I have had some spots since going back on the pill. Its harder to be disciplined with the water at home so I'm getting into the habit of doing it at work in the hope I start doing it at home too.

2. I'm meal planning. I have cut out processed foods, except from Quorn and bread. I'm not being super strict on it, but it seems to be working.

3. Healthy food swaps. I'm still having what I fancy, I'm just making it healthier. I am home making my chips and parboiling them then using a tiny bit spray oil to crisp them in the oven, I'm making the wrap pizzas with low fat cheese instead of buying a takeaway, I'm having salad with everything and fruit and fat free yoghurt for pudding, and I have stopped using butter (for toast I am making sure I eat it with something moist)

I'm also considering dairy free. If I go dairy free, id be vegan except for eggs. Which to me would be easier just to go vegan. To whoever suggested almond milk, I was going to give that a go if the soya milk isn't nice!

Yesterday was a a meh day didnt do any walking just some yard work and I went over on my calories but somehow managed to be down to lbs today from yesterday.
I weighed in this morning at 257 :) lowest inhabe been since march

Had a better day today. Did loads of walking in town and burnt off a fair few cals :happydance:

Great job Ellie. And congrats on the new low, Candice.

Candice, you'd mentioned wanting exercise videos. KMR introduced me to fitnessblender, a great website with hundreds of free videos for all ability levels. I really do love it. You can search by difficult, video time, body target area, etc. they have tons of core videos. Here's a few I randomly picks:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/standing-abs-workout-standing-abs-exercises-to-tone-abs-obliques-and-lower-back
https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/5-minute-express-abs-and-obliques-workout

I'm so happy we have so many working on themselves!!! Awesome work to you all!! Mummy great job on the walking!!
And Loe! Awesome work on cutting out the junk!!

Elma-- how is your fix going?! We are both on day three! I wanted to share with you... On round one, I went from 127.8, got as low as 123.0 and then hovered at 123.6 and that's what I called my ending weight. When I started round 2, I was 125.8, and already just from cutting the junk, am down to 123.0. I'm honestly a believe. I don't think ill be taking any lengthy breaks, probably a weekend here or there off. But man, the change in the scale is encouraging. I hope you took body measurements! I lost 5 inches with round 1... I need to find my tape so I can take new ones. Anyway I wanted to share my day three progress which has me feeling really good about myself and this diet!!
I got my first REAL workout in awhile too husband took sick leave and watched babies for me so I worked up a good sweat. Woooohooooooo. I've got my workout high. Lol.

kMR, I've have a bit of a rough start actually. Monday I don't think I cheated at all, and was pretty much hungry all day at work. Evening was ok, but, man oh man was I ever hungry in the middle of the night and the next morning. Tuesday morning I was famished more than I can remember being in a long time. Despite that I did well with my food Tuesday and today as well, but each day my weight has been significantly higher than the day before :growlmad:

I think I'm doing it right, and not cheating much at all, and exercising quite a bit, so the weight increase is discouraging. I'm sure it's just one of those things. We all know daily weight fluctuate a lot. But I sure am sick of seeing weight 4 lbs up from my previous low. Weigh-ins aside, I do feel like I'm doing well and eating healthy.

On an unpleasant side note, I feel like I may be getting a cold. Baby has sleep like crap the last two nights, and that combined with reduced calories and a lot of exercise probably has my immune system down. I'm gonna go to sleep as soon as baby does tonight.

Give it a few more days. If you don't see a loss I would reevaluate calorie bracket. Make sure you are getting enough. If you're still hungry, eat extra vegetables or protein. Yogurt with a few blueberries. I would listen to your body at first. If you are still hungry listen to it and eat extra. Go from there. And don't get discouraged.

So today I had a fair bit more sugar than usual. But I only had about 75-100 more calories than the 1550 mfp says per day but I walked and burnt roughly 400 Cals and then I followed it by doing roughly 40 mins of as strict as possible for me an exercises. I did take 30 sec breaks every few mins as it was hard.it was my first time and I tried 3 different videos. I was only able to do roughly half the exercises per video as being obese it really kicked my butt but i did break a good sweat and my abs are sore.

Do you think it would be OK if I took tomorrow off from an training and just walk my 1 hr 5.5 km a day and do an training every other day till I work up to everyday and get into shape?

Candice, it sounds like you're doing great! :thumbup: and taking days off between hard workouts is definitely a good idea, especially when starting out. PS, your kids are way cute!

I've woken with a terrible sore throat. I'm thinking today I will eat more normally, as my body probably needs more calories to kick this bug. But I think I'll count calories so I don't over do it. And no sugar! Also, no exercise obviously.

Baby slept 8:30 to midnight then up every 45 minutes the rest of night, and I'd need to hold him for 15 minutes before I could lay him down. And half the time he'd. Wake right back up. Second night in a row of this. (Or 3rd?) Oh, evil sleep deprivation! :sleep: :coffee: :wacko: :growlmad:

MommyC-- I do think it's totally fine (and maybe even good for you) to take rest days. The problem I had with doing this in the beginning was after an "off" day, finding the motivation to have an "on" day. But I have a willpower issue, and I really had to power through in the beginning to get in the habit of working out lol.

Ugh, Elma, I'm sorry you're sick! And baby was up :( Those nights are so rough! My DD1 still wakes up and comes into my bed in the middle of the night, and DD2 comes in sometime too so when we wake up I have boobs out and two babies in the bed with us. lol!

I'm sure I said it, but I got in a super legs workout in yesterday. My husband acquired me some new weights, and I was able to lift heavier than I have done in the past, and OH MAN I'm sore today!! I can't believe how sore lol it's been awhile since I have been sore from what I have here at home. Today is music class, but I'm going to do arms and maybe throw in some sit-ups before I go. My biceps look like mini versions of hubby's, and I have to say I'm SUPER proud of them lol. My abs, not so much. They need some attention. And SO DO MY LOVE HANDLES. Oh my gosh, if there is a chunk of fat that doesn't want to budge, it's there. I have this bathing suit picked out for summer, but I can't bring myself to get it because I'm too obsessed over these love handles. I might order it anyway and just try to find bottoms that help hide them. But urgh!! I want them gone!

Fix day three yesterday, I might have snuck in a few fritos... I made the clan frito taco salad (and just straight up taco SALAD for me) but man those taco salads looked good. So I snuck a bite or two. I'm also going to sneak and have a bubble tea today. Music class has me passing right by that place and I ADORE those drinks, so I'm splurging. I'll cut out a purple serving though to make up for it.

Hope you all have a great productive day ladies!

I weighed in at 255.8 this morning which is a new low since I started working out again.
Not my lowest as I was 243 before christmas but I feel amazing!!!

I gotta say I'm a bit offended that the pop up ad that that just came up was for McDonald's. On the Diet,Weightloss & fitness forum? That's pretty lame.

Candice, I'm glad your feeling so great. Ride that motivation!

Kmr, I say you buy that bikini and ding look back. I'm sure your hubby will think you look great and won't notice your love handles. And really, 6 month after having a baby, I think every momma is gonna still have tummy issues. I don't think I'll be sporting a bikIni this summer, my goal is to comfortsble wearing shorts!

Baby sleep great last night (is waking twice great?!). :happydance: :happydance: I'm feeling a lot better, gonna try an easy workout. :thumbup: Maybe a brisk outside walk.

Despite not sticking to my diet yesterday, a did eat pretty damn clean. Did get a bag of potato chips when leaving work though, cause u was starving and can't handle picking up the kids on an empty tummy. Gonna try to get back on 21 day fix diet today, though not sure what veggies we have left in the house...

Morning ladies!! My legs are still screaming from my workout the other day, wil be doing srms today (did I say that yesterday? Husband has taken sick leave from work and his being home either helps me, or throws me off... Yesterday I was thrown off).

Elma, good job! I cheated yesterday too and got a tea from the coffee shop and a few bites of scone that I got for my daughter too :/ my mom is coming for dinner tonight and she is so picky that I have to make one of my more traditional dinners for her to eat. and then I'll have to modify it for myself. (Seriously she's been requesting the same thing from me every visit for the past six weeks, which is just roasted chicken, rice gravy and sautéed corn. I'm sick of making it!!! Gah.

I hope you all do well today. I'm interested my weigh in today. I hit 123 the other day and then 123.2 the next and interested in what today will be now.

So this morning I weighed in at 256.4 which is up from yesterday but only by .8 but i know you can flucuate from day to day and im sure that mcdonalds fry at 12pm last night cuz hubby didnt want it after buying it last night. That being said i also didnt exercise yesterday.
I am Feeling kinda bad that I didn't do any exercising yesterday when I had full intention on walking yesterday but my body is still sore from my 40 min walk and half hour of ab exercises on wednesday. Should it still be??? Hoping I am feeling better today. It was a rough 1st exercise besides walking but since i didnt feel awful after i thought it was not to bad. It wasnt until i woke up yesterday morning and it has gotten worse as the days gone on. My lower abdomen is sore and my legs and butt are cracking and so tender i feel like i have arthritis or something. Maybe i pushed myself to hard but I felt amazing after.

Cmommy, it's totally normal to still be sore for a few days, especially if you're making those muscles work harder than they normally do (my legs and butt are still super sore from my Wednesday workout.) Keep working out, maybe lighter but it will help work that lactic acid through your muscles. Make sure you stretch real good after your workouts, and a little protein after you workouts is always a good idea (I love protein powder but an egg or some cottage cheese is good too!)

Oh my weigh in was 123.6, .6 up from my new low. No more cheats! Let's get to 122.x on the scale!

Had a god awful few days - and not with food. My poor fiancé ended up in hospital after a horse he was training reared and went up and over and landed on him, breaking 6 ribs and making a small puncture in his right lung :cry: Thankfully the puncture has repaired itself with it being so small and he is now out of hospital as of this evening and at home with his mum(he doesn't live with me yet)

Now I'm not worrying quite as much as I was - believe me I'm still worried about him and will be til he's fully healed :( - I can focus back on my food

I dreading this weekend and hoping to keep my calories in?somewhat check as tomorrow we have a potluck bbq and sunday we are going away for the night.
I am still rele sore but going to sqeeze in a walk tonight as i am really not going to have time to?exercise from today till tuesday minus going to an indoor waterpark from sunday to monday and hoping to use their treadmill monday morning before the kids get up and possibly a walk down by the falls sunday night

Ellie I'm sorry to hear about your fiancé, how terrible! But glad he's recovering. Do you both work with horses?

Candice, I also get sore muscles that last several days. Seems to last especially long if it's some muscle I haven't worked in a while.

Kmr, keep on that 21df and I'm sure you'll be seein 122.x soon. I'm curious, are you hungry a lot on this diet? I find I'm hungry a lot of the time (but it has actually gotten a lot better since the first day), probably cause I'm snacking on veggies all the time.m

I took it a bit easy today. 25 min walk in the am, which was lovely. Stayed good with my eating, with exception of cream in my coffee, a wee lil corn bread muffin :blush:, and some of DH beer. May have had an extra serving of fat too, but that's ok right? :shrug:

Btw, I weight in this mornin. Not a new low, but a pound lower than my starting weight :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->