Accupuncture ladies-from TTC to BFP

OMG KITS!!!! I just saw you tested this morning! Congratulations! I hope everything goes well and you stay here taking about all the wonderful beautiful things your body will be doing making a new life. Fingers crossed!

Melly, I forgot to say it made me so happy to read of your progress, I remember how you felt when that bleeding started. What a scare...

Girls, thank you I'm so excited I'm an aunt now, I can't wait to see him in person, he's so beautiful! I talked to my sister and said " you made a person", " I know, it's incredible" she said :)

You are all incredible :)

Congrats kits! So excited for you, hoping you stay right here with us.

Kits! OMG - I'm so happy for you - congrats!!!!!! I've been away only just picked up your message. I will look up your formulas right away. Xxx

Hi kits

I would contact your acu ASAP and explain you are pregnant and ask for her advice re herbs. I'm not a herbalist but a few ingredients on your list are mentioned in my herb book as contraindicated in pregnancy: yi my cao, Tao ren.

But I'm sure your acu knows what she is doing. As for me - I was taking a self prescribed herbal formula the cycle I got pregnant. I found one of the ingredients was contraindicated in pregnancy so I stopped taking it.

I so understand all the worry and anxiety you are going through but you got pregnant and I genuinely believe there is little you can do to influence the outcome other than relax, eat well and sleep well. Don't worry about all things you did before you knew you were pregnant. I had my birthday the day before I conceived and I drank a lot of wine, gin and tonics and ran several miles across London one evening (and I'm completely unfit!). I really think if it's meant to be it will be.

Thinking of you! And congratulations - it's a fantastic milestone to get a positive test.

Xxx

It's OK, I stopped taking the herbs immediately & even hadn't taken it last night. I also skipped a few evenings last week.

I was panicking because she kept making sure I wasn't pregnant before I was to take them (I've gotten a ton of bfn's, looks like I just ovulated late!), that's why I knew they wouldn't be the best idea after my bfp this morning. She was trying to bring on AF. I've been on them for 3 weeks.

Going to ring her first thing in the morning for sure!

Thanks Jazzbird, I'm sure you're pretty busy being so close to due date!

I'm also going to doctor's first thing in the morning, let's see what they say. So far I think I'm feeling OK, just light cramping but with my history I don't want to take chances.

If I stay pregnant I think I'll be going back & forth between the 2 rooms.

Thanks ladies!!! Here's to hoping all goes well [-o<[-o<[-o<

Kits - think you made a wise decision stopping the herbs. Take it easy and look after yourself. We are all praying this embryo sticks!

Xxx

Jazzbird, spoke to my ACU & she assures me that the herbs wouldn't cause any harm but she understands my not wanting to keep taking them. She did say she was going to give me a different formula now that I am pregnant.

Is there benefit to taking herbs at this stage?

Thanks again for all your help!

All the best ladies!! :hug:

Hi kits - yes I think there are benefits to herbs in pregnancy - all depends on what the diagnosis is. There are points to feed the foetus! Also herbs to support kidneys as they are the gate of life and take a hammering in pregnancy. Also to support the blood - the embryo requires lots of nourishment.

I stopped taking herbs in pregnancy but it was more for financial reasons. I think they can be excellent!

Omg kits...wonderful news. :hugs:

how is everyone else doing?

I'm feeling great at 15 weeks and it's a bit worrying bc i was so sick 1st tri that it was a reassurance that I'm pregnant.
And now I feel great! So it's a bit worrying in that way.

Breaking- I know its hard not to worry, but enjoy feeling good! Pretty soon you will feel him/her moving and will feel much better.

I feel good too. I get short of breath a little more easily, read that it was hormone related. Hopefully, its not due to being more anemic than I was before, but other than that I just feel large. Its OK though. Been walking a lot, trying not to gain too much but then I get sooooo hungry so its kinda a wash. Working on my feet for 12 hours straight is getting to be a lot, but I've been taking care of more babies so at least I'm not lifting heavy teenagers anymore. Other than that just busy working on the new house, trying to get a few things done before we move our furniture in. Haven't slept there yet, but can't wait!!

Hey gals!

Ging - the breathlessness can get pretty tough as the baby grows and takes up all your space! I have been fairly lucky that mine is sitting quite low. Now I'm nearly 35 weeks and my belly aches when I walk and turn sides in the night. But it is nothing like the first 20 odd weeks where I became a vomiting recluse!

Breaking - enjoy these weeks!!! I understand how worrying it is when you start feeling normal again. You could always buy/rent a doppler for reassurance. I've used mine on occasion. But it's only 4 weeks or so before you'll feel him/her move and then you'll get daily reassurance. You might even feel it earlier but it's hard to distinguish baby movements from gas and muscle twitches.

AFM, I have finished birthing classes now and put up the cot this week. I need to buy a few bits and pieces but we are nearly there. We are just finishing off some house alterations and then I will be decluttering and reorganising everywhere.

I can't believe I only have a few weeks left!

Hope everyone from the States had a nice 4th of July.

I'm coming down with a cold, stupid question I shouldn't even ask- but he'll be okay in there right? I know the answer is yes he will be fine, but I can't help it- I worry about him anyway. I don't need to tell the doctor unless I have a fever right?

Ging, i hope it's not too bad of a cold, and you have so much going on with the move too...

All of your instinct is right :) baby should be just fine, keep taking your Tylenol and if you don't have a fever I believe there's nothing to really worry about. I hope you can get some rest :)

Hello ladies!
Sorry, I've been out. Went on a primitive camping trip the past five days (no showers and just a tent). I was worried that I would feel horrible and couldn't hike, but I felt great. Much like Breaking, I feel so good that now I keep worrying that baby is still there and growing. My belly is not getting any bigger at all either! I figured I'd have at least a little bump, but nothing! I can't wait until my appointment on the 21st, because I'm feeling oddly good and need that reassurance.

Ging: I was super sick about three or four weeks ago. I didn't take Nyquil or anything, just some Tylenol. I was miserable, but managed to tough through it. The baby will be fine from what I'm told, you just need to rest more.

Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Hi ladies...

Thanks for the words of support.
I've got a 16w5d ultrasound on friday si I'm looking fwd to seeing baby again and reassurance that all is good.

Ive slowly gained weight in wait area that I don't look like my usual body shape. There is a small bump which is not prominent enough...that I can still wear my usual clothes.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying it all.

How is everyone?
Jazz bird- not long now!
Not much here, just trying to get settled into the new house. Lots of cleaning, unpacking, yard work ect... but its fun work because its ours. I think we are almost done with our master bedroom and can start working on the baby's room next. Haven't started a registry yet, but hoping to work on that too in the next few weeks. Summer is flying by. Soooooo glad we went on vacation a few weeks ago, because its been non stop since!

Hey ladies! It's all been very quiet on this thread but no news is good news.

Ging - your house sounds fab! I bet you can't wait to get started on the nursery!

I'm fine - 4 weeks til my due date!!! Eeeek! Still not feeling very real. We're going to be in shock for a month or two when it finally does happen. Belly is quite big now and I can feel limbs and butt now! My midwife says the baby's head is engaged.

I think I'm getting braxton hicks contractions now.

It's all so real yet so unreal. I feel impatient yet not ready at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->