Accountability thread

Why didn't I see this one?! Grrrrr!
https://m.target.com/p/women-s-full...ebpdph3|related_prods_vv|mwebpdph3|16465302|2

I didnt mean so much cutting out carbs. I have switched to brown rice i am mainly just been opting out on potatoes

Man, I need a swim suit. We stayed at a hotel this weekend witht a pool, and I had nothing to wear. I got stuck in the room taking care of baby anyways, but still, if I'd had a suit I would have made DH watch the baby. I almost feel like I could handle a bikini... Almost.

First day of week three has gone well so far. Good am workout, have eaten well. Hopefully I can keep it in control this evening. Evening are always the toughest, right? It's like my will powere is all spent, and I'm so easily tempted. But tonight I WILL be good!!

Evening is when I always allow my cheat. It's like down time, I want to relax with a cookie or whatever and a glass of milk. Yeah. It's the hardest time of day.

You should rock s bikini Elma. I don't feel like I'll be totally comfortable but I also think... I've had three kids! I'm wearing this suit darn it! I say go for it.

I had a pretty good day except we need groceries bad so I had peanut butter jelly for lunch. Fojng shopping tomorrow to restock. Got s good workout in too, and now ice got a clogged duct! And a massive headache hoping I can clear it and it doesn't progress ugh! stupid slacker boob is always giving me trouble!!

I've done well with my eating the last two days. No real cheats besides maybe an extra serving of grains and/or healthy fats. Yesterday was my easy exercise day, so wasn't too active. Still, I was hoping for a new low when I weighed in this morning. No luck. But within a few oz of previous low.

Had a great workout this morning, even got so some actual (very light) jogging in. :happydance: baby slept like crap last night, so I think I may be pretty tired this afternoon. But now I'm high on post exercise endorphins. Well, that and coffee :haha:

How are you ladies doing? Any one else getting really hot weather this week? It was 75 deg ( and pure humidity) for my jog at 5:45. Gonna be in the 90s later (don't know how that converts to Celsius...). What happened to spring?

Oh I feel like we got a lovely spring here in Louisiana! It stayed mild temped for a long time (now winter WAS missing). In fact the temps haven't gotten too bad yet so far, around 90 maybe. So far so good, but not for long! Lol those hundred degree temps and humidity are on their way.

I didn't get a workout it yesterday, it was so busy. Will be today. Eating was on point finally as I got my grocery shopping done. My weight has hovered at 122.4, 122.6 for many days. It's always fun to see the number go down but I'm oretty happy with this weight, and would be fine maintaining here! Its nice to feel happy :)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Down to 121.0 this morning!

So:

21 day fix progress:
Start of round 1-- 127.8
Start of round 2-- 125.8
Almost end of round 2-- 121.0

Woohoo! Numbers are fun. Can't wait to do inches at the end, although at the end of round 1 I was down to 122.6 I think, so not expecting a huge change.

Well today was my princess's 5th bday and we went out for dinner so eating was shit but i have been down every day this week :) even though they were tiny tiny amounts

Didnt exercise a whole lot this week minus like a few 30-45 min walks

It is hot as heck here and humid as anything

Tomorrow i am planning on walking 30 mins to the ymca and then doing aquafit with the little guy and then an hour or so on the treadmill and then 30 min walk home so i am excited

Cutting carbs isn't the way to go! Just try make healthier choices eg brown rice, wholemeal pasta and minimise portions. You will just feel exhausted and grouchy if you cut them out.
^ i agree!
before i got pregnant, my husband and i both did some serious calorie counting and learned portion control. finding out what one serving actually was was very eye opening. definitely keep some carbs!:thumbup: (but, clearly everyone has already said all this by the time i got here)

I think the right ratios of macros are important. So small daily servings of carbs, along with nice lean proteins and then your fruits and veggies!! It's amazing how your body feels when you find the right balance!

Jump, I will link what I got in a separate post. I'm a little nervous, I would have preferred trying on, but the target nearest me didn't have this in stock. I need it though, I need to get the kids to the splash park and start working to keep then busy! My fat suit is too big and my super skinny suit is too small lol. We need a happy medium.
i ordered my maternity suit (just a tankini top) from target and it was great. i would much rather try on too. i'm thinking i want a cute v-neck one piece that actually has boob support, and how will i know without trying on?!:wacko: but swimsuits are 25% off on their website right now, so i might just bite the bullet and order one.:blush: the top you got is super cute!! and i LOVE mismatched tops and bottoms.:thumbup:

Man, I need a swim suit. We stayed at a hotel this weekend witht a pool, and I had nothing to wear. I got stuck in the room taking care of baby anyways, but still, if I'd had a suit I would have made DH watch the baby. I almost feel like I could handle a bikini... Almost.

First day of week three has gone well so far. Good am workout, have eaten well. Hopefully I can keep it in control this evening. Evening are always the toughest, right? It's like my will powere is all spent, and I'm so easily tempted. But tonight I WILL be good!!
take baby in the pool with you!:thumbup: we just started an aqua baby class for 30 minutes twice a week and baymax loves it! i also get a bit of an arm workout from lifting her and holding her in different positions and a leg workout from crouching so the water is up to my chest in the shallow end.:bodyb:

Tomorrow i am planning on walking 30 mins to the ymca and then doing aquafit with the little guy and then an hour or so on the treadmill and then 30 min walk home so i am excited
wish i could walk to the pool where we have swim class; that's a perfect combination!:thumbup:

went to the gym (did not USE the gym, just went:haha:) to use their scale today.
i'm 4.2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.:shock::mrgreen:

current plan is:
aqua baby class x2
walk x3
workout x3 (post natal pelvic core rebuilding program)
rest day x1

not sure what combination that will actually end up taking, but will likely walk on swim days plus one other?:shrug:

went to the store and loaded up healthy snacks. veggies, frozen fruit, some dried apricots, greek yogurt, etc.:bodyb:

Candice happy birthday to your sweet DD!! Just jump right back on the workout wagon when you have time.

Jump-- that stupid top was too big! I listened to the reviews and sized up and it was too big. I wound up just orderkng another in the smaller size. aside from it being too big it was suuuuper cute. So hopefully next size down will work well. My girls don't need much support, even full of milk lol.

I got a decent full body workout yesterday. Plan on doing full on legs today. Hopefully I get it done, chickies are out of feed and I have to get to the feed store and mother is coming over for a visit so weeeeee will see.

Hope ladies are doing well.

This morning despite the resteraunt meal and cake i am only up .2. I am so glad to hear that and i feel so refreshed and ready to start the day!!!

Time to get ready for baby aquafit!!!

I am reading a good book on carb cycling right now and i think i might try it. It seems simple enough!!!
Hope you all are doing well

That aquafit rele kicked my ass. I wasnt expecting that but the instructor said aquafit is a very efficent workout since you have to fight water. My legs are burning but its a good burn

Water exercise is excellent exercise! Constant resistance! I'm glad it was challenging for you, excited to hear how more go. A little jealous would love to take one myself, or any excuse to be in the pool lol. I miss swimming.

Might try abs and arms today. Husband is off tomorrow and I'm trying to get him to agree to go out of town tomorrow (I ordered the swimsuit from target and several pairs of shorts from old navy and everything is too big! I'm going to be buying size six ladies! Maybe even size four the 8s were so big. Squeeeee!!!!) and I need to exchange all these clothes.
slightly sore from my workout yesterday. Did legs but my internet was on the fritz with all the storms we got so I wound up winging it. But did recent. Then in no excuse moms (on Facebook I love it you guys should look) I saw someone ask how long could you hold a plank for so I had to try.... I hit two minutes, could have gone longer but my daughter sat down on me at the end :/ lol.
Hope you ladies are doing well! Haven't heard from you in a bit Elma!
Loe!
Spud!

I was gonna check in last night but I fell asleep nursing baby. I actually got a semi decent night sleep for the first time in half a week.

Ladies, I've done terrible the last couple days. Had pizza for lunch yesterday for my friends going away at work (so yummy...). And DH brought home these amazingly seasoned peanuts. I've eaten so many :dohh: and we went to the farmers market this morning and I let myself try all the samples. It was all sweet pastries and whatnot. Which all together all together has to have been at least the equivalent of a large cookie or muffin. Dammit.

I've been so good avoiding sugar the last 3 weeks on the 21df. And then I totally fall off the wagon with only 3 days to go. :growlmad: I was actually seriously thinking just ending now and skipping the last few days, just so I could eat that ice cream in the freezer. BUT NO!!! I will see this through to the end.

Sure would have helped if I'd seen a new low this week. Last time was last Saturday, and I really did good this week until yesterday. Maybe I'm gaining muscle weight? :shrug: I have been doing more strength work and eating more protein that usual.

So today i was down .2 from yesterday surprisingly but i have not done any exercise today and not sure if i will be as i have to prep for my daughters party tomorrow. I am also out to lunch as i speak so between todays eating and what i will munch on tomorrow i am dreading tomorrow and mondays weigh in eeek! That being said i know if i have fallen off i dust it off and get up and try again.
I am so excited to start carb cycling in the next 2 weeks or so. It seems like it works

Elma don't beat yourself up, and good job for seeing it through! I'm not ending the fix, I'll be staying on. Im just too happy with my results. I bought old navy shorts online, size eight, what I thought to get... And went to exchange them in store yesterday.... Had to get size FOUR. Haven't been in a size four since pre baby number two, when I was pretty much the skinniest of my life. So feeling good, only now im in shape too! Lol so inthink I'm officially at my best.

Didn't work out yesterday. We did the impromptu clothing exchange and the town is an hour away, so took up the entire afternoon. Will be doing srms and abs today. Noticed last night as I was laying in bed that I've got the very beginnings of a six pack... After I lay down and the mom fat is spread out a bit lol. So that psychs me out.

Check in ladies! It always makes my day to read your posts!

What is carb cycling?

I have been reading a book on it by Chris Powell.
The basic idea is you do one of his 9 min exercise regims as soon as you wake up from monday-friday (strength training) and starting at 5mins and every week upping 5 more mins till you get to 60 of cardio monday-friday.
You dont have to exercise on the weekend!!!
So there are 4 different "settings" to chose from. I am looking at the turbo as you lose weight the quickest.
So you have to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.
My schedule would be
Monday:low carb
Tuesday: low carb
Wednesday: high carb
Thursday: low carb
Friday: low carb
Saturday:high carb
Sunday: cheat day(you get to eat your fave foods in moderation)

Every breakfast whether high or low carb you eat protein(palm size portion), good carb like banana(fist size portion), and veggie (2 fist fulls or more).
Then on low carb days you eat protein, veggies, and fat(portion size of ur thumb) for the other 4 meals/snacks.
On high carb days you eat the same as you do for breakfast for the other meals.

From what i have gathered on your high carb days the carbs you eat get your metabolism going fast that on low carb days you burn through your fat.
Then there are what you do if you hit a plateau in weight loss and what not
:)

I checked in this morning at 256.4 which is only up .8 from yesterday but i did eat crappy yesterday and no exercise due to a cyst i had. I gotta buckle down this week :)
Hope you all are doing well

Today was the official end of the 3 weeks of my 21 day fix (though I skipped two day the first week when I was sick). I'm a bit bummed that I haven't had a weight low since last Saturday (147.6 I think). This morning I was 148.6. I started at 151.0. So I either lost 2.4 or 3.4 lbs depending on which weight I use.

Not the 4 lbs I'd hoped for, but considering I'd not lost any wieght for a month before that, it was a good effort over all. And I've been eating so healthy and I've exercised more that I have in any 3 week stretch in a long long time. I'm sure I'd be feeling great if I weren't so sleep deprived.

I'll take my measurments later today or tomorrow an share.

While yesterday was the end of my three week stint, I'm waiting until I get back down to my low again, i took the weekend off from being strict and I want to make sure I get the right weight! Can't wait to hear Elma. You might be surprised, sometimes the scale doesn't move much but you've had more progress than you realize!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->