After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Very stressful weekend. I woke up at midnight on Saturday night to go to the bathroom, to discover the toilet full of bright red blood. I was horrified and convinced that I was losing the baby. I just laid in bed and sobbed. But did not want to go into the emergency room or anything because I know there's not anything they can do. The next morning I called the doctor on call, and he reassured me that everything was probably fine. He said his wife had a lot of bleeding around this time...like heavy enough to be menstrual cycle type bleeding, but everything ended up fine. Then my sister said the same thing had happened to her right around this same time. I hadn't had any cramping, so I just tried to stay as positive as possible.

They did change my scan from Wednesday afternoon to this morning (Monday). Praise God...everything looks wonderful. Strong heartbeat of 179, and measuring a day ahead at 9 weeks 3 days. Sweet little stubby arms and legs. I even got to see it moving and wiggling a whole bunch. I feel so much better. And I really feel like I can relax and enjoy the pregnancy now. While you're not guaranteed anything until the baby's in your arms, I just feel very comfortable and confident now.

Attachments

• 9weeks2days.jpg
    9weeks2days.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 5
Oh I imagine how scared and distraught you must have felt Sarah! I'm so happy the baby is OK. Did you find out why you were bleeding? Since my BFP I always look down after wiping with my heart in my hands you know. What a strong heartbeat: 179! WOW! Way to go mom O:)

Thanks Suzy! Yeah I thought the "potty anxiety" would stop when I got preggers and stopped fearing AF every time I peed! But no...on it goes! LOL

No, they didn't tell me why, but I didn't even ask. I was planning to, but then got so caught up in seeing my little sweetie dance and wiggle, that I couldn't think of anything else. Yes, strong heartbeat!:happydance::happydance: <---That's me and the baby both doing the happy dance!

Amy that's awesome that you did a 10K...I'm inspired! But not enough to actually run lol. I can't force myself to enjoy running at all...I just hate it the whole time. But I do well with group classes at the Y. I think I need to be a little more distracted. :)

Savvy I am sooo ready to hear what you are having! So you decided to just find out in the Dr's office, huh? I am definitely going to do that too...although I think gender reveals where the couple finds out are adorable. I just don't have the patience for it. Plus I think I'll want that moment just with DH.

Moni, how are you going? Yeah, I totally get you. It's really an emotional roller coaster! Especially at first. I haven't had hardly any nausea/MS, which is really a blessing since everything is fine, but there were so many times I would have welcomed a little for some reassurance.

Doing better the headache lasted until Sat morning - I am correlating them to spicy food...cut down on that and no headaches/nausea since Sat morning. Still some cramping and I took a couple of naps over the weekend - so that couldhave helped with the headaches as well. Scan tomorrow at 5 weeks - not expecting to see much but excited just the same!

Glad everything was fine Sarah!

Hello ladies! I check on this thread now & then...hoping to come join you soon. We found a buy buy baby about an hour away, so we went there today. I love it more than Babies R Us. So now I am on their website. Savvy - thought of you when I saw this.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...am-frame-in-twins/1018282666?categoryId=30010

Sarah, I am so glad everything is okay with the baby! How scary in the middle of the night too. I think quite a few girls in the Feb thread had some bleeding or spotting around that time. Can't remember if you are taking progesterone...the RE told me I could have some light bleeding with that.

I hate to tell you girls but I still look down at the toilet paper every time...I think it is now a bad habit of mine but anxiety takes over.

I did decide to just find out at the scan...while I would love to see my reaction and have a reveal photo shoot, my photographer friend isn't available until Thursday and there is no way I could wait 2 days holding that envelope! I think the scan will be fun to watch and then my friend will take our pictures later with some balloons or something so we can post a gender reveal picture on fb after my baby shower reveal.

Moni, glad you are feeling better. When I get a bad headache I usually try to drink 12 oz of water and that seems to help. If it doesn't I am usually tired. I can't wait to hear all about your scan tomorrow!

Beaglemom, hi! Thanks for the link, I am definitely ordering it! I just went to buy buy baby last week for the first time to check it out. So clean and easy to find exactly what you need. Plus our store takes Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons since they are the same company. I still check in on the ttc thread and I can't wait to have you join us here!

So I just made a huge purchase...on diapers.com they have a crazy good sale with 25% off over 100+ brands. I just bought my Chicco Cortina Double Stoller, 2 Chicco KeyFit 30 seats and the 2 bases - the regular price is $849.95 at every store including amazon...I paid $637.45! I just saved myself over $200! That is one major purchase out of the way...now I can focus on furniture! :winkwink:

Savvy, I hope you have a boy and a girl so you can get these onesies.... Hahahaha!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 7
Allison, I saw those onesies on pinterest and thought they were so cute! I find out the genders in a week! :)

I can't wait to hear the genders, savvy!!! And what a good deal you got! I love feeling like I got a bargain!

Has anyone else started shopping for baby things yet??

Glad everyone is doing well! I had an appt yesterday with my dr, so I told her how rude the dr I saw last time was. She apologized and said that I hadn't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks, but that I have gained enough so I should aim to not gain anymore which is fine by me! Everything else looked good though, and my glucose test was normal so yay for no gestational diabetes! We have our birthing class this Saturday... The husband is super excited about that, lemme tell you. Hahaha! But only 67 more days!!!

Allison, the more I save the more I can buy! I just snagged two Fisher Price rock n' play sleepers for about half off, shipped to my door!

So glad you passed the glucose test! That is great news. Glad you saw your doctor this time and the appointment went well. Wow 67 days are going to go fast!

wow amy - so close!

Yay on the great purchases Savvy - as always.

Scan went really well - doc started off saying we might not see much and then seemed surprised when we saw a textbook shaped sac!! Beta was 2469! Progesterone was over 40 so I can cut the injection back down to 1cc. Back next Tuesday and hoping to see a heartbeat!

Moni, I am so happy for you! Glad you were able to see the sac and your beta is excellent!

Next Tuesday is going to be an exciting scan day...Moni, Suzy and I have scans!
I have my appointment tomorrow afternoon with my OB...not sure if she will do a scan, hoping she at least uses the doppler.

Moni, so glad for you!! Yes! Can't wait for next Tuesday! Good results always make me happy! I have my first appt with my OBGYN on Thursday (well since I've been preggers anyway...I saw her for testing before going to the RE). She went to med school with my husband, and she is so sweet and down to earth. I know she will be so excited that we were successful on the first try! Not sure if she will do an ultrasound or not. Of course I wouldn't mind, but I'm not dying for one as Monday's was so encouraging. But I won't say no!

Beaglemom, sooo glad you popped in! I still check back in on the group and am rooting for you guys all to join us sooner rather than later! Really keeping my FX for your IVF assistance application to be accepted. When should you expect to hear back about that?

Savvy that's an awesome deal! They don't call you SavvySaver for nothing, huh! LOL I was having lunch with my sister yesterday and we popped in to Babies R Us after for about 30 mins. That was about all I could handle lol. But I will certainly be going back to try out strollers and stuff like that, even if I end up buying them online. Sooo much junk with babies! I want all the conveniences because I know the early months/years will have enough challenges, but I don't want so much crap in my life!

Moni, so glad for you!! Yes! Can't wait for next Tuesday! Good results always make me happy! I have my first appt with my OBGYN on Thursday (well since I've been preggers anyway...I saw her for testing before going to the RE). She went to med school with my husband, and she is so sweet and down to earth. I know she will be so excited that we were successful on the first try! Not sure if she will do an ultrasound or not. Of course I wouldn't mind, but I'm not dying for one as Monday's was so encouraging. But I won't say no!

Beaglemom, sooo glad you popped in! I still check back in on the group and am rooting for you guys all to join us sooner rather than later! Really keeping my FX for your IVF assistance application to be accepted. When should you expect to hear back about that?

Savvy that's an awesome deal! They don't call you SavvySaver for nothing, huh! LOL I was having lunch with my sister yesterday and we popped in to Babies R Us after for about 30 mins. That was about all I could handle lol. But I will certainly be going back to try out strollers and stuff like that, even if I end up buying them online. Sooo much junk with babies! I want all the conveniences because I know the early months/years will have enough challenges, but I don't want so much crap in my life!

Hoping for a decision on Oct 1. I still have not received confirmation that my app was received. If nothig by Monday, I will try to email them. I had to send an app fee, so I am also looking for that to clear...just something to let me know my app is in their hands! But if the grant is not successful, I am still moving forward in my Oct cycle...fingers crossed...

Awesome appointment today...I have the big scan next week so the OB just took a quick look at the twins. A is head down, feet up. B is breech and wiggling around, like every time. Good heartbeats. :)

Beaglemom, I hope you get confirmation soon that they have your app. My fx'd that you get the grant. I am looking forward to your Oct cycle!

Sarah, Babies R Us was very overwhelming the first time since I didn't have a list or even know how much stuff I would actually need. When I was in there last week it seemed exciting (still a bit overwhelming) and I can't wait to pick out and set up everything, it will make this all feel very real. It will be hard to choose some things, but I don't want to end up with way too much that the twins won't use. I have made a list in excel of what I need, the quantity, price and notes so I can research and list the item I would like to purchase.

savvy - another great place to shop is Amazon Warehouse. You can find a ton of stuff that was returned so Amazon sells at a discount...from diapers to strollers. And if you have Amazon Prime, you get free shipping.

Great tip, Beaglemom! I love my amazon prime but had never heard of their warehouse deals. I also want to join some local Facebook groups with kid stuff for sale, but better wait until I make it FB official! Will be keeping my FX for your application! :)

So...how is everyone doing these days? Remind me of your upcoming doctor appt dates. Savvy, you have your big one this week, right? Woohoo! Would love to hear an update from all of you guys! :)

AFM, hanging in there. These last couple of weeks have been a bit challenging. I had two bleeding episodes again (had the first one last Saturday night) on this Friday and Saturday mornings. After the one on Friday, I got in with the doc and confirmed that baby was fine, great heartbeat and perfect growth. He said once you have one, it's common to have multiple episodes. Also said I don't need to call them unless it's heavier than menstrual cycle. So just trying to take it super easy and let whatever is happening hopefully heal up. No cramping, so that's very reassuring.

Also, nausea has reared it's head for the first time in a major way this week. Mostly late afternoon/evening/night. I did read that this is around the time that the HCG is at its highest, so I guess it just took quite a bit for me to be affected. But in a way it's reassuring with the bleeding....just ready for this first tri to be over.

How are you guys?

Thanks Beaglemom! I have never heard of Amazon warehouse but I will have to check that out. I absolutely love Amazon prime, makes shopping so easy! I am trying to keep up with the ttc thread, but please make sure to let us know how things go with your application. You totally deserve it.

Sarah, I am sorry to hear that you are still having some bleeding episodes. I am glad the baby is fine. Hopefully you won't have anymore episodes. Wow you are in double digits...now at 10+2...you are almost to the 2nd tri, hang in there girl!

I have had some constant cramping the last two days, which makes me nervous. A few girls in the February thread are mentioning the same thing, so I hope we are all just stretching and that is what is causing the cramping. I am still feeling what I think are the twins wiggling around, so that is reassuring.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. My mom and I spent the entire weekend cleaning out our office and guest room, I am combining the rooms and the other room will be the nursery. I am getting rid of all the furniture and the rooms are cleaned from top to bottom. I am going to use our 4th bedroom as a playroom until it is needed as a bedroom. Lots of work, but so exciting that the rooms are empty and ready to be redecorated!

My big scan is tomorrow! I am super excited but kind of nervous too. I have waited so long to find out the genders, it will be interesting to see if my hubby or I are guessing correctly. Any guesses here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->