Adoption journey

Didnt have much planned for the weekend just shopping, cleaning the usual. Had some family over and going out for Sunday lunch soon. Hope your dissertation isn't too bad, however it should take your mind off adoption stuff. We got sons crb back yesterday all clear of course. It only took a couple of weeks to get it once I got all the paperwork so it was really quick. Hope your having a good Sunday so far and I better get sorted now. Xxx

Well social worker didn't come yesterday as she was off sick and haven't been given a new date yet. Feeling rather impatient at the moment just need to wait for sw to get in contact with new date to bring stepsons report out then will feel one step closer. Always thought I was good at waiting not so sure now lol.

Hello :hugs:

Sorry that SW didn't come today, it must be frustrating. I think that the waiting gets worse and worse the closer you get. Not suprised you are impatient, I am for you!!

So we have had a call from SW from VA today (I have given up on LA, it is quite poor really, but that is another story...) Anyway we told her our plan to clear the debt before we progress and she was very pleased and said that once we have written confirmation it is gone she can see no reasons that things won't go smoothly throughout. She will then be welcoming us to make an application and go on to the next prep course. She was again, so positive, which is so refreshing. We think that this will be the best thing for us, the adoption journey and then our future family. We are excited and are happy for things to take slightly longer to ensure we are the very best we can be, ready for our future child/children. Yay!!

Lolly xxxxx

To be honest once you start prep group it goes so fast till you are so close to panel then it just seems to stop and dangle in front of you just out of reach lol. I really hope I am being called mammy by Christmas it doesn't seem to unrealistic but we'll see. Pleased to hear va is moving along for you took us six months from first call to prep group so your doing well on time. Xx

No that doesn't seem unrealistic, especially if they have a little girl in mind already. I think you are well on your way! Wow, such an amazing thought! :cloud9: Hope you have had a busy weekend to stop your mind ticking 24/7!

I have a feeling that we will be enjoying summer and then go on an October prep (hopefully have a home visit or two before as they said if we have to wait for prep then this is what they like to do to speed things along.)

I have been at uni this weekend, last taught lessons next week, so close to finishin g but still lots to do :dohh: Been lying low today as chest infection has kicked in big time. Trying not to talk as my voice is shot from coughing, easier said than done!! :haha:

Lolly :hugs:

First of all I have a chest infection as well lol must be the weather. Really hoping that sw phones up in the morning to arrange a new appointment. All our family are getting excited about the adoption now and mother in law has gone and bought a new cot bed she said to help us feel more positive. The one we have now was given to us so I am pleased.
Pleased to hear your uni's going well and you will have to keep yourself busy till prep, our prep group was October as well :happydance:

Oh no, feel better soon! Its horrible coughing all over people, really trying to hold it in with the kids, and then really bad in the evenings :dohh: Seems like I am following in your footsteps, all be it a year behind :haha:

Any phonecalls??? xxx

No nothing at all, thought they would phone today though even tried to stay in as much as possible even though they have my mobile number lol. I have asthma so the weather is setting it off but I have had worse so not complaining. How are you feeling now hope your feeling better :flower:
It doesn't matter what stage we all at as long as we get our children by the end of it x

Yep totally with you on that one! And we will, and it will be amazing :happydance::happydance::happydance::cloud9:

Glad you are not too too bad, but either way it's not nice. I am bad at the mo, the coughing is way worse in the evening. I will be cancelling my morning of visits tomorrow, was due to be working in a SEN nursery with children with CF and Downs, no way can be giving them my germs :nope:

Sorry they didn't ring, but tomorrow will be the day, everything crossed :hugs:

Feel better xxx

No best off staying at home for you and them x hope your feeling a bit better today. I know I should be more patient but I phoned agency up to see how sw was and if she's back at work. Anyway she is and will be phoning soon to rearrange appointment :happydance:

Well today has been an interesting day, boys social worker is out on the 10th of may and we are at panel 14th June :happydance::happydance: I feel so happy to know when things are happening and haven't stopped smiling since I found out.

Woooooooo!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: That is amazing news, massive congrats!!! :cloud9: So happy for you! :happydance:

Feeling a bit sad tonight some close friends and their children that I look after are moving to Germany in the morning they have just left ours and it hit me harder than I thought it would. We have promised to take our daughter to Germany though next year hopefully with the boys so that is something to look forward to. Need to get adoption order before we can take a little girl out of country so hope it doesn't take too long.

Sorry you are feeling so down :hugs: it must be horrible to lose people so close :hugs: what a lovely vision though, it is a plan to cling on to :hugs: Thinking of you, I think at times like these big tubs of ice cream are in oder :flower: xxxx

Big tub of ice cream would be lovely Ben and Kerry's mmmm, unfortunately I am determined to lose another stone before panel so no ice cream for me. I know my friends will be happier in Germany as that's where they are from so I am happy for them and it will be a cheap holiday so that's a bonus lol.
How's your weekend going so far?

Hi there,

I came across a really useful training course that gives all the information you need. The social worker even offered to come to our home for the day to train us as a family. There was a lot of info about the assessment and matching process which we just weren't aware of, and now we are using it to help us find the right kid for us. The company's called Beacon hill training if you want to look at their website.

Hope you find it as useful as I did :)

Thanks I will have a look but to be honest our sw is fantastic and he has lots of children in mind for us already and answers any questions we have so we don't really have many concerns at the moment.

Good for you Loski :thumbup: that's will power for you. I on the other hand have been eating toffee jammy dodgers, yes, they are as good as they sound (and also as unhealth as they sound :blush:)

Having a lazy day today, my reward for getting my dissertation finished once and for all yesterday :happydance: Lie in, bath, tv and pjs!! Still getting over my chest infection, was :sick: earlier from coughing but all in all think it is improving. DF has been working, overtime will help pay my parents back asap so even though we haven't seen much of each other it'll be worth it.

How about you? Has weather been as awful there as it is here? Cat has sulked all day!!

Hi Rebecca, thank you for the information :hugs: I am a little confused though as isn't this aspects they will cover in more detail at prep and throughout HS? Please correct me though, I am new to all this so the more info the better.

Love to you both, Lolly xxxx

I have had a lazy day as well still coughing think its just the weather messing with my asthma. It's been raining here all day. Those biscuits do sound lovely all I have is rich tea :growlmad:
Well done for getting dissertation finished and we are in same boat working all hours to be as comfortable as possible for when adoption hopefully happens. Love loski

I came across your thread and was so excited to see it

When I first started my adoption journey I posted some but there didn't seem to be anyone else going through the process ...on a whim I checked back

Like I said so glad to see you guys be so open with everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->