Adoption journey

We haven't got a match yet just waiting for one now seeing 3 profiles that sw wants us to see once written confirmation of approval comes through. Patiently waiting. While I'm on here though we had a great night on Saturday received presents from family got a lovely photo frame that says baby girl on it. Sitting waiting to phone doctors at the moment as some MAN crashed into the back of me on Friday.

Oh no Loski, I hope you are ok :hugs: Hope it hasn't dampened your good news :hugs: It is so lovely that your family are all so excited :happydance:

It is lovely but we will be in bad books soon cause we not telling them anything else till we bring our daughter home, there will only be me, husband, kids and you lot that knows what happens from now on. It becomes annoying when they come asking and phoning about twenty times a day lol that's why we are making that choice not to say anything. So hope you's don't mind me venting on here or being very very happy. :flower:

I can understand that decision. you will be being asked every day and lose your sanity otherwise. Doe they know you are gonna stay schtum??!! Good luck telling them :haha:

Have been thinking a lot lately about telling people. All the girls at work keep asking me about a wedding date. Two are getting married next year so it is wedding central!! I managed to put them off saying I wanted to finish uni first before planning anything. But really given all that has happened with money and the timescales goping forward we have decided that we will probably save getting married unil (EVERYTHING crossed) we have our family. It would be silly to spend money now when 1) we are now paying my parents back and 2) we will want to save some for decorating, kiddie bits etc. I am now putting them off by saying that as we want to get married from where I am originally from we are waiting until our holiday to visit friends and family, to look around possible venues. I am fed up of lying!! Yet it is too early to say now. If I had said when we originally applied a few months ago I would be looking a right tool :dohh: and it would have been embarrassing.

So realistically after our holiday we should know more about prep and maybe I could tell a few to get them off my back??!!! But what if something went wrong :shrug: Also I am aware that I will be asked ALL THE TIME if I have 'any news'!! Although i work in the childcare sector so hopefully they may have a little more knowledge about the fact it isn't sign on the dotted line and here's your baby... :dohh:

Loski, what did the doc say? xxxx

I have got whiplash and a sprained arm, getting annoyed at people saying I am faking so don't think I'm going to put a claim in just so I can prove I am actually hurt and not faking to get compensation.

Something small but I was like a kid in a candy shop lol, I bought a little girls toothbrush aged 0-2 it's soooo cute. Also some butterfly hair clips. Crazy I know but it's starting to feel like its not long to wait might regret them words lol

Hi Loski (again, haha!!) We do get about huh?!! :haha:

I hope you are feeling a little better. It's such a blame culture that people now assume you are faking injury to cash in, not a thought that you may be genuinely hurt. Sorry that people are being morons, hugs! :hugs:

Yay for shopping!!! That is soooo exciting! Wait til you get going with little outfits :cloud9: Your house will be turned upside down with girly bits, hope the boys can cope with all the pink :haha:

Lolly xxxx

Oh this is exciting how fun to buy something for your little girl

It also makes me nervous because I have done nothing on that side of things. It almost doesn't seem real...like its a date far into the future

I think I'm going to need a new car or SUV but I don't know what to get...any ideas?

Also keep telling us all the little details...I love it

I can't wait to have girls things sick of xboxs, football, cars etc. think the boys will cope pretty well if not they will get used to it lol.
Lolly I know we on every site finding it a bit confusing whos who a bit lol.
Milty I have a Zaria but boots are tiny when all seats are up. Don't know what would be best in American cars but good luck car hunting x
Hope everyone is having a good week I'm looking forward to weekend and a lie in. :happydance:

Just called by to read up on your journey hun, after I saw the news in Zero7's journal, that you got your panel approval!

I'm so happy to hear such positive news for you....we are off to panel in 4 weeks, and I am so excited. Hope you don't mind if I hang around a little and follow your progress.....

Am off back to page 1, to find out about your journey so far.....xxx

Hi lyns yeah we seem to be moving really fast at the moment. Good luck for your panel date hope it goes well. Hope we don't bore you lol it's not really my story now just a catch up and general share of info from me and other hopeful adopters, we have a good chat with each other and share our progress and support each other. You should join us whenever you feel like a chat xx

Hi been thinking about getting family book ideas anyway I have bought the galt soft photo album and the tomy forget me not photo album going to show them to sw worker when they come and see what he thinks of them I think they should be ok for a child under two. They are on amazon if you's want to have a look and let me know what you's think/ if it would be ok for family book etc. thanks Loski xx

Oh I like them both....Maybe the Galt one better

We have to leave ours with the SW and she eventually gives them to our match.

I keep thinking I want to put more than just pics of us in it. I want something that shows feelings if you know what I mean. I'm just not creative enough to know what to do.

Hi all, waiting for 3 things to come hopefully all today but that's just wishful thinking. Galt and tomy photo album things are due to come today sometime then I want approval letter to come so that we can see some profiles I don't think it will come today though probably be next week hopefully you all know how quick these sw are lol. Xx

They look good lovely! You are giving me some fab tips for next year (hopefully!!) Any news??? I bet this new wait is a killer :hugs:

No haven't heard anything yet and none of my parcels have turned up :-(
However my parents in law have surprised us with a tatty teddy cot bed, bumper set and mattress it's all lovely and I have ordered the curtains and wall pictures to go with it. We going to take our second hand cot down at weekend and put the new one up :happydance:

So today has been interesting firstly our sw phoned at 12 to see how we are doing and could he come out at half one to show us some profiles even though ratification hasn't come through yet. Of course I said yes. Half 12 my parcels turned up yeah!
So at 1pm sw turns up early :haha: and shows me 5 profiles and one stuck out, well she has stolen our hearts, he phoned her sw for more info and no one else is showing interest yet so we meeting a medical advisor and sw on Friday to discuss it further so hopefully we can go forward and get a match :happydance::happydance:
She is 8 months today and beautiful but I may be biased. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->