advice?

O

oOskittlesOo

Hey my names skye. I'm 17 and i just found out that I'm expecting. I was living with my mom until about 3 weeks ago because it was constant arguments. Now I'm staying with my dad and have no idea how to tell him or my mom. I've decided I'm young to keep the baby, so since I'm young im going to need support. My boyfriend and i have been together for a year and a half now, and my parent have both known thioverut I'm scared since he's over 18 they'll try to press charges when i tell them about baby. Any words of advice? Encouragment? Just so there's no questions i was on BC, the pill, and this was not planned. The big problem is my brother recenty told my mom he thought i was prego. This was before i knew i was so i denied it. Now its biting me in the ass. Help?? :)

Before I get too into my answer, where do you live if you don't mind me asking? If you live in the states, each state is different for the age of consent.

In california. You aren't sapposd to be sexually active with somone over 18 /: we where together before he was 18, but they still say its illegal.

You're actually fine, hon. This is the age of consent for California;
"Any person who engages in an act of sexual
intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years
older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is
guilty of a misdemeanor."

Meaning if he was 18 and you were 14, that would be illegal. But you guys are only 1 year apart, so you're fine!

Well, I'm Shannon, 19 and have a 2 month old named Victoria (Tori). Anyways, congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to BnB!
Just tell your mom straight forward, be honest. You'd be surprised how well parents can take it. Also, she has to be at all of your appointments because you're still a minor so she has to know. PM me anytime if you have any questions or just want to talk! I hope you have the healthiest and happiest 9 months and congrats again!

That is such a weight off my shoulders. Thank you:) I'm glad i found this website. Now i have somewhere that someone will understand. In your opinion do you think i should have my boyfried with me so they know I'm not alone or would it be better to be by myself?

You are very welcome! Do you mean having your boyfriend there when you tell your mom? Oh definitely. My fiancé was there for me when I told my parents and I was there for him when we told his parents, it's always best to have both there for moral support (and your mom probably won't freak out if he's there, haha)! Don't be scared, it's your mom and she's always going to love you no matter what!
:hugs:

:) very true!! So how is life with baby?? That's one thing that i think will be so different!!

It is different, your freedom goes down a lot but it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. It brought me closer to my OH, my family, his family and has made me stronger. I love my daughter to death and I'm so happy she's in my life now. So are you hoping team pink or team blue?

Aw that makes me so excited to hear:) i hope stuff work out for me like it has for you! My OH says he doesnt care either way for the first, but i think he wants a boy. As long as i have a healthy baby i don't care either way. But... i think a girl would be fun so i with relate with her more. Which did you hope for?

Awww hello!
My name is Amy, I'm 20 years old and I have a 7 month old named Kenny!

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Shannon is very correct, she gave you a lot of information!! I can't really add much to it, but the best advice I can give you is to tell your parents ASAP. It's up to you if you want your boyfriend there, I probably would want him there because I would think my parents wouldn't flip out as much if he was there!! But you shouldn't have to be panicking about this, you should tell them very soon, you'll feel so much better. Be sure to keep posting here, bnb has been such a great part of my pregnancy and having a baby, it's so nice to be so close to the girls on here! :hugs:

I hoped for a girl and I was lucky enough to have one! :D

I told my parents and my boyfriend told his, we did it separately. I thought it was better for us since I know my parents and he knows his, we talked on the phone before we did it, then got off, told them, and called each other back. But I can understand why people would want their boyfriend there with them too :)

It's scary as hell to tell them but it really is such a huge weight lifted off your shoulders once you do it. Good luck & congrats!

I hoped for a girl for the same reasons as you, and I got my girly, but I'm sure if I had a boy.. it would have been a bit more to learn at first, lol.. but I'd love him just the same and things would be fine :)

Thank you both for making me feel welcome. Well I'm planning on telling my Dad on sunday. I think he's going to take it pretty well :) last night he told me if i was prego hed be happy to be getting hi his first grandbaby.

Tasha; thats true... i think i shouldve told my dad last night when he was talking to me and my bf about getting pregnant. Im almost 100% sure my parents are thinking i might be pregnant, s that might make it easer since they are thinking about it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->