Adoption journey

Thank you I'm always reading slightly obsessed with it lol and I just started a new book yesterday it does help just I tend to think about it when it's time to go to sleep so end up lying awake half the night think the solution is to just get used to over thinking till we are complete lol

Hi girls, happy friday :flower:

Loski, hope you are feeling a bit better today, anmd have slept without your mind doing overtime :hugs:

Butterfly, how come one more month? (if you don't mind me asking :blush:) are you having a last treatment? 30th of may is not long, always worth showing your face and getting some info on adoption with different agencies.

Milty, how are things progressing with you?

Hi Puppymom, hope you are well, hi to anyone else reading :hugs:

Had a horrible day, doing my final exam (its a week long so technically like a really long essay in a qucik space of time :dohh:) and after 8 hours I've hit a block. Its about international childcare. Have just researched and written all about the fertility rates, teenage pregnancy rates, abortion and why 'older women who have the career first are then struggling to get pregnant as they are too old' That is so narrow minded :growlmad: it makes me so mad. But i know this is the type of answers they are looking for. What was my excuse, I strated trying at 21 :nope: It just all hit home a bit and made me feel a bit sad. I guess that's the problem working in childcare, studying childcare and being frickin' infertile!!!!! Suck it up and carry on...

Lolly that must be tough to work in childcare :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Well my ex agreed to try for 6 months last May and then on the 'let's just do one last month :haha:' in Jan I got pg. So really there was no agreement to keep trying and every month I get is a bonus. But he will be away in June so that is likely a no go and I feel that then I am creeping towards 45 and have probably missed the boat :shrug:

I should have read your siggy a bit better :dohh:

So sorry for your loss, that must have been the most awful thing :hugs: Life can be cruel, but i'm glad you sound positive moving forward. I never ever thought we would be here, but we are and I am starting to feel excited. I know any child we are blessed with may not have grown in my tummy but will have grown in my heart (I heard that today and just welled up :cry:)

Thanks Lolly :hugs::hugs:

I guess I kind of know I left it a bit late and tbh having a biological child is not the be all and end all for me so I just hope that I can get through the adoption process OK (and have enough courage to do it!) :thumbup: :hugs:

You will, course you will. I think in so many ways we have all been through so much before reaching this stage, it outlines our strength, so I know we will all be just fine :hugs:

you are absolutely right Lolly

My redo on and sign off on my fingerprint is Monday!!

Hi to everyone getting a few on here now it's nice to hear everyone's different story and events. Lolly I know it's hard just try to remember you will be a mam and the work your doing is experience and every bit of experience you get will make getting your child that bit easier. I understand it's depressing at days and some of the stuff your saying you have to write about will make you a stronger and more understanding person :hugs:
Milty good luck with your fingerprint hope it goes well and it will be another step closer to your child :flower:
Hi butterfly your not too old and I'm sure there's a child waiting out thee for you to be mammy too.
Today I am going to see if I can get my hair cut, then off to the tip to get rid of a load of rubbish, clean house up thn boys are going to their nanas till tomorrow night. So me and hubby are going out for a meal and maybe cinemas or something. Have a good weekend everyone :thumbup:

Thanks for your encouragement everyone :hugs:

Loski, you are a star! Thank you :hugs: I think that coupled with the total stress of getting it done I was feeling a tad sorry for myself :blush: Anyway, day 3 and I have done 5000 words with one question left. And that is in ladies, 3 years done and dusted :happydance::happydance::happydance:

date night sounds fab, did you have fun? Me and DF keep saying we will have tea out and see american pie but have been too busy. i think next weekend will be a fab time, but then we are off on holiday on the monday so is that just greedy :haha:

Yay Milty :happydance: fab news! Keep us posted won't you!

Butterfly, hope you have had a nice weekend :hugs:

Hi lolly pleased your almost finished what's your plans after year 3?
We had a good night we went to an all you can eat buffet then to see American pie it's quite funny. Dinner at dads today as well so had a nice weekend.
Hopefully sw will contact this week with new appointments the boys are asking as well so think its starting to affect them. Hope everyone has had a good weekend off to sleep now ready for a busy week off work.

Aww, bless the boys, I hope you hear soon for all of your sakes. It must feel like forever for you, but especially them :hugs:

Plans for after year 3 are NOTHING :haha: Well, other than (hopefully) continue with adoption!!! Still on track for October prep so everything crossed! But no more studying please!! have done another 1500 words today, reckon another 700 or so and I will be done. the problem is the more I research the more I find points that would back up what I have written about in previous questions so I feel I'm not making any progress :dohh:

The sun is shining so I got out earlier for a nice walk. Bumped into our cat in the woods next door :haha: He looked pretty confused but happy to see me, was rolling around purring so I would tickle his tummy :cloud9: Love my fur baby!

Hope everyone has had a good monday (if you can get a good monday!) Not long til jubilee and loooong weekend :happydance:

Hi all boys sw phoned last night and she is coming on Wednesday fingers crossed lol.
Lolly your cat sounds pretty cool he will be expecting that everyday now a good tummy tickling x you will have to find something to take your mind off adoption or it will drive you crazy!

Our sw worker phoned today and ended up coming out to get a photo of me and my husband together to go with our report. We are getting our report in the next few days to read and to check if everything's right. He talked a bit about what will be happening next and what should happen after panel getting so excited now :happydance:

GREAT NEWS :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Really pleased that things are progressing quickly now, you must be so excited, have the butterflies in the tummy kicken it yet?!! Bet the boys are happy too :cloud9:

As for me, I have FINISHED my exam! over 8000 words in 5 days, not too shabby :haha::haha: My mum is proof reading it for me (she is a saint!) and then submitting tomorrow after some final tweaking! Then that's it! On to 1. adoption and 2. decorating the house (so I don't go mad with all the waiting - thanks for the tip Loski :hugs:)

Good day all round :thumbup:

Well done you pleased you managed to get it all done you must be a strong person to do that while doing the adoption as well. What you going to do to celebrate?
That's what we did decorating added 4th bedroom etc we may be ready too early lol.
Not feeling nervous yet will probably hit me when we get report. I have took the full day off work for panel cause I think I will be a nervous wreck by then lol

Yeah I think a full day is very wise, you will be running on adrenalin, you know how emotionally draining it is. But you will be fab :thumbup:

Very happy i've finished :happydance: I am meeting some friends (who I met on here) for a day out on Saturday, Sunday me and DF are doing some shopping and eating out, then Monday we fly off on our holiday :plane: So lots of celebrating, yay!!

Wow your going to be busy all sounds like fun stuff though especially holiday.
Boys sw been tonight their report is signed of and will be put with our report tomorrow. She spoke to us for a while and I feel on a high tonight can't wait to get report asked if she knew what was happening with it she just sort of smiled so guessing it must be really soon. 3 weeks tomorrow for panel.
How long you going on holiday for?

Ooooh so exciting, naughty SW for not telling you :haha: Wow, so soon, start a new ticker!!!

We are only off for a week, going to Bulgaria, we had friends go last year and they said it is not the typical place people think to go, like spain etc, but is just as lovely and as they are not in the euro prices are fab, and good quality too :thumbup: We are going all inclusive, but mainly for the :drunk: by the pool in the day, haha! Hoping if food is good and well priced we will eat out quite a bit. We are back 5th June, so only thing is we miss the jubilee which I am a bit gutted about as our street are having a party. Oh well, can't complain :haha:

Think you will be quite happy celebrating jubilee at side of pool with drinks lol, it will probably rain here.
Will try and do a new ticker but it took me long enough to do the one that I have.

Love the new ticker!!! Yay on getting the report back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->