• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Active group of Military Spouses, Girlfriends, and Fiances TTC

That's great! I hope you catch soon and that everything works out with the adoption agency whether it's for now or the future!

Congrats!!! I am so happy to hear that! My husband and I are feeling good this month but try not to get to excited! But we talked to an adoption agency today, That we may be able to afford out of pocket! We are super excited about that! We will more than likely adopt whether or not I get pregnant on my own or not! It has always held a place in my heart. Plus we have decided to only take all this medication once. It starts to take a toll after awhile!

That is so awesome! We want to adopt too. Are you looking to adopt from the US or elsewhere? What agency is it and what do their prices look like? It always amazes me how much agencies charge... I don't know how the AF works, but I know the Navy will give you a stipend for adoption. Have you looked into that?? (I'm sure you have; you've probably been looking into this for a while.... but just thought I'd ask!)

Thank you. I'm still poas because I'm so scared that something might happen. I told the hubby to just humor me and get me more preggo test till I go for my first appt.

I was doing the same thing but found out that even if you have a mc it will still show pregnant :( It's so scary. I feel like I can't really do anything to protect the little bean. I am taking pilates and today my instructor pushed on my stomach really hard. She knows I'm pregnant too so it pissed me off! Hands off the belly!!

I have we will get 2,000 I believe is what it was. The agency is called the Wyoming Children's Network. They charge 1500 for the home study, 150 for the application and than the placement fee is 15% of your total gross income, no less than 10,000 no more than 18000, and the nice thing with the placement fee is 2/3 is due at placement and than the rest at finalazation. You do have to get your own attorney but that should be no more than 1000! So it gives me hope that it will work out!

Then you get a tax credit for 12k from the govt on your next tax return.

Ann89, how are you feeling on the clomid??

I dont start is till cd 5. and I'm on cd 3. I'll let you guys know friday night to see if I have any symptoms from taking it in the morning.

ann89! I would highly suggest taking it at night, unless your doc said other wise than I will shut my mouth!!

Hey ladies, thanks for the welcome!

Yes, losing that many babies is hard.... but losing a baby full stop is hard... as is not being able to get pregnant in the first place. Think it is even hard when you are the other half of a military man lol!

I know Guey from another thread... congrats again Guey on your happy news!!

ann89! I would highly suggest taking it at night, unless your doc said other wise than I will shut my mouth!!

Ya that's what everyone tells me.. But I'm so excited to take it that I don't want to wait till night to take it on cd 5... :haha: Would I be able to take it tonight around 12am?

Take it at night on day 5. Usually clomid makes you tired so they recommend it at night.

I am not sure on that, it is hard to say, but I tried once during the day and had a hard time during the day!

Padbrat! I have always wanted a mini us, so that if god forbid something where to happen to him I would want a part of him always with me!

Yea know what you mean Family... I also know it is harder on you guys in the US as the tours are longer than ours.... ours are shorted (7-8 months) but more frequent I think. My Husband has been to Afghan and Iraq (plus other places) a number of times and I am dreading it when we leave our current posting which is non deployable and go back to the field army as I know he will head back to Afghan again.

Hence why we have no resorted to treatment as I am sick of waiting and putting our lives on hold around the timetable of the Army... it is now or never ladies! LOL

*now resorted.... heavens my typing is awful!! lol

hi everyone!!

sorry i know this thread had died down a bit!but thought i'd add something! personally i have now come to the conclusion that I hate my OH being in the army. he is a army policeman and stationed so far away. how are we ever able to bb lol. My entire family too has been linked to the military and I have load of respect but really I think the army should let they soldiers off when they OH are fertile so the can at least have a chance to TTC. this is SOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating. not only is my brother serving in Afghanistan but my OH is stationed in a little town in Germany boo!

Sorry to hear that Coogee. :( My husband pretty much works a normal work scedule so I havn't had problems with him being in the military and ttc yet.

So ladies.. I've been on clomid this cycle.. And tomorrow I go in for a scan to see if my follicles are growing! Let's hope they are!

Random question: what does everyone think about circumcision? We are having to decide if we would want to do it if we have a boy. I have never "met" (haha) an uncircumcised penis and I can't imagine my son not having one. But then I kind of feel guilty about that, as I know it's painful and the medical benefits are debatable.

I am for cirumcision because I don't want to be the one to clean it until they are old enough to take care of it themselves, and I think my boys would be more concerned that they don't look like their dad. I've never met a guy that was circumcised as a baby that wishes he hadn't been circumcised.

I totally understand how you're feeling coogee. DH and I started trying back in december, but have been separated since march, and we got to see eachother for a weekend in July. We should be together again soon, so it'll be nice to be able to consecutively ttc, but we just found out that he already has another tdy scheduled in a few months so if we don't get pg before then, then we will miss one, if not two fertile periods.

I'm also for circumcision.. I also never met a Penis that was circumcised Haha. And also the cleaning!

So I went to my scan and it looks like I'm not going to ovulate on 50mg clomid.. :( I have to call on Tuesday and see what the next step is which I'm guessing is 100mg clomid. I hope it works next time.. I'm getting scared clomid won't work at all.

:hugs: ann. I'm sorry the clomid isn't working for you so far. I hope they can find a solution that'll get you ovulating.

Hello ladies I just wanted to update you on what has been going on with me and I found out on the 29th that I'm pregnant!!!!

ann89 - Sorry the clomid isn't working for you, 50mg didnt work for me either. :( I didnt ovulate on my own on 100mg either, I had to take an HCG trigger to ovulate. I hope things start working with you :hugs:

Hels_Bells - My OH is uncircumcised and personally I think it looks better. I don't think I'm gonna circumcise my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->