Accountability thread

You can adjust info in my fitness pal to be more tailored to your lifestyle and needs? How much weight you hope to lose per week, etc. like my allotment is 1600 calories (or so) per day, and I breastfeed my almost two year old and six week old, so I tack on the extra five hundred breastfeeding calories to that total. Comes out to 2100 per day. I'm not a huuuge fan of it, but I do like the extra awareness I have now. Because I thought my diet was pretty damn good, but things add up quick.

I didn't exercise yesterday. But once I get baby down I'm Doing the arms and abs YouTube videos I have that got me really sore the other day. Then we will see after that what else I'm In the mood for... Once I force myself to do the first things, doing more is easy, I'm actually in the mood! I'll be having a protein shake for lunch.

I REALLY want a Fitbit!

And spud, be sure to take it easy! I think especially when it's not our first, we can forget that our bodies just performed a monumental task and that we need to let it heal!

It is good to make you aware, but before I began this health kick my eating was really terrible, I was having takeouts at least three times a week, chocolate as snacks, huge portions, drinking too much wine :rofl: it really was ridiculous I've totally changed my lifestyle so I'm feeling pretty confident that, that in itself will shed these pounds. :)

I want a fit bit too!

Kmr - can I just add, wow you breast feed two kiddies? Way to go mamma! That's amazing!

Thanks ladies. I felt better after half an hour. You are right though about a second birth. It was so much easier than the first that I don't feel like I've been hit by a bus this time so i think I'm good to go.

Mummy to be - well done for the health kick. When I get bad i get really bad (he he sounds naughty) but I mean something similar to your description...too much chocolate, alcohol, cakes buns, takeaways and no green.

I just had some chocolate. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I've got three 'treats' a week anyway. I'm not counting calories either, just trying to eat non processed food.

Three treats a week is good - I had a few treats this weekend too, McDonald's. Curry and some wine - oh and a chocolate roll thing - never mind though it was allowed it was the weekend ;)

So it's Monday morning here now and I am back too it. No more treats until the weekend for me!

Happy Monday ladies!

Ugh ladies! I had a horrid stomach virus, as did my six and two year old! Yesterday was spent recovering. The last time I weighed myself was 134.something and yesterday was 128.6... Pretty sure there was NOTHING left in my stomach after that bug got me. Back on the horse today. And I was all proud of staying under my calories on Sunday!

I'm going to do Piyo today I feel like I've been slacking on thmy exercise and that one really gets me sweating. I ordered a Cize (dancing workout like Zumba) from eBay last week and got a call that the account that sold it was compromised and I needed to file a claim. So annoyed. Really wanting that cardio training.

I don't like calorie counting either. I only picked it up because a friend of mine decided to get with me on the fitness train and she recommended using it. So I am too in support. Hubby is on board with me getting a fit bit (or a jawbone, I'm trying to decide between the two) so I might be getting that soon.

Okay off to my morning. I'll check back in soon ladies to share workout and whatnot :)

Oh sorry you've been ill kmr :hugs: great for the weight loss though :rofl: ;)

Right ok, so I've downloaded my fitness pal and it's quite good to keep track of what I'm consuming so I'm keeping it :)

HOWEVER, I'm craving bad food, so bad! HELP!

Stay strong, mummy!

I've been using myfitnesspal too. It's actually helpful. Yesterday, I was going to have some junk food, but I didn't want to add it to the app, so I skipped it. Yay.

I'm trying :rofl: really hard.... I'll let you know if it worked by the end of the day :rofl:

Mummy, have you checked into low calorie sweet stuff? I have a terrible sweet tooth at night before bed. So I bought myself low calorie sweets. One pack has 120 or so calories, and takes the place of my nightly sweet treat! And they are tasty. The brand I get is called skinny cow, not sure if they have that in the UK? But check into it! And be sure to input exercise, then you've earned extra calories for the day!

I finished my Piyo sweat, got the whole thing done and my legs were shaking!! So good workout and did really good compared to the first time I did it. I can feel the difference in my legs and arms, can feel that they are getting stronger. Such a good feeling!

I'm in another group that likes to share sweat photos, so here's mine!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2
You definitely don't look like you need to lose weight! Looking great!

I don't have a sweet tooth really Hun, it's fatty foods I love, pizzas, chips all that crap, the worst kind of food :rofl: so I haven't caved, eaten sensible, I am however sat enjoying a glass of wine, but I've some calories left over so that's ok

Hello. I had my chocolate indulgence yesterday. This was one thing I said I was going to let myself have as I wanted it all throughout my pregnancy but as it's chocolate mousse it has raw egg whites in it. But I had it oh yum it was soooooo decadent with chocolate chocolatey ice cream.

For some sweet treats I'm planning (note plan ha ha as often I lack time) to make some refined sugar free chocolates with a 'caramel' filling. The caramel fill g is just blended fresh dates. I'm also going to squeeze some citrus fruits and make them into sweets using gelatin. Well that's the plan. Trouble is I always just eat them anyway
Lol.

Spud, tell me how that is!! I've got some healthier sweet options pinned on Pinterest but I haven't tried anything yet. Finding the time is hard these days lol.

Mummy, I'm sorry! It's such a struggle! I love pizza myself, and fries and ice cream lol. I'm totally wiling to still eat this stuff, just every now and again rather than several times a week. Hubs and I went out the other day and stopped for fast food to get the kids chicken nuggets... He wound up ordering a huge meal, and I got nothing. It was hard saying no, but it felt good too! That much less work you have to do to lose the weight.
I'm not really worried about weight so much as just trimming up losing some of this body fat, and toning muscle. I have been out of shape almost my entire adult life and it's time for a change! But I know that good physical fitness goes hand in hand with a good diet, so whatev. We're giving it a go.

For lunch a bad a lean cuisine. It was filling and tasty, easy and high protein! Only 210 calories I think. Im pretty sure they have pizza versions mummy, and other healthier substitutes. Or making them at home (wheat pizza dough? Light cheese? Lots of veggie toppings?) might be an option. Wouldn't feel bad eating wheat pizza loaded with veggies!

I love pizza too. It's some if my favourite food.
Sometimes I gave made spelt flour pizza bases. My husband who is very very picky liked it. My dh likes it too. But once again it's time. I've also made cauliflower pizza bases. They are delicious. I might start doing it again. Put cauliflower in the blender and chop until small like rice. Mix with grated cheese, one egg and salt and pepper. Put on a baking tray with baking paper flattened like a pizza. Bake until golden brown. Then just treat it like a normal pizza base.

Pizza can be very healthy. I get a bit obsessed with the ingredients lists on things so I like to make my own of I can but I'm really crap at actually doing it.

Yeah there are definitely ways to makes your favorites healthier and guilt-free. I'm not very good at it, but I haven't really tried either.

What do you ladies think about substituting whole wheat pasta for white, and brown rice for white? I need to research the amount of benefit of doing this, but seems like it could be worth it.

I am not feeling too sore today which sucks. I was really sweating in my workout yesterday though. Will maybe double up workouts today I really want that sore feeling! I'm going to try to clean my double jogger today and see how my squish fits into it. I'm really excited to start walking but I've not found the time. Doing thirty minute workout plus regular house work and outings with both littles... But that's an excuse (or so my husband says) and so I need to make time for what I want.

It's five thirty in the morning here ladies, ready to start the day!! Check in with me when you can and let me know how you are doing!

Hi ladies.

Ok so today my little boy is poorly he has tonsillitis and a fever so he's very clingy so I think today could be a day of grabbing what I can but I will Try make those healthy choices

Poor babe! Hope he feels better soon!

Thank you :hugs:

On a better note, my trousers are slacker today!! Woo!

Okay so I'm on day 6 of slimming world, I weighed myself last night and I was 10st6. I was 10st11 last Thursday!

Exercise wise not been doing much, I have swapped wine for gin (I swear I'm not an alcoholic but I do enjoy a glass of wine a few nights a week!) and I have been eating less cheese and chocolate.

Loving the cauliflower pizza idea! I make cauliflower rice which is yummy, and I learned a fab curry sauce recipe made with cauliflower, but pizza is my ultimate vice so will need to give that a go!

I think I'm losing my mind - I tried to make veggie omelette for breakfast and forgot to beat up the eggs - I just smashed them straight into the pan and couldn't work out what I had done wrong! So maybe the 4lb has all been brain cells!

I think I'm losing my mind - I tried to make veggie omelette for breakfast and forgot to beat up the eggs - I just smashed them straight into the pan and couldn't work out what I had done wrong! So maybe the 4lb has all been brain cells!

Lol!!

Congrats on the weight loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->