After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

But onto positive things... I can't wait to hear about scans!!!

And that's so nice that your husband canceled his dinner tonight to celebrate with you. : )

Our nursery is literally right next to our bedroom and I have a futon in there so I'm thinking I'll just sleep in there with him for a little while. My husband gets up at 6am every morning and works 12 hour days most of the time, so I figure I'll let him get his sleep and take the nightly feedings and such since I'll be off of work for a while. I'll post pics of the nursery here shortly for whoever wanted to see pictures of nurseries, I can't remember who said that. Lol

And Suzy, how have you been doing? Haven't seen you around much!

I've been reading every day O:)
Today is my last vacation day. Back to work tomorrow... Maybe now I'll have time to post here again. Lol!
But seriously I don't know how I'm going to do it. Before I went on vacation I nearly fell asleep at work. All I wanted to do was nap. How am I going to do this now?
Sorry about your appt. Weight is a sensitive subject for me as well and I would not react well if someone told me that.
Your nursery is beautifiul, it's so homey. I can totally imagine myself in there O:)

Has anyone heard from Amy?

Hi everyone!! Apologies for the delay in update... Had a beautiful scan! Baby is measuring right on target based on my ovulation date, so a few days behind my LMP. I'm 7w6d rather than 8w3d. Heartbeat of 153, we are so thrilled!! Next appointment in two weeks.

Sarah, congratulations!!:hugs:

Allison, so sorry to hear about your appt not going well.

Hope everyone is feeling great!

Good luck going back to work, Suzy! Hopefully you can stay awake! Lol

And so glad everything went well, Amy! : )

So happy for you Amy!

Looking forward to more appointments and updates. My gender scan is scheduled for September 16th. I can't wait!!

Wow Savvy! That's coming right up! How exciting! Do you have a feeling either way? I'm going to guess one of each. :)

Savvy I have my 12 week scan on 16-09 as well. Hopefully we'll both have good news. Well you will for sure O:). Do you have any gut feeling about what you're having?

I'm so excited because we are going to tell my dad and his wife tonight. I have already told a couple of my close friends and my grandmother and sister. But my mom is passed away, as is DH's mother (and I would never dream of leaving a baby with his father, lol). So my dad and his wife will be the only real grandparents. I am so excited. I am my dad's only child, and this is my first, so it really is a special day. He has had some grandpa practice with his wife's grandkids, but I know it will be so special to him to have a real flesh and blood grandchild!

He knows we have been trying a long time and were doing our first fertility treatment, but I have not updated him. And he is wise enough not to ask...just wait and know I will tell him what I want to when I want to. I got him a shirt, which I attached a picture of. I'm wondering if he'll look at it without really reading it and just wonder why I got him a "Godfather" shirt. Haha! Can't wait! I'll let you guys know how it goes. :) (Oh, also you ladies who are in my April group, I'm posting this over there too...sorry!)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-08-31 13.47.16 copy.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-08-31 13.47.16 copy.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
Sarah, that's so exciting to tell them in person! How did it go??

Hi girls! We just got back from a long weekend at the lake house so that is why I have been quiet here.

Congrats again Sarah and Amy on some great scans!

Suzy, that is exciting you have an appointment the same day that I do! I also have an appointment with my OB on 9/10 for a check-up. Busy month around here!

Sarah, I love the shirt for "The Grandfather", I bet he was thrilled when you told him!

When I first got pregnant I thought it was a boy... but I kept thinking about boy and girl names before I found out about twins, so my gut is either saying boy/boy or boy/girl. Hubby is convinced with his luck it is girl/girl. Either way I am thrilled, there are good things about each combination of genders! :)

Oh I'm so excited for our next scans. I just hope everything is ok. It's been almost 3 weeks since I had my first scan and it's weird not being able to see the baby. I wanna know what's going on in there you know? In the meantime I've told my sister, 2 girlfriends and my boss. I wanted her to know why I've been "slower" lately and why I'm having a harder time focusing. And just in case I felt sick or dizzy at work. She congratulated me and was great btw. I asked her not to tell the manager or HR yet as I wanted to wait until the 12 week mark and she totally respects that O:)

Suzy, I agree! I had my last scan 4 weeks ago and I am going crazy waiting until my next appointment. It is getting easier as my bump is starting to grow and I am feeling a little movement (or what I think/hope is movement). I wish I had an ultrasound machine at my house! :)

Suzy and Savvy, I'm excited about your upcoming scans too! Savvy yours are the cutest with the two little sacs and beans!

It went great telling my dad and his wife. He said he was a little suspicious when I walked in with a gift. But I made him open it right away so he didn't have too long to wonder. They were both so happy for us. Every year my dad grows a ton of basil and we all get together to pick it off the stalks and make batch after batch of pesto, assembly line style. It freezes really well, and we use it throughout the year. It's just a fun tradition we have. Patty (dad's wife) said, "Next year I'll get to hold the baby while you're doing that." It was so funny because although I KNOW consciously that the baby is coming in April, it was so much more real to hear it framed like that. Next year, when we do this tradition again...baby will be a few months old! It's so crazy/wonderful to think about!! When pregnancy starts to drag on, I'm going to make myself think about how time seems to fly between other events that are a year apart.

Savvy, when you said your Dh thinks it will be two girls "with his luck" that reminded me of something mine would say. It drives me crazy. Like he should feel like me and be thrilled either way, there are different things to look forward to but either would be so wonderful! Even though he says he would be so happy either way, he also makes certain comments that make it clear he's hoping for a boy. I am trying to just accept that it is some damn caveman part of his brain that needs to use his penis to make another penis that can keep spreading his seed. LOL. But I feel like we're going to have a girl. (Partly because it's more common with the IUI as the "female-producing" sperm are not as fast but more resilient so more likely to live through sperm washing, the drive to the clinic, etc., and partly just because I feel like him wanting a boy so much is going to make that not happen.) And I hate that mixed in with joy, he will even have a tiny bit of disappointment. Even though I know when we do have a girl, he will adore her. Wow...didn't intend to write so much. Guess I needed to get that off my chest!

Sarah, how exciting your dad knows! It is amazing how quickly a year passes. The first few weeks I was pregnant it seemed to drag by, I couldn't wait for September...all of a sudden I realized I am 17 weeks and summer is over. I am a bit sad for the summer to be over but I am looking forward to this winter!

I think my hubby would be thrilled with whatever genders we get surprised with...actually I think he would be more excited to have a little girl, but he would probably never admit that. He is so good with our niece, it is cute to watch. My hubby is such a guy too - he loves all the guy things like cars, hunting, fishing, dirt bikes, etc and I am a total girly girl. I think he gets worried if it is two girls they will turn out like me and not be interested in his hobbies. I reassured him that camo comes in pink too! :)

Do you plan on finding out the gender early? It is interesting about girl sperm making it through the IUI process better. I looked at my chart and we did a lot of BDing before I O'd and the day of O but none after...I know they say female sperm live longer and male producing sperm swim faster, I guess we will find out in two weeks!

Not sure how I am feel...but we are going to look at minivans tonight. I love my SUV but we realized that even with the third row that we just need a different layout and the minivan is probably the best option. My lease is due in March so we aren't rushing into a decision but I just figured I would rather crawl around the van before I get too big or it gets too cold here. That way we have 6 months to make our decision.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I am glad summer is coming to an end...I am in Oklahoma, and our summers are very hot and humid. Fall is probably my favorite season, because it's always a nice relief from the summer. So I think I "planned" (not really!) my pregnancy at the exact right time as I won't have to be huge and sweaty during the heat. Where do you live Savvy? I can't remember if you've said.

My hubs is a very manly man too. He grew up hunting and all that but he's too much of a softie these days to kill anything. But he is intent that our little boy is going to play basketball. I keep telling him that he had his chance to live, and we won't be pushing our kid to do anything. He is just so traditional in some ways that I am very liberal "to each his/her own." But I'm sure he will grow as a person through this experience, because my way is obviously right. LOL

Yes, we are definitely finding out the gender as soon as it's offered for us to find out. I will probably just take my doctor's lead as far as when. I won't demand specifically to find out early, but if she offers it, I'll say yes! DH grew up with 4 brothers, so I'm sure it's just a case of not thinking he'd relate as much to a girl, like you were saying. I grew up with just a sister, and before my college job at a preschool, I also thought I wouldn't know what to do with a boy. But then after working there, I fell in love with some little boys, so I'd totally be thrilled either way.

So I get to join you guys over here...

I am an only child and when I was growing up I hoped and wished for a girl in our family. I had all male cousins on the side of the family we are close with. I dreamed of having the perfect SIL one day...my husband's brother and wife are completely different than us, and while she is nice...we aren't friends and have nothing in common. I would love a little girl but I know I would go into debt buying tutu's and girly stuff...and she would be a total tomboy because of my hubby! lol :)

So that being said, I am super excited with whatever combo of genders we get. They all have different advantages and I know it will be what is right for our family.

Minivan shopping went surprisingly well...I was impressed that I could still get all my fun options and leather seats in a decent looking minivan and it is probably even cheaper than my SUV.

It is exciting you are finding out the gender too! Seems like most girls are going in between 18-20 weeks though some girls in my February group are paying for early scans.

MONI!!!! Yay yay yay!!! So thrilled for you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->