AF late but still getting BFN's? Come and join me

Kiwiberry, you are so nice! Thanks for taking the time to leave us such thoughtful replies, even though you're not in this situation youself.

Youngmommy: I'm so sorry and I really feel for you. Not knowing what's going on when you're body decides to act erratically has been the hardest thing and is enough to drive a person insane. Especially at a time when it matters most that our bodies work predictably.

I think the amount of testing you are finally having can only be a good thing though, as maybe you will finally get some answers and can set about fixing any little problems that may be preventing pregnancy.

I am very grateful to be having my ultrasound tomorrow, even if it means I get bad news such as a PCOS diagnosis for example. It's nervewracking stuff!

I was hoping they might tell me I'm actually pregnant, but alas, my stupid period has finally arrived in the last couple of hours! Today is CD50 and I am two days shy of being three weeks late. I have never ever experienced being this late in my whole life.

I'm guessing I must have ovulated around CD35ish, maybe a little bit later. The only thing I did differently this cycle was to start taking Evening Primrose Oil on the first day of my last period on March 21st (that seems SUCH a long time ago!) for 14 days. I took it to try to improve my CM.

Of course I can't guarantee it was that but I can't think why else it would happen.

Please keep us updated! I'll be checking back hoping you get some good news, even if it's not this month or next month.

Hey Spring, I once had a period that did not start until CD45. It was last year around August. I got nothing but BFN's on all my HPT's. Even went to the ER to have them check me out since I was scared something was wrong. To this day, I still have not figured out why my cycle was the way it was. It had never happened that way before at least not that I can remember.

I am going to do some research on that Evening Primrose Oil, I want to see if it at all effected your cycles.

Hey Spring, I once had a period that did not start until CD45. It was last year around August. I got nothing but BFN's on all my HPT's. Even went to the ER to have them check me out since I was scared something was wrong. To this day, I still have not figured out why my cycle was the way it was. It had never happened that way before at least not that I can remember.

I am going to do some research on that Evening Primrose Oil, I want to see if it at all effected your cycles.

Well it's nice to know it was just a one-off for you and not an indication of a more serious problem. Obviously I don't want it to happen again.

Sorry AF got you spring but at least you can start over a new cycle. I really hope you get your bfp next cycle. They still haven't called me back with my blood test results. I have my testing next week. Me and dh are also getting ready to move into another place. Our lease is up and we wanted to move. But this new place needs the carpets cleaned and painted. Landlord is going to knock $ off of the security deposit for doing it. So this will keep my mind occupied for a bit. Still no AF for me coming up on 3 weeks late. No cramping either. So we shall see what happens. But the good news is this new place has a third bedroom dh says I can have to keep and do my acrylic nails in. Yay I get to decorate a room for myself! LOL

Sounds like a great distraction! And I love the idea of having a whole room just for yourself, what a luxury.

We need to move too but house prices in the UK are ridiculously high. I spent all of last summer painting, cleaning and decorating our one bedroom flat ready to sell but we still haven't managed to save enough. We have been together nearly 12 years and realised that if we continued to wait until we could afford to buy a house before we started to try for a baby, we might miss the boat completely!

I had my ultrasound today and I'm pretty happy with the results. She said my ovaries looked good and I have no cysts which is a huge relief!
I do have what she thinks is a fibroid on my uterus but she said it shouldn't cause me any problems conceiving. It doesn't explain my 50 day cycle though - she said if anything it should be making my periods heavier.

I was expecting this one to be heavier than usual but so far it's quite light! So weird. I spoke to my mum and she said she also had fibroids and yet she had 3 kids. She was one of those annoying people who practically had to think herself pregnant and she was :)

Fingers crossed you'll get completely absorbed in your new project and get your well deserved BFP before you know it!

Yay! So glad you are healthy! Just keep positive and it will happen for you too. I just have a good feeling about it :) but I know what you mean house prices are expensive where we live so we have to rent. Hopefully one day we will own our own home. The economy here in the US is just horrid. No jobs anywhere. Sometimes I just want to leave the country and never come back....lol but I will keep you ladies posted on test results and such. I'm just really glad you are OK. Makes me so sad when someone has trouble conceiving and wants a baby really bad, but then these horrible abusive women get pregnant all the time..its just not fair. Seems like karma should work the other way around :(

Yay! So glad you are healthy! Just keep positive and it will happen for you too. I just have a good feeling about it :) but I know what you mean house prices are expensive where we live so we have to rent. Hopefully one day we will own our own home. The economy here in the US is just horrid. No jobs anywhere. Sometimes I just want to leave the country and never come back....lol but I will keep you ladies posted on test results and such. I'm just really glad you are OK. Makes me so sad when someone has trouble conceiving and wants a baby really bad, but then these horrible abusive women get pregnant all the time..its just not fair. Seems like karma should work the other way around :(

Don't do that lol!! I know we have problems here in the US but its a lot worse in other countries. I could tell you some creepy stuff that would make you never want to leave America.

Hey ladies,

Hoping to hang out here for a while while I sit in limbo. I am now 7 days late for AF and have been cramping all day today. All HPT have come back negative and even took a blood test that came back the same. So now all that's left to do is wait:coffee:

Hey ladies,

Hoping to hang out here for a while while I sit in limbo. I am now 7 days late for AF and have been cramping all day today. All HPT have come back negative and even took a blood test that came back the same. So now all that's left to do is wait:coffee:

Good luck hun! :hugs:
Keep us updated on how everything is going. What CD are you on?

Hi ladies. I'm officially 6 days late. I've never in my life been this late. I tested 10dpo and thought I saw a very verrrrrry faint second line with a frer but every test after that has been negative with dollar store ones. I haven't tested since Wednesday and it's not Sunday. Been having AF cramps and still nothing. So confusing :(

Hi ladies. I'm officially 6 days late. I've never in my life been this late. I tested 10dpo and thought I saw a very verrrrrry faint second line with a frer but every test after that has been negative with dollar store ones. I haven't tested since Wednesday and it's not Sunday. Been having AF cramps and still nothing. So confusing :(

If the FRER showed up faint then chances are the ones you got at the dollar store are not strong enough to pick it up. Early pregnancy cramps feel almost exactly like AF cramps. I know for me, I felt like I was going to get AF any second but obviously never did hehe. I would try taking another FRER if you can.

Thanks fo your optimism about me getting a future BFP Youngmommy! I am feeling positive too for once :)

Everyone else stuck in limbo - I'm crossing my fingers for you all and hope you're not left hanging like I was for too long! It is SO hard when you're left wondering for so long.

Hi ladies I am currently 2 days late for AF with odd symptoms this month.
Cramping off/on since ovulation
extreme thirst since 5DPO
tiredness/fatigue (but I am always a sleepy person lol)
stretchy brown CM at 11DPO, and since then just this yellow/tan creamy CM only when wiping/checking.
Cervix is high, CLOSED, semi-firm and feels like the shape changed?
Dizzy spell at 14DPO - I really think this was implantation
Tested at 13DPO and 15DPO and only BFN
Today I think is 17DPO (I'll have to double check my notes)
Haven't had ANY pink/red or any actual spotting (it doesn't reach pantyliner) which I normally get a few days before AF and I also actually haven't had any headache/migraine that I seem to get for 3 days straight before AF.
:coffee: will likely test again on Wednesday or so with OH.

Hi ladies I am currently 2 days late for AF with odd symptoms this month.
Cramping off/on since ovulation
extreme thirst since 5DPO
tiredness/fatigue (but I am always a sleepy person lol)
stretchy brown CM at 11DPO, and since then just this yellow/tan creamy CM only when wiping/checking.
Cervix is high, CLOSED, semi-firm and feels like the shape changed?
Dizzy spell at 14DPO - I really think this was implantation
Tested at 13DPO and 15DPO and only BFN
Today I think is 17DPO (I'll have to double check my notes)
Haven't had ANY pink/red or any actual spotting (it doesn't reach pantyliner) which I normally get a few days before AF and I also actually haven't had any headache/migraine that I seem to get for 3 days straight before AF.
:coffee: will likely test again on Wednesday or so with OH.

It sounds to me like you might have a good chance. Some women take longer to get :bfp: on HPT than others do. I got mine which was only 50% as dark as the control line at 18DPO. Good luck sweetie!! Keep us all updated.

Hi Ladies,

Here I am again after 12 days. I was busy getting my blood work done and then follow up visits etc, work was keeping me too too busy to come on here. I wanted to wait until I heard back from my dr on the results before I came back.

Well I am on CD 48 today, all my blood work came back negative, it so happens that I did not ovulate at all in the first place (the stupid pcos again :growlmad:), so the solid smiley on the CB digital was false :cry:.

It wasn't a surprise though since I was already diagnosed with PCOS & hypothyroid too, but just that my gyno suggested I might ovulate in the 1st cycle off of bpc (which raised my hopes) but I didn't.

She has prescribed me Provera to help start my period and then have to start with Clomid for the next 6 cycles.

She has asked me to take a lot of protien & lot of excercise, she wants me to do weights in addition to carido. Hoping this info helps someone.

Hey ladies

Hope you're all well and had a lovely weekend...

Im now 12 days late for me period... still had a negative today.. ive thrown up, back ache, cramps, tired and massive boobs (still no pain) ... i have no idea what to do ha xxx

It's so crazy and so frustrating the way the body plays tricks. You think that it would be so easy the way some people seem to get pregnant by breathing air.

My co-worker jokes that DH & I should BD in the back seat of his car in a high school parking lot on prom night...guaranteed BFP!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

cd43 22dpo 8days late...and :bfn: after :bfn: The worst part of trying to get pregnant is the tww and it seems like I can't get out it! No excitement of being pregnant and no sense of moving on to try again the next cycle...just waiting:coffee: ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!:wacko:

Hi Ladies,

Here I am again after 12 days. I was busy getting my blood work done and then follow up visits etc, work was keeping me too too busy to come on here. I wanted to wait until I heard back from my dr on the results before I came back.

Well I am on CD 48 today, all my blood work came back negative, it so happens that I did not ovulate at all in the first place (the stupid pcos again :growlmad:), so the solid smiley on the CB digital was false :cry:.

It wasn't a surprise though since I was already diagnosed with PCOS & hypothyroid too, but just that my gyno suggested I might ovulate in the 1st cycle off of bpc (which raised my hopes) but I didn't.

She has prescribed me Provera to help start my period and then have to start with Clomid for the next 6 cycles.

She has asked me to take a lot of protien & lot of excercise, she wants me to do weights in addition to carido. Hoping this info helps someone.

So sorry to hear, bblues. I know the baby game is already frustrating without your body through you road blocks. This site has been very helpful and has really worked to pass the time and lessen the feeling of being in this alone (since my dh is a non-worrier and says it will happen when it happens). I read a lot of posts from women with PCOS who have their bundles of joy now. So tons of baby dust to you. It will happen you just have to keep you hopes up and know that you're not alone :hugs:

Hey ladies

Hope you're all well and had a lovely weekend...

Im now 12 days late for me period... still had a negative today.. ive thrown up, back ache, cramps, tired and massive boobs (still no pain) ... i have no idea what to do ha xxx

Fingers crossed for you, Chembolina!! the fact that you feel so miserable is a great sign:winkwink: :thumbup:

Here's hoping you get you BFP any day now so you can be free from this limbo nightmare we are in!

From what I have read Clomid is a really good start when TTC. I was actually going to start on Clomid next month but obviously got my :bfp: before then. Either way, when i did some research it seemed to have a very high chance of forcing you to not only ovulate but have a "normal" cycle making it a lot easier to conceive. I also read that you have a much higher chance of having Twins much like what I heard about IVF. I mean I am no doctor by a long shot but this is what I have read. Hope it helps to ease some of you ladies stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->