Accountability thread

MommyC--- just choose the healthier things, and watch portion sizes! It's okay to dine out and enjoy yourself, you can still make healthier choices!

Elma-- I actually re-weighed this morning and saw 122.8! HAHA! So was pretty stoked. I can get hungry sometimes, or get the munchies, but I try to make good choices for meals that will stick with me, and I usually have snacks between meals, so I do stay pretty full. Today-- I had toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas with a side of yogurt for breakfast. That holds me over til lunch, I had five deli slices of ham with a side of cottage cheese and almonds and green beans. Snack was a protein shake, and then I had another handful of almonds because I had the munchies lol. Then lunch was a grilled chicken wrap with a ton of greens inside and cheese. Yum. So my day is pretty well rounded, and I feel like having a snack in between helps keep the hunger off. So I actually had an extra plus some blue (healthy fats, like cheese and nuts) but FAT IS NOT THE ENEMY so I don't feel bad. I always overdo it on greens. I made a steamable bag of green beans with lunch and I ate half the bag. lol. I can sit there and just eat green beans with some sea salt phew! Tasty stuff! But I imagine it would be harder to stay full if I was vegetarian? I'm not sure never tried, but I would definitely say that if you're still feeling hungry to add some extra protein.. Do you have any protein powder? Such an easy snack, and filling for a bit (not to mention helps curb the craving for sweet stuff imo) Maybe you should tack on some extra protein servings and see if that helps? Honestly, the diet is very much about portion control but also about eating the right kinds of foods-- so if you're sticking to the food lists, and keeping to the portions on fats and carbs, I would just eat proteins fruits and veggies, at least until you're feeling less hungry.

I love love love green beans too. DH will often roast them with a bit of olive oil and salt. What a treat! Actually he has been roasting lots of veggies lately, and it's all good.

I need to eat an extra serving of beans I think. Most days, my protein has been 1. Two eggs, 2. Beans/quinoa/edamame, 3, tofu/soy milk (which really doesn't have that many calories) 4. Greek yogurt. Sometimes I might get a 5th serving in. I should work on that. Is fat free milk ok?? I could have a ski, cappuccino! :haha:

Yesterday didnt end up up walking but I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off to get everything done and I got most of it done so I wasnt expecting a huge drop in weight and I also had my tim hortons tea at like almost 11pm last night eeek.
This morning I weighed in at 256.2. It is still a decrease of .6 from yesterday so I am happy. This is still a new low though from when I started working out and eating healthy again. I cant wait to break 250 and get into the 240's!!!
Also on a great note I am not really sore anymore!!! Only took 3 days but it was a painful 3 days :)
I hope you all are doing well

Doesn't sound like it will be long, MommyC-- at least if you can't exercise staying busy busy will do the trick!
I'm irritated with myself as I keep planning on working out and then don't. Husband has been off basically since Tuesday, I got a workout in Wednesday and that's it. He throws me off by being home, I have a routine to working out, kids, and housework, and here he is throwing a wrench in it. Maybe I will take a long walk this morning. My legs are just feeling less sore. And I need to workout arms, I don't want my awesome biceps going anywhere! (LOL does that sound modest?)

Elma-- on the 21 DF milk isn't allowed. During the day I do almond milk (unsweetened vanilla silk) and then at night I cheat with a glass of 2% milk. So I'm going to say in moderation, it won't hurt your progress. And it's not empty calories, not sure why it's off limits. But whatever. I love PB2 for adding extra protein during the day too (I never count it lol)... When I have protein shakes, one scoop is considered one serving, to that I add the two tbsps of PB2. Hits the spot!

Haven't weighed in yet this morning, but not feeling super skinny today so I'm thinking probably no less than yesterday haha.

Weigh in was 122.4. In shock!! Course I'm probably losing muscle mass from my less than frequent workouts but still nice to see that number. Beginning of round 1 was 127.8. Day six round 2 122.4.

Elma - no just him and his mum. They do breaking and training for a living. I go along to help now and again with feeding and grooming and general yard work

Crap food day again :(

I was doing SO good yesterday...until 5pm. We were at a play cafe so DS1 could burn off some energy since it was a rainy day. DH bought a huge order of cheese covered fries (to be fair he asked me first if I would eat a few and i said yes). I really meant to only eat a few, but ended up eating half. :dohh::wacko: I was tracking calories, and still ended the day burning mor calories that I consumed....but my wight was up today. Likely due to all the salt in those fries.

Oh well, today is grocery shopping, laundry, and food prep. No workout since I'm feeling a bit not well. Baby sleep like crap again, think maybe 2nd tooth is about to cut. Tomorrow I'm back gung-ho on the 21 day fix. First week was a mixed bag, but I did see a new low for the first time in a month, so I definitely motivated!

Meh I'm kind of off today too. Visiting my parents and I tried to bring my lunch and be good but have had two candies and a clean eating bar for snack and a cup of coffee! And now I'll be getting home later than usual and don't want to cook what I was going to:/ trying to think of the most innocent take out I could manage....

Happy happy happy!! Considering the week I've had, I've lost 2lbs!!! :happydance: :happydance:

Great job mummyE!! More motivation for the coming week?!

I cheated and had Chinese last night :( I'm irritated with myself for giving in! I shouldn't have and now I'm feeling guilty. And probably set back. :(((

Now I have my second fiveK sneaking up on me on Saturday. I'm going to have to take my butt out walking/running this week to try to prep a bit. Doing it with my friend, not sure if she is going to want to run at all but best be prepared.

My arms are sore from the other day. Need to workout legs and abs (abs bad!!). On track today, no excuses. Stupid Chinese is in the fridge I should throw it out!!!

My motivations are I want to lose a good amount before September as me and my fiancé are going down for his Nana's birthday, but the biggest one is my wedding next August. I'm determined not to be a 'fat' bride like I was the first time round

Good job on the two lbs Ellie. I was up a bit today , but still lower than when startin 21df a week ago, do at least there's progress.

Got a good workout in this morning. Brisk walking with occasional jogging, then some strength exercises. Did well with food until dinner, when I ate an extra carb serving and a bit of jam. But I'm going to bed early so won't get my final snack in, so maybe it evens out in the end.

Kmr, k hope you threw away that Chinese food :haha: I was wondering: what weight Dumbbells do you use to get your killer biceps?

Those are great motivations Ellie!

Elma, Chinese is in the fridge but easy to steer clear today as I've been so mad at myself. Asking hubby to take it to work tomorrow for lunch. Totally on track today!! Weight was definitely up this mornjng ljke 124.2 buuuuut that's okay. That's what I get. I got a mile of walk jog (omg all three kids with me now that the big one is out for summer and he complained the whole second half as he rode his bike :/) then did lunges to the end of my driveway and back (then my two year old did too lol) it was a nice workout!
I have two two pound weights, and two five pound weights. I got them specifically for a pop sugar workout on YouTube (Google popsugar Madonna arms, although she has threes and fives) and that's the circuit I really used at first. Now I cycle it with the popular fitness blender circuits when I do arms, and I'm also lifting heavier now (yay for weights). But I got these pretty things with my twos and fives!! I still flex randomly just to feel them up, isn't that sick? I might pop out some curls before bed just to give them some love lol. Those Dumbbells were a really good investment. I think my next purchase might be resistance band (I see fun leg workouts with them) and maybe some kettle bells. But for now, I'm pretty happy with my weigh lifting.

Oh, I'll add that I even use the five Dumbbells when doing leg workouts. I'll just hold them for squats and lunges and lifts, and you can put them on your hips for bridges... It's not much but it definitely works your muscles harder!

So I have not weighed myself since saturday morning as I dreaded what my scale would say sunday as I ate horrible saturday night at the potluck and I had a lot of calories from drinking far to much!!! So I didnt weigh myself yesterday and then we left for the night to go to an indoor waterpark and hotel so didnt weigh myself this morning as I didnt have a scale. I know saturda, yesterday and today I didnt eat great so I will definitely be up tomorrow but as bad as this will sound it will be worth it as I had an amazing time with my kids. I will just have to bust my ass to get it off. Im motivated for this week as hubby is off all week and not only will we get to spend time together that we dont normally get but I may have a walking buddy for the week!!! So i didnt excercise saturday but I didnt lay on the couch so that is a plus haha. Yesterday I ran around packing for a while in the morning and I did walk around in the pool which isnt technically exercise but climbing the huge stairs to the water slides yesterday left me winded and with sore legs but so worth it. Then last night hubby and I walked casually not fast down by the falls. It was such a nice time with the hubby last night by the falls. so I guess all in all it was a bit of exercise. Today was really bad with food as it was take out and sanwiches and junk as we werent at home but I did spend most of the day walking in the pool with the kiddos and again the stairs to the waterslides was a killer burn to the legs but a good burn. I am hoping I am not up to to high in the morning but I am expecting as to not disappoint myself but I am so ready to jump back on the bandwagon!!! My goal is ideally to be down to 242 by june 28th (my birthday) so that is like 14lbs as of the other day. Not sure if it is possible but im really really really gonna try. Even if it is just water weight!
I hope you all are doing well!!!

Started the day with lunges and some bicep curls and tricep extensions. Diet on track except the cliff bar I ate while shopping earlier :/ lol tried to make good choices though.

Out and about and sweaty day in the south so maybe burned a few extra calories ;)

Hope you ladies are doing well. I'm slowly getting back to the 122s after my naughty Chinese binge. Thats what I get for cheating. It isn't worth it!!

Candice, we all have weekends like that. Good thng is you are still motivated, so it's only a small road bump on your path.

Kmr, Chinese food always makes me retain water. And Mexican. All that yummy sodium. I have 5 lbs weight, I just need to use them more.

I only did a short walk today, felt like I needed so easy day. Did quite well with food. I'm eager for tomorrow's weigh in. Really hoping for a new loe soon.

Still up :( have been eating crappy and no exercise after all but me and the family joined the ymca today and i am so excited to get involved and use the gym :D

So jealous of the gym Candice-- that's awesome that the whole family joined! Wish we had a kid friendly one here! But no. I am near a military installation and husband is retired to we have access to the free gym which is where he goes daily. But i will be holding off til he is better at watching my newest babe!

I'm just waking up and getting coffee in me. I'm going to try to get some strength training in before we head to our last music class of the semester! and then I have my second 5k on Saturdsy. Haven't trained, it will be run/walk lol. Doing it with a friend. So will probably take the day off tomorrow. But yeah need to work out today a bit!

Will check in later on after I have weighed in. I'm so frustrated I haven't seen my 122 number since Chinese food night. Hoping to today but I doubt it.

I've been so busy and tire the last couple days. Somehow I've managed to stay pretty much on track with both food and exercise. Had a little piece of a brownie today, but I said no to the ice cream at the End of the Year school party.

Was hoping for s new low yesterday or dod stay, but no luck. Maybe tomorrow's the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->