Adoption journey

Hi pleased you got your work done bet that's a relief :happydance:
Our sw is meeting with boys sw in the morning to swap notes etc. references have all received their statements they are signed and sent back had a read of a couple of them he makes us sound like saints they are lovely. Boys sw out Wednesday hopefully that will go better than last week felt a bit uneasy when she left don't know why. Boys report should be done though on Wednesday then she doesn't get involved again till child is placed. Only 31 sleeps till panel though :happydance::happydance:

Lolly it won't be long till your a mammy :flower:

Hi all, just an update. Our sw phoned today to arrange a visit to speak to my husband to fill in a few things from his childhood for report. Husband was off work today so he came out today :thumbup:
So all report is done now and we hopefully get to see it next week I can't wait to see it :happydance:
Sw said again how pleased he is with us and I feel reassured after seeing him today.

:happydance::happydance: Fab news :thumbup: Really glad you are reassured, you have no reason to worry as your SW is obviously great and loves you all :happydance: How long is the report when its finished? Will it be like an 'all about me' book? xxx

I don't know how long it is but I have been told its like a this is your life book lol. Will let you know when we get it. How are you lolly?

Wow, be some good reading, but pretty strange at the same time!! But good news by the sounds of things and progressing well. Wow, not long til panel now :happydance:

Yeah I'm good thanks. On holiday countdown now, 1 week and 5 days to go :happydance: Only thing is I will miss my little furbaby (who is now stretched down the length of my legs!) so much! He really is my baby!! DF worries about me instilling boundaries for our future LO as this cat is spoilt rotten!! :dohh:

Hi Ladies!

So we finally got a letter from LA. 'SW been on long term sick... blah blah... very sorry for the delay... blah blah... SW back but has moved to a new team... blah blah... will look into your report as a matter of urgency blah blah...! So least we know why we had heard nothing, but we are none the wiser of what they thouight of us. I don't suppose it matters much as we are pretty set on VA, but now has me second questioning that if we has a SW assigned who was as lovely as VA one would I change my mind... Don't think so though as the fact its taken 2 and half months to inform us of this is a bad start. And also the long term sick and change of team smacks 'stress' to me... :shrug:

Either way we need to sort money, which we are getting there with fingers crossed, so have time to see what they come back with.

Hope you have all had a good day xxxxx

Hi lolly pleased you have heard back at least you know what's been going on now :flower:
Boys sw has cancelled tonight as she has a puncture :cry:, she's off the rest of the week and will phone next week to reschedule You always get these little hold ups :growlmad:

Oh no :nope: really sorry, at this stage a week must feel an age away. especially when you are all geared up for it. And a puncture is just sooo typically one of those annoying things. I guess we always have to expect hold ups, but still upsetting. Treat yourself to a nice glass of wine or a bubble bath instead :hugs:

Took me awhile to notice what you meant there, actually it was a new one with a caramel core lovely. Still called Ben and jerrys though lol.
Feeling a bit fed up think its just that we have no appointments booked in at all now waiting to see reports off both sw now had a dream that they break down all the time and we had to go to panel without seeing them cantbedoing with sw taking overly dreams lol

Lolly I just noticed I cannot see your ticker anymore :nope:

Sounds yum, DF has just suggested a takeaway, very tempted...!

Sorry you are feeling bit down. Its horrible just waiting around wondering. The good news is though that you sound like you have a lovely team around you and i'm sure there is a lot happening behind the scenes. Fingers crossed for news asap!

As for ticker that's really strange, it's gone :shrug: I haven't changed anything, or even been on my siggy for ages. Will look into it...! xxxx

:hi: Hi Lolly, Loski and Milty, do you mind if I stalk? :flower: Am just thinking about kicking off the adoption process so have read through to see what you have been going through. Wow, all those references and checks! :hugs:

Waiting is def the hardest part hun. So many lovely children needing loving homes and not enough SW to make things happen faster. It does sound as though your team is amazing so FX things pick up the pace soon.

Hi butterfly and welcome to the adoption boards :flower:
Lolly it's back :happydance: like to keep an eye on the tickers mines about to hit the year mark. Go for the takeaway lolly you deserve it with all your uni work.
Puppymom all this waiting is doing my head in a bit but will be worth it in the end when we bring our little girl home.

Well the chinese was :thumbup: Ooopsies!

Hi Butterfly :hi: Happy to see a new face (if you can apply that phrase to an internet forum :haha:), looking forward to getting to know you and hearing about your experiences of the adoption process if it is a route you decide to take :hugs:

Hope everyone is having a nice evening :hugs: xxx

Thanks Lolly :hi:

I have probably one more month left of ttc assuming AF show up tomorrow. There is a roadshow event near me on 30th May so I am hoping to go to that to find out more :thumbup:

Oh BF I'm surprised but sooo excited to see you here!:happydance:

and yes be prepared for the heart break when you hear about so many LO's who just want someone to love them...

Loski: I suggest getting a new book to take your mind off things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->