Advice needed for taking newborn away

wilbrabeany

Mum to two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
My DH and i usually go away for new year, not far from home just couple of hours drive selfcatering for 1 week/5days and a chill and walking break. Now this year. all being well, the LO who is due 27th Nov will be a month old and we have found a place to go which we are familiar with and are trying to decide if its sensible to go away with a newborn. What do you think? How did you feel a month later after having the baby, would you have been up for a break. DH is having all dec off too so i'll have hopefully had enough support to get into a routine?

I'm not sure and would really appreciate your thoughts.

Go for it :) It is probably the most ideal time to go away as baby will be pretty much feeding/sleeping.

You should be well on your feet by 1 month even if you needed a c-section :) Be warned though, you will need to take alot of stuff :dohh:

Yeah Mamafy's right, the stuff you'll need to take is mad. But there is no harm taking baby away. Just make sure if you're taking it out, she/he is well wrapped up. But they do pretty much just feed and sleep!!!

i think if thats what you want to do then go for it allthough i had a c section and was still a bit sore after 4 weeks and dont think i would of been up to going away, charlies never been a good sleeper either so ive allways been so tired and didnt get much rest , can you not wait till after youv had the baby and see how you feel then ? xxx:baby:

i think if thats what you want to do then go for it allthough i had a c section and was still a bit sore after 4 weeks and dont think i would of been up to going away, charlies never been a good sleeper either so ive allways been so tired and didnt get much rest , can you not wait till after youv had the baby and see how you feel then ? xxx:baby:

I think i'm gonna take out insurance incase we have to cancel but coz we've got 2 dogs we need to book anywhere decent early as places are usually booked up

Best time to take them away is when they are tiny! Although it will play havoc with any routine you are trying to put in place but as far as the journey goes baby will probably sleep in the car most of the way.

Just be prepared to stop more if you need to for feeds/changing.

We drove to Newcastle from Exeter when baby was 3 months old (thats about 6 hours driving without stops). It was bliss she slept most of the time. Did it again when she was 6 months and she was awake a fair amount more but quite happy looking out the window.

Now that she's older we have to stop a lot more so she can stretch her legs. She doesn't sleep well in her car seat now either. It's a nightmare!

Definitely go for it! We took Marlowe to France at just over a month old and it was pure bliss. She slept on the plane and it was a breeze having her out and about. At that age, the only routine is what your baby has planned, so don't worry about that! It helped though that we knew that Marlowe loved her bouncy chair and being held and bounced on an exercise ball, so we brought both of those with us. You do end up taking LOADS of stuff! Have fun though, and if you have insurance, then if you need to cancel, you won't be out of pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->