After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

It'll come together quicker than you think, savvy. Do you have cribs and whatnot yet? They told me it would take like 14 weeks for the crib to come in so I went to order it super early and it turns out in was in stock. I felt silly buying it so early, but whatever, at least I was prepared. Lol.

That sounds fun, Amy! I'm assuming you live in California? Have you been feeling any better? Hopefully the excitement of your upcoming appt with make you forget about feeling crappy! Lol

Oh, and I was going to say too... I thought they've said it's ok to get your hair colored while pregnant? I thought I had heard that...

Sounds like a great weekend Amy!

Allison, yikes...no cribs or furniture yet! I guess I didn't realize that you might have to order it. I have only looked at babies r us, but now that I have made my official announcement I won't feel so weird looking around the baby stores!

Do you have a Burlington coat factory where you are, savvy? That's where I got our baby furniture from. I found almost the exact same crib and dresser there as at babies r us for almost $200 cheaper. And it was in stock so I didn't have to order it. Babies r us will most likely have to order everything, they barely keep anything in stock.

Allison, thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely have to check them out. Luckily my parents are buying all of the nursery furniture for us but since they need to buy double I would rather help them save a few bucks! After seeing all the prices at babies r us I was sick thinking that each set of furniture would be like $2,000!

Good luck to the ladies with your scans tomorrow! :flower:

Oh yeah, babies r us is really expensive! I was going to order my glider from there bc I just really liked one they had. They weren't going to be able to order the matching ottoman so I told them to hold off and I would think about it... I went home and googled that chair... Freaking Walmart had it for $150 less with free shipping to store! So definitely shop around and do some research before you spend an arm and a leg at babies r us! Burlington has really good prices on strollers and car seats too, and will apparently let you exchange with no box or receipt! : P

And I'll be stalking this thread tmrw waiting to hear about those scans!!! : )

I am stalking too!

Allison, good luck at your appointment today!
Thanks again for the tips, I will definitely do some looking around. I would really like to have the nursery done by sometime in October. With the holidays, weather and weight gain I probably won't feel like doing much shopping/decorating in the 3rd tri.

Savvy that is so exciting that you are feeling definite movement now!! You must be thrilled!! :D I can’t believe you’ve only gained 1-2 lbs with twins so far! Was your MS really bad to the point you couldn’t eat much in the 1st tri?

Amy, what time is your scan? Mine is at 3:30 (I’m in central time zone). That is funny that your hubby was trying to make something after. The other evening Mike mentioned that he had to go to an event tonight. I said, “What?!!” Turns out there is a dinner put on by the Effient rep, who loves him because he is the second biggest prescriber of Effient in the state. I just said, “Are you kidding me? You have to go to a drug rep dinner?” He looked baffled that I would care, and said he thought we would just go to the appointment and that would be that. I explained to him that I had hoped to spend the evening together…if it’s good news to celebrate. If it’s not good news, then I’m sure I’ll need his support. He immediately called his Medical Assistant and had her call the drug rep to cancel. He’s such a good man. I can’t hold it against him that he can’t read my mind, but really appreciate that he changed things when he realized it was important to me. I’m always understanding about work, but this was really an extra…and it’s an important day for us!

Thanks for the furniture tips! I would love to see pics of the nurseries. I am kind of stuck on what to do about ours. We have all the extra bedrooms upstairs, and our master is downstairs. But there is a library/office room right next to our master. It’s got lots of built in bookshelves, and the walls are painted in a black and white diamond pattern. It looks really neat for an office, but is definitely not a traditional nursery look. But I don’t know…I think I might be able to work with it. I’m not into traditional baby look anyway…I mean it could look really cute to fill up the shelves with books, stuffed animals, etc. We are planning on having at least one more, so I could use this as a nursery and when each one gets old enough, move them to a “big kid” room upstairs. I do hate the idea of them having to come down the stairs in the middle of the night when they are little, but I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Sorry about the no writing then writing a novel. I hate picking on my iPad so when I get my laptop out, I just go to town. LOL FX for our scans Amy!!

I'm stalking nd anxiously waiting for your scan results Amy and Sarah!!! Fx'd O:)

Sarah, I am glad your hubby could cancel his dinner tonight! Sometimes I think guys don't realize how important something is to us girls, I have had to speak up before with my hubby too. He means well but just doesn't always think how I wish he would think!

I have gained about 2-3 lbs now, but my stomach looks like I have gained more. I always had a flat stomach and wider hips and now it just seems like I am very rounded with excess flab on the stomach. But a mini bump is starting to form! I was on class C meds for my stomach issues (IBS) and had to stop taking them when I found out I was pregnant. They helped me to have an appetite so when I stopped them I completely lost my appetite and still struggle to eat. If I wait until I am hungry I would barely consume any calories, so I make myself eat but unfortunately I get full really quick. My OB didn't seem to worry at 13 weeks but I will check again after they weigh me at my appointment in 2 weeks. I dropped about 6 pounds in the first trimester and so far I would be up about 8 pounds since then, so that is about 2 pounds gained from my original weight. So I think I am gaining more weight now. Sorry such a long story!

We will have the nursery but I doubt the twins will sleep in it right away. I am planning on having them sleep next to our bed so I can hear them and have them close by. We have a ranch so I don't have to worry about stairs, but I know my BIL has two floors and kept their LO in their bedroom for the first few months.

Well, my appt was awful. I saw a different dr today bc my dr wants me to meet the other dr's in the office in case she isn't there when I deliver. Let's just say I'm going to throw a tantrum if the dr I saw today has to deliver my baby... First off, she didn't even introduce herself when she walked in, just immediately started with, "I'm going to be the mean one today. You've gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks. If you keep on this path you're going to gain 24 more pounds by the end of your pregnancy." Thanks for the math lesson, bitch. I'm all for being concerned about the weight gain and all, but that's not how I want to be told. Weight can be a sensitive thing for some people and I would've liked to have been told that in a much nicer way. Not to mention that she hadn't even looked at my file. She had to ask me if this was my first pregnancy and had no clue that I had been at the ER less than a week ago, which I know would have been put into my file. And being that she was the dr that was on call while I was at the ER... Like, my name or this incident doesn't ring any bells at all to you?? I was just completely turned off by her. And had she shown concern about my supposed weight gain rather than just being completely rude, I could've explained that less than a week ago at the ER visit, I was told to dramatically up my water intake which I'm sure has resulted in some water weight, and also (maybe tmi) that I've been kinda constipated the last 2 days. Both of those things id assume could result in some temporary weight gain, but what do I know... It was just an awful visit and I hope I never have to see that dr again!

But onto positive things... I can't wait to hear about scans!!!

And that's so nice that your husband canceled his dinner tonight to celebrate with you. : )

Our nursery is literally right next to our bedroom and I have a futon in there so I'm thinking I'll just sleep in there with him for a little while. My husband gets up at 6am every morning and works 12 hour days most of the time, so I figure I'll let him get his sleep and take the nightly feedings and such since I'll be off of work for a while. I'll post pics of the nursery here shortly for whoever wanted to see pictures of nurseries, I can't remember who said that. Lol

And Suzy, how have you been doing? Haven't seen you around much!

Here's my gorgeous little baby!! (baby...singular!) Yay! Everything is great! Heart rate of 160 and it's measuring larger than they expected. Couldn't be happier right now!!

Attachments

• 10641018_10102496177966237_1318541575313705863_n.jpg
    10641018_10102496177966237_1318541575313705863_n.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3
Sarah, congratulations! So glad your sweet little one is doing well with a strong heartbeat.

Allison, sorry that doctor was so negative. Sounds like they are clueless to what has been happening with you. But I love your nursery! So cute!! My hubby gets up at 6am for work too so I will try to do most feedings during the night. He will probably have to help me for the first few weeks though with two!

Love your nursery, Allison. It's not too foo foo baby which I like! I was the one who asked to see them! Now I'm excited to hear from Amy!

Thanks Savvy!! I feel soooo blessed! And relieved! And happy! It's a good day!

Yeah I will def be in charge of night feedings. DH works long hours and people's lives are on the line. I really don't want to be responsible for him messing up out of exhaustion. And I will be staying home. So, yeah, I'll deal with it!

Yeah, he'll have to help you for a little bit with 2, that could be overwhelming at first!

Is it weird that I'm slightly excited about being up at night with a baby? Lol

Where's Amy?! I want to hear about her appt now that I've heard about Sarah's!

Here's my gorgeous little baby!! (baby...singular!) Yay! Everything is great! Heart rate of 160 and it's measuring larger than they expected. Couldn't be happier right now!!

Congratulations Sara!!! I'm so happy you have a healthy baby in there O:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->