Acupuncture

The prices in London seem to so expensive - generally most clinics seem to charge between £75-£85 for first consult and then about £70 per session thereafter.

Hi everyone - I'm in London too, and the prices are crazy high. I've been going to Barbican acupuncture, the prices are as above. I took out a healthplan which pays half the cost, up to a certain amount. I think Zita West also does acupuncture at her clinic, I'm not sure, worth considering.

My acupuncturist recommended 6 sessions, I spread them out over a few months. I had just had my last one two weeks ago - and I can't believe it but I just got a BFP! I am not saying that there's a link, but who knows! I was doing other stuff as well, so maybe it all contributed. I didn't notice any effects such as feeling relaxed, although I think that it did make me sleep really deeply (like a coma!) so maybe it was relaxing me.
(I started taking the herbs that he made as well, but not for long, I worried that I didn't know what they were doing.)

Good luck everyone x :dust:

Congrats on your BFP! This makes me so happy to hear!

The prices in London seem to so expensive - generally most clinics seem to charge between £75-£85 for first consult and then about £70 per session thereafter.

Hi everyone - I'm in London too, and the prices are crazy high. I've been going to Barbican acupuncture, the prices are as above. I took out a healthplan which pays half the cost, up to a certain amount. I think Zita West also does acupuncture at her clinic, I'm not sure, worth considering.

My acupuncturist recommended 6 sessions, I spread them out over a few months. I had just had my last one two weeks ago - and I can't believe it but I just got a BFP! I am not saying that there's a link, but who knows! I was doing other stuff as well, so maybe it all contributed. I didn't notice any effects such as feeling relaxed, although I think that it did make me sleep really deeply (like a coma!) so maybe it was relaxing me.
(I started taking the herbs that he made as well, but not for long, I worried that I didn't know what they were doing.)

excellent news this is why its worth doing it :hugs: congratulations xx

peacebaby here are a couple of links i've found for you which is worth a look at

https://juliet-acupuncture.co.uk/fees/ £48.00

https://www.fairleewell.co.uk/price-list/ £45.00

https://www.balhamtherapyrooms.co.uk/page/meet_our_therapists £45.00

Congratulations Cypress on your :bfp: fantastic news :happydance:

https://lt3f.lilypie.com/kLHGp1.png

congrats cypress, fabulous news! May you have a happy, healthy and joyous 9 months!

@jodes2011, those links look great, thank you so much for your help :flow:, am giving them a call first thing tomorrow!

Congratulations on your :bfp: Cypress!
This is great news. Now I'm so looking forward to my acu appt tomorrow!

Congratulations! :happydance:, honey so good to see that acupuncture does work i am about to start my 8th month of twice a month sessions but i am 44 so it was told to me that it would take longer I am in london well ashford and i only pay 37 pound a session !, what herbs were you taking as im only taking folic acid, zinc, iron, and selenium and She Oak 7 drops 3 times a day and really hoping that it all works x

Congratulations! :happydance:, honey so good to see that acupuncture does work i am about to start my 8th month of twice a month sessions but i am 44 so it was told to me that it would take longer I am in london well ashford and i only pay 37 pound a session !, what herbs were you taking as im only taking folic acid, zinc, iron, and selenium and She Oak 7 drops 3 times a day and really hoping that it all works x
She also had CoQ10 on her list at 60mg. Click on her TTC journal.

Congrats cypress xxxhave a happy and healthy 9 months
Ive now been having acupuncture for nearly 5 weeks now one hour a week costs me 35 pounds a session and also chinese herbs i take every day my chinese dr says i have a blockage there and also treating me to get energy stronger to produce a strong egg and also address my stress levels. My last af was very red and flowed better so im already seeing results. My dr said shes treated a few women to gain pregnancy up to age of 49 and shes confident i will concieve. Lets hope so dear god please. Oh i also have a heat lamp on my tummy and been told to eat lots of shell fish and take cq10 supliments.

Anyone got any opinions on how long you should keep at something if it hasn't given you any results? I've been doing acupuncture once a week for about 2.5 months/3 cycles now and - obviously - nothing. The cost isn't a massive problem but it does add up (I hate to think how much I've spent total on TTC!) - and anyway, if it's not doing it for you, why throw money away?

I believe in acupuncture, it seems to have good results for a lot of people... but like all things/supplements TTC, it's about finding the one that helps you/your situation. And maybe this isn't mine.

I also wonder whether it helps most for women who just need an extra edge, or have a small issue to iron out, whereas I have a significant LP issue and/or lining issue that acupuncture (alone) isn't going to solve.

Or - should I give it longer?!

Didn't you just have a 12 day LP?

Yeah but I think that's mainly the clomid :shrug: (it hadn't done anything at all on the two cycles prior to that)

AND anyway, TMI, but my period was absolutely negligible - 2 days of light flow. And the acu was supposed to be helping that...

I am willing to give it longer, I just don't know if I'm throwing my money away :wacko:

Maybe stop for a cycle and see how it goes?

What if it was the acupuncture that extended your LP and not the Clomid?

Stopping would be a good way of finding out...

Maybe stop for a cycle and see how it goes?

What if it was the acupuncture that extended your LP and not the Clomid?

Stopping would be a good way of finding out...

Yeah true.... aarggh well I'll carry on for now, can't harm anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->