Acupuncture

Are you SURE the Clomid didn't thin your lining? That's the most common side effect I've heard on these boards. I wouldn't stop the acupuncture, personally. Did you get any measurements of your uterine lining done while in your LP? That should let the drs. know you need progesterone help...gah!! Let 'em know about your flow and concern about thin lining. Hope you get some CoQ10, too.

googly give it another month and then go from there. Is your energy points really strong? Because then you know its working like a charm. Mine are. When she stuck the needles in me yesterday i could've jumped of the bed and they started to feel really achey which according to my practicitioner is good.

Don't know much about clomid so i can't help you on that one. Also my lady said you cannot lengthen LP by using acupuncture :shrug: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Anyone got any opinions on how long you should keep at something if it hasn't given you any results? I've been doing acupuncture once a week for about 2.5 months/3 cycles now and - obviously - nothing. The cost isn't a massive problem but it does add up (I hate to think how much I've spent total on TTC!) - and anyway, if it's not doing it for you, why throw money away?

I believe in acupuncture, it seems to have good results for a lot of people... but like all things/supplements TTC, it's about finding the one that helps you/your situation. And maybe this isn't mine.

I also wonder whether it helps most for women who just need an extra edge, or have a small issue to iron out, whereas I have a significant LP issue and/or lining issue that acupuncture (alone) isn't going to solve.

Or - should I give it longer?!

Everything I've read states that a min of 3 months is needed to see any results, ie suppliments, herbal remidies, lifestyle changes, and even accupunture must come under this too, so I would carry on for at least the 4 months, and then take stock to see what has improved in yourself, I know its worrying when like myself at my age, you worry about time ticking away, but these things do need time to work. I have read and heard good results on drinking rasberry leaf tea for lining issues, I drink this myself, not because of TTC because I love the stuff to drink,its gorgeous, I used to drink it all the time with my last pregnancys years back, and I swear/convinced thats why I had such short labours, my labours for both my daughters were under 4 hours each, so I really do think this tea works on the uterus very well, but do have a read up on it. Good Luck x

Anyone got any opinions on how long you should keep at something if it hasn't given you any results? I've been doing acupuncture once a week for about 2.5 months/3 cycles now and - obviously - nothing. The cost isn't a massive problem but it does add up (I hate to think how much I've spent total on TTC!) - and anyway, if it's not doing it for you, why throw money away?

Hi - I guess they're all different, but my acupuncturist recommended to me a round of 6 sessions, which he said should be sufficient to rebalance things. After that, i'm not sure - either stop if i couldnt afford anymore, or, more likely, reduce frequency to maybe once every month or two. It is v expensive. Like you i dread to think what ive spent on ttc!

hi all

here's an interesting thread on Traditional Chinese Medicine:

The really useful TCM thread

Jodes I know what you mean abou the aching the one she sticks for general endocrine system in the top of my right hand always grabs me and aches the whole time. I wonder why the rest of the points don't do that?
She stuck a needle in the middle of my forehead today and put me to sleep...I am going to ask for that one next time.

Are you SURE the Clomid didn't thin your lining? That's the most common side effect I've heard on these boards. I wouldn't stop the acupuncture, personally. Did you get any measurements of your uterine lining done while in your LP? That should let the drs. know you need progesterone help...gah!! Let 'em know about your flow and concern about thin lining. Hope you get some CoQ10, too.

Hi SS, no I'm totally sure clomid DID thin my lining! (was already thin to start with). I'm just saying, with or without clomid, acupuncture doesn't seem to have helped that part of things - when that was the aim in the first place.

But maybe fighting clomid is just too hard for it :shrug:

I'm not doing monitored cycles at the moment but I think I'm going to call the FS to see if there's anything I can do this cycle to improve it :thumbup:

I agree with the others who have recommended sticking with it for a little longer. I think it's so easy (and normal) to jump around to different things when TTC without giving our bodies sufficient time to adjust. There are so many things out there to try and I see so many women just ping-ponging from one thing to the next - not giving anything much time to really make a difference. Sometimes sticking with something just puts you in a different place energetically (and yeah, I can totally relate - last week was ready to give up on it after this cycle).

The great thing about acupuncture is that there is someone working with you to adjust things according to your progress. I too had a very short period on my first month of acupuncture - from 5 days down to barely 3 - so we're adjusting my herbs. But it also helped increase my LP from 11-15 days and my O has moved up from day 19 to day 17.

If nothing else, I find acupuncture really calming and always leave my sessions feeling super positive. It's nice to have a practitioner really invested in my progress. That, in and of itself, is worth it!

I agree with the others who have recommended sticking with it for a little longer. I think it's so easy (and normal) to jump around to different things when TTC without giving our bodies sufficient time to adjust. There are so many things out there to try and I see so many women just ping-ponging from one thing to the next - not giving anything much time to really make a difference. Sometimes sticking with something just puts you in a different place energetically (and yeah, I can totally relate - last week was ready to give up on it after this cycle).

The great thing about acupuncture is that there is someone working with you to adjust things according to your progress. I too had a very short period on my first month of acupuncture - from 5 days down to barely 3 - so we're adjusting my herbs. But it also helped increase my LP from 11-15 days and my O has moved up from day 19 to day 17.

If nothing else, I find acupuncture really calming and always leave my sessions feeling super positive. It's nice to have a practitioner really invested in my progress. That, in and of itself, is worth it!

i was told by my pracitioner that acupuncture cannot shorten/lenghten your LP? So do you think i have a duff one here?

i was told by my pracitioner that acupuncture cannot shorten/lenghten your LP? So do you think i have a duff one here?

That's strange. I wonder why that would be the case? Mine definitely did not say that.

I suppose it's near impossible to isolate the exact cause, but it would seem odd to me that a balancing of hormones would have no impact on LP length - especially if the LPD is due to hormonal imbalance/estrogen dominance.

I've had 4 cycles off BCP and all had a 11-12 day LP except the cycle I've been on increased supplements and acupuncture.

Thanks all, you've convinced me, I will definitely keep at it a bit longer!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

That's strange. I wonder why that would be the case? Mine definitely did not say that.

I suppose it's near impossible to isolate the exact cause, but it would seem odd to me that a balancing of hormones would have no impact on LP length - especially if the LPD is due to hormonal imbalance/estrogen dominance.

I've had 4 cycles off BCP and all had a 11-12 day LP except the cycle I've been on increased supplements and acupuncture.

Yes it does make sense what your saying and i totally agree with you and you've proved this to be the case.

googly, glad you've decided to stick with the acupuncture...keep us posted and good luck !

In my quest to find a good acupuncturist, yesterday I spoke to a number of Zita West trained practitioners. A lady in Surrey who has many years of experience with traditional therapies told me that the number of acupuncture sessions varies greatly from person to person, she said that the first sessions are really about getting the energy throughout the body balanced and flowing strongly (which is what Jodes2011 said above) and this depends on the general health of the person, some people take longer than others. She also mentioned that the herbs are important. However, not all the practitioners seem to use herbs.

Also the 3 month rule seems the apply to all supplements and therapies and it is mentioned in nearly every fertility book I've read. My Arvigo Mayan massage therapist also requested this commitment from me, and though I was initially impatient with the idea of giving my body this time, I now appreciate the wisdom behind this. For so many years our modern lifestyles and the stress that comes with it has taken its toll on our bodies, so we really can't expect things to straighten out rapidly....of course, this is so difficult since we all want those BFP's a.s.a.p!!

So lets 'hang in there' ladies !

I had my first acu appt last Tues. It was great. It didn't hurt as i had imagined and I walked out of there so relaxed. I also started the chinese herbal teas. I took it for 3 days then AF came right on time. I had NO pms symptoms at all :happydance:
AF feels different, I feel different....relaxed and worry free. I was a hot mess before it. Also, I can sleep thru the night now. I usually had about 4 hrs of sleep a night. yay, I feel it working:thumbup:!!

Acupuncture is the thing which increases your blood circulation...It gives you energy..There are many things available in market for acupuncture..It feels good while doing this..

well i had my 8th session in as many months yesderday and she pu tthe needles in each little toe, one on each side of my calf , in each ankle, two in my belly, on on each ear and one in my forhead all to raise my fsh (coz at 44 my levels were 11), and to encourage a healthy egg and to stimulate both ovaries. I had the session at 3.30pm and by 7.30pm both ovaries had a sharp popping sensation in them and they are still doing it now, so fingers crossed this works this month . Good luck ladies x

well i had my 8th session in as many months yesderday and she pu tthe needles in each little toe, one on each side of my calf , in each ankle, two in my belly, on on each ear and one in my forhead all to raise my fsh (coz at 44 my levels were 11), and to encourage a healthy egg and to stimulate both ovaries. I had the session at 3.30pm and by 7.30pm both ovaries had a sharp popping sensation in them and they are still doing it now, so fingers crossed this works this month . Good luck ladies x

wow, sounds fantastic! good luck inkdchick:thumbup:

thanks to all on this thread for convincing me to take this step, i'd been thinking about it for a while.my first acu appointment is scheduled for saturday. am bit nervous re: the needles but on the whole am really looking forward to it !

wow, sounds fantastic! good luck inkdchick:thumbup:

thanks to all on this thread for convincing me to take this step, i'd been thinking about it for a while.my first acu appointment is scheduled for saturday. am bit nervous re: the needles but on the whole am really looking forward to it !

don't be nervous about the needles they are very fine like hairs the only thing i would say hurts a little is when she hits your energy flow and then its just feels achey and it does go after a few minutes. I have mine tonight and i'll be having them all over this time :thumbup: with heat lamp :hugs:

She put one in my forehead last time and I did not know what for maybe the FSH. It made me fall asleep though :)

She put one in my forehead last time and I did not know what for maybe the FSH. It made me fall asleep though :)

The one on the forehead, I was told, is to relax you.

I have my appt today at noon....can't wait.:happydance: Last appt, I definitely felt something going on in the uterine area for days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->