Adoption journey

Loski: I don't know what kind of shape your I but I recommend you start lifting weights. Babies are heavy and it definitely takes some muscle to care for them. The only time I ever had arm muscles was when my son was young.

Lolly :hugs:I hate stories like that

Hi milty I'm a childminder and Im lifting little ones all day so should be ok lol
I know what you mean though they are a ton weight especially after a while xx

Well got the phone call we been waiting for today, child's sw wants to go ahead as soon as possible. We get the full report tomorrow night and speak with our sw about it. Me and oh going to meet doctor next week. Sw has had another 3 profiles for us to look at and told them we aren't interested at the minute as it looks like we have a definite match. So excited for tomorrow night xx

Oh WOW, that is truly amazing, so happy for you. Hope this turns out to be all you hope for and a million times more xxxxx :cloud9:

Got report all sounds great speaking to sw at half 5 so will update with more later xx

Well he's been we have spoken a lot about her and he has left with a load of questions and requests for more info. Feeling really positive and he thinks they will snatch his arm off for us. He says all going to plan she should be home sept or if they do more than one matching panel a month it could be a bit earlier. Hopefully we will get more info tomorrow, our sw is off next week so he is going to ask lo's sw to email info to us and to him so that we don't have to wait to him to come back. Feeling very positive and extremely happy. :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Some lovely news going on in here.....and we have some to join it!!

We ended up going to panel this morning (short notice - 2 weeks early) and we are officially approved, with no hesitation. They actually told us it was the easiest appliucation they've seen for a long time, and said they were incredibly lucky they had found us!!!!!! Which was amazing to hear!

We have been approved for a single child (we already have our birth daughter) aged 0-3 (and slightly up of that if we wish) and are going into matching immediately...apparently several child SW's have already expressed an interest in us!

I can't actually stop getting lump in my throat....and tears in my eyes. I am so happy....I am going to be a Mummy again!!!!

Lyns that is fantastic I feel so happy for you. Please keep us updated with what's happening. I think me and you must be at same stage now lol xx

Hi Loski :flower: I didn't realise you hd a journal on the go!

Well, what fantastic news about your possible match. How exciting for you!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Brilliant news about Lyns as well! I think I will burst into tears too! Its been such a long and emotional journey for us.

Our panel is a week today and I am soooo nervous! Our SW has already shown us some profiles of children in our age bracket and has spoken of another little baby boy that she also has in mind for us. I am hoping that its a positive thing that they are already showing us profiles and discussing possible matches???!!!!

Anyway, best of luck hon. Hope you dont have to wait too long. XXXXXX

Zero it started of as a journal now we all just put our news on here and share our experiences, I look forward to checking it to see how everyone is getting on. Your more than welcome to join us. How you feeling for panel?

Today I got all the medical reports for lo last updated 13 June so very upto date. We also got Fc thoughts about her and her routines. I can't wait for each day to pass so that we are getting closer to getting her hopefully xx

Loski hope you dont mind me asking and you dont have to answer unless you want to how did the medical reports look? Everything look ok?

Yes they look great, tell me everything she could be at risk from as it's in her maternal family health history. Everything that was there is in mine and hubby's anyway so not concerned. Said she is small for her age according to measurements but those measurements are silly expecting every child to be the same size lol. She seems to be skipping crawling and pulling herself up onto the furniture instead. Really happy just hope nothing goes wrong the only concern I'm having is it says as there's asthma and eczema in her family they will be cautious about placing with a family with animals. We have a dog but she's outside through the day and isn't allowed on the furniture or upstairs. Me and stepson also have asthma and we are ok with dog. That's my defence how's it sound lol.
Sorry if that just sounds like a load of warbling on xx

Well just been emailed the little girls sw,family finder and foster carers really like us and we are going to matching panel for her.dont know when yet, however our sw is going to meet them on the 17th July to start the preparations they wanted him to go next week but he's off. I have had a little cry this morning when I got this email feel so relieved. Anyway going to talk to our sw this afternoon to find out what's happening better. Bye for now xx

Fantastic news....thats wonderful!! I'm so happy that it seems to be working out for you with her! It all obviously feels so right for you!

I can't wait to start getting details of children....so excited :happydance: xx

Hi Ladies!

Wow i've just sat reading all 23 pages - some great news on here! SO good to read it first hand about personal experiances!

Made my day hearing about both matching processes going well!

I will definately be stalking if you dont mine - I've recently had a MMC so its too early to look into adoption but after a little break i'm going to arrange a meeting with a local agency in October time.

Can't wait to hear your updates!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back